No more First Cabin Access for Diamonds/Platinums?

jimbo5544

If First Access to your cabin for D/P is gone, will that make you not sail Carnival?  

658 members have voted

1. 1. If First Access to your cabin for D/P is gone, will that make you not sail Carnival?

• Yes - I am Diamond or Platinum already and this perk is important to me
    • No - I am Diamond or Platinum and this perk is not important to me
    • Yes - I am not Diamond or Platinum but this is something I was looking forward to
    • No - I am not Diamond or Platinum and this is something that is not important to me
    • Not bothered

It is a big deal to me. I am fortunate enough to live close enough to port that I can get off the ship and go to work without taking the day off which allows me to cruise in the first place, IF I can get off the ship quick enough. Grown mature adults are typically able to understand each circumstance is different instead of "this is the way it works for me so it does for everyone else". The intelligence of those is very debatable.

Agree. Some of us NEED to get off the ship ASAP. Why is nobody’s business. And no I’m not going to stop cruising and find a different vacation because of it. Since I can get off the ship early then I will. As long as I’m not doing anything wrong people need to mind their own business.

Just a trend. it is not that difficult to get platinum and there are thousands sailing every week. It isn't that exclusive. So, what's going to happen, when it's "common" for half the ship to qualify? (already happens) and people seem to think they are on a private yacht? There is no way, the ship can provide this in a timely manner.

Just a trend. it is not that difficult to get platinum and there are thousands sailing every week. It isn't that exclusive. So, what's going to happen, when it's "common" for half the ship to qualify? (already happens) and people seem to think they are on a private yacht? There is no way, the ship can provide this in a timely manner.

Yep, we all know that. It's sad that carnival just dances around the inevitable... Too early to see if they have just outright lied about it, but we will see. John Heald said, in person on a cruise that I was on with him, that they were looking at the benefits but assured the audience nothing would be taken away. The audience cheered and John smiled.

Yep, we all know that. It's sad that carnival just dances around the inevitable... Too early to see if they have just outright lied about it, but we will see. John Heald said, in person on a cruise that I was on with him, that they were looking at the benefits but assured the audience nothing would be taken away. The audience cheered and John smiled.

Sorry but John Heald cannot be considered a reliable source.

After Heald spent three years in 2012 claiming we would see brilliant changes in the loyalty program and we wouldn’t lose any benefits, it was discovered that all of his information was incorrect and he was so far from the truth... even up until the day before the VIFP Program was leaked by a PVP then formally announced by Carnival within a week.

Sorry but John Heald cannot be considered a reliable source.

After Heald spent three years in 2012 claiming we would see brilliant changes in the loyalty program and we wouldn’t lose any benefits, it was discovered that all of his information was incorrect and he was so far from the truth... even up until the day before the VIFP Program was leaked by a PVP then formally announced by Carnival within a week.

Maybe we don't understand his definition of brilliant

We were on Glory last week (Diamond) and our room was NOT ready at noon. Room keys were NOT in the door. Room Steward indicated room wasn't ready, and we were not faster to fun. Showed me his sheet with a column that indicated early room availability - nothing noted for our cabin.

After resisting, he gave keys and we went to lunch.

I am a shareholder, a consumer, and a Diamond member of Carnival. I do not feel that they have taken a step down for any of those segments. They have developed 2.0 features for their new ships and have been adding them or parts of it on every class of ship in their fleet. And many of the things in 2.0 are NOT additional costs. And they have added some higher end dining options that are additional cost. I will take those changes and enjoy them as opposed to complaining about "cutbacks" like getting rid of cheap chocolates on pillows, not putting razors and lotions in the bathroom because the manufacturers decided to stop giving them free for that purpose, pretending that you can only get your cabin serviced once a day, pretending that there are no robes anymore, and constantly ragging Carnival about things that every other cruise line worth its salt have been doing as well. If you call those things letting the product slip, then you need to just pack up and go somewhere else. You obviously would be much "happier", but you may also realize that your expectations of those other lines will lead you to complaining about them just like you are complaining about Carnival now. Happy hunting.
Well said...

Sent from my SM-N910V using Forums mobile app

We were on Glory last week (Diamond) and our room was NOT ready at noon. Room keys were NOT in the door. Room Steward indicated room wasn't ready, and we were not faster to fun. Showed me his sheet with a column that indicated early room availability - nothing noted for our cabin.

I'm sorry to hear this happened to you. As Carnival Diamond members you deserve far better treatment.

That guy is a company man who must toe the line. If the suits at corporate aren't ready to reveal a change, knowing that he's probably Carnival's biggest public voice, they'll have no problem ordering him to lie and deny until they're ready to take it public. And if he likes his job, he'll do as they say. All the while knowing his cheerleaders will continue to tout him as the god of Carnival.

Wow, I really didn't think it would affect diamonds Truly this will show greed over loyalty.

That guy is a company man who must toe the line. If the suits at corporate aren't ready to reveal a change, knowing that he's probably Carnival's biggest public voice, they'll have no problem ordering him to lie and deny until they're ready to take it public. And if he likes his job, he'll do as they say. All the while knowing his cheerleaders will continue to tout him as the god of Carnival.

It's a sweet gig for sure...

I hope that enough of us show carnival that loyalty goes both ways when this is enacted to offset the revenue of this greedy move.

LOL, well I do not know about god of Carnival, but he has you doing his work for him. Looks like someone has been watching too many soap operas. He has the biggest travel blog by far and gets paid to keep people informed and attuned. He does that well....what exactly is a company man head to toe?

Sorry to hear this happened. We were with you on the same cruise, same ship, forward cabin on deck 7. Our keys were there and cabin was ready when we boarded at 1130. We had Arie, an excellent steward, this cruise.

His suits have thrown him under the bus numerous times. Well I like to think that is what happened, but sometimes wonder if he does know that he is telling fibs from time to time.

LOL, well I do not know about god of Carnival, but he has you doing his work for him. Looks like someone has been watching too many soap operas. He has the biggest travel blog by far and gets paid to keep people informed and attuned. He does that well....what exactly is a company man head to toe?
And how exactly am I doing his work for him? The guy's a tool. I don't follow his blog or his fb page, get enough updates about that garbage on here. He gets paid to tell the public exactly what Carnival wants him to.

And how exactly am I doing his work for him? The guy's a tool. I don't follow his blog or his fb page, get enough updates about that garbage on here. He gets paid to tell the public exactly what Carnival wants him to.

Objection! Hearsay!

By discussing it you keep him (and by default his site) in the news. Have you ever met him? He actually is a pretty good guy. As far as I know, every spokesperson for a company follows the same mold. Their boss tells them the message to get across and they do it. You say it like it is a bad thing.... Ask around here, even some of his critics, and I think they will tell you he is a stand up guy and a few were even assisted during trying times.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I follow JH and really think he's doing a great job at what he does. However, by following him I can see that he gets 95% of his info from this site. Sometimes I think he should just come on here instead of his stupid Q/A thing he does all the time. Whenever he does a poll, you can bet something is about to be taking away or modified.

After saying all that, I still would love to have his job...lol