No more First Cabin Access for Diamonds/Platinums?

jimbo5544

If First Access to your cabin for D/P is gone, will that make you not sail Carnival?  

658 members have voted

1. 1. If First Access to your cabin for D/P is gone, will that make you not sail Carnival?

• Yes - I am Diamond or Platinum already and this perk is important to me
    • No - I am Diamond or Platinum and this perk is not important to me
    • Yes - I am not Diamond or Platinum but this is something I was looking forward to
    • No - I am not Diamond or Platinum and this is something that is not important to me
    • Not bothered

I like to give him the benefit of the doubt and think he wouldn’t straight up lie to our faces. It’s Carnival Corporate I just don’t trust. There’s something to be said about plausible deniability.

At any rate, I think it’s suspicious that if it isn’t true that they haven’t added the one little sentence back in. That one action could solve it all right there. Since they haven’t, then I am led to believe that if it’s not in effect right now that it will be very soon. Someone had to intentionally delete it out and it’s possible they just did it too soon. Time will tell.

Carnival Corporate tells him how high to jump and he does it. If you recall the last change in the loyalty program he was still feeding us untruths even after the real truth was reported here on CC.

Not sure when he knew the truth but do believe he was going on and on with what he knew to be untrue since he was told to do so,

Yes there is a discrepancy and that’s the issue. The description itself looks the same to me when clicked through as a Shore Excursion with the exception of pricing. It’s always said that about D/P as far as I can recall.
It looks to me like you are both correct. When you pull up the FTTF info, it shows the statements on D/P as FBW listed with the missing info on early cabin access for D/P. If you click thru like you are going to purchase FTTF, it is stated as BMS listed. So the website is not consistent from one place to the next. I'm looking at the website on my phone, so it could be different from a desktop or tablet.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Forums mobile app

It looks to me like you are both correct. When you pull up the FTTF info, it shows the statements on D/P as FBW listed with the missing info on early cabin access for D/P. If you click thru like you are going to purchase FTTF, it is stated as BMS listed. So the website is not consistent from one place to the next. I'm looking at the website on my phone, so it could be different from a desktop or tablet.

Yep. That’s what I’ve been saying. They removed it from where it was before and that’s different than how it used to be.

I personally think it will sell just as well as it did prior to the price increase. San, have you ever read FTTF threads? It literally has a cult following....People are crazed about it. You have many posters claiming "I wont sail without it". If you believe them at their word, that means these people will actually cancel a cruise if they cant get FTTF. :eek:

I correlate that to cancelling an entire Disney Vacation because the Monorail is not operational....Seems nuts to any normal thinking person, but not this group. You have people checking daily, dozens of times a day for months on end and if it gets close to their cruise and they still havent secured it, they come on here in a full blown panic proclaiming "WHAT CAN I DO, WHAT CAN I DO....I STILL HAVENT GOTTEN FTTF, MY CRUISE IS RUINED" :loudcry:

Oh heck yea, it will still sell out, no problem

Totally agree, and Carnival will keep raising the price of FTTF as long as people are willing to pay it also. Why wouldn't they? Free money and more of it.

I have sailed with FTTF a few times, and did find myself at first getting caught up in the "I have to have it or I am crushed" feeling. That was when it was 49.95.

When the price went up, I re evaluated the cost vs the benefits and found that I was getting all upset over lining up out the door early to fight the crowds and people literally pushing their way in the crowds to initially get on board..all for an hour or 2 earlier.

I realized it wasn't worth it to me (uh oh...I said me :) ) Once I found that 1:30pm was a great check in time that let me and my dd and mom walk right on and to our room, for no additional cost or stress...I was much happier.

So many people get caught up in the rat race to get on first, get to eat first etc, it becomes an obsession. People can deny it all they want, it truly shows some bad behavior in many ways. We have all seen it.

But not my problem anymore. I keep my stress level down from beginning to end.

Carnival will watch how much they can let the price go up and still sell...I bet its over 100 soon.

The title is a false rumor, for starters. There is still early cabin access for Diamonds/Platinums. That's a FACT!

No it’s not. Read it again. See the “?” ? It’s still a perk says JH, however, it’s known that he doesn’t always give the correct info. It is also a fact that it has been removed from the FTTF description page as also being included for Diamonds and Platinums. So until it’s added back, it’s anyone’s guess what the real answer is.

The title is a false rumor, for starters. There is still early cabin access for Diamonds/Platinums. That's a FACT!

I can tell you haven’t read the thread in its entirety...kind of don’t blame you as its 13 pages...anyhoo. But Jim already mentioned his mistake with the title and how he was referring to early cabin access. Plus this is a combination of two threads and some stuff got lost in the mix. This isn’t fake news. It was a problem Carnival created and for some odd reason has yet to resolve. It only takes me 60 seconds or less to update a page on my website. Not sure why it is taking them so long especially after all this ruckus.

I think they posted the wrong headline on this. It had nothing to do with embarkation it had to do with CabinAccess. Also, their website has removed ALL references to early cabin access for Plat/Diam like it used to be on the FTTF page. BUT the other items still say "Already applies to Plat and Diamond guests". I think it's not an error, they just announced too soon.

Mary and Mischelle know EXACTLY what is going on in that company, they've been taking questions for years now.

Mischelle has already answered there is NO change. Diamond/Platinum still have early luggage and cabin access.

I can tell you haven’t read the thread in its entirety...kind of don’t blame you as its 13 pages...anyhoo. But Jim already mentioned his mistake with the title and how he was referring to early cabin access. Plus this is a combination of two threads and some stuff got lost in the mix. This isn’t fake news. It was a problem Carnival created and for some odd reason has yet to resolve. It only takes me 60 seconds or less to update a page on my website. Not sure why it is taking them so long especially after all this ruckus.

Thanks. Yeah the two threads did get merged and that threw me off his morning. But it appears they kept the title to my poll/thread which is right. At least that’s how I see it on my phone. Anyway, I wish they would hurry up and fix the website or tell us the truth and quit dancing around.

Mischelle has already answered there is NO change. Diamond/Platinum still have early luggage and cabin access.

Then tell Mischelle to change the website back. Wouldn’t be the first time something was leaked ahead of time and was denied only to come to fruition. Trust me - I would be ECSTATIC if this was much ado about nothing!

I know better than to read a thread that has gone over a page for exactly the reasons you mention and more. It is fake news. I doubt Carnival's IT department will win awards for competency.

Hopefully so. It sure would help if Carnival would put back what they removed from their website. It would also help if ALL diamond/platinum members were given early access and not have to report back that they were turned away either by a sign or a steward or found their room to be not ready. Consistency doesn’t seem to be Carnival’s strong suit.

Another Facebook group seem to be causing a bit of a kerfuffle. Someone there has said that we have stopped Diamond and Platinum guests having immediate access to the cabins when they board and that this benefit is solely for Faster to the Fun guests.

Please ignore this silly rumour.

There have been no changes and guests who have a diamond or platinum card will still be able to do this.

So please ignore any rumours you may have read elsewhere.

Cheers

I saw this on John Heald's page

2 people stated on the Facebook page for Platinums and Diamonds that they had not been allowed to go to their rooms early. This was on the Dream and Magic I think.

Then tell Mischelle to change the website back. Wouldn’t be the first time something was leaked ahead of time and was denied only to come to fruition. Trust me - I would be ECSTATIC if this was much ado about nothing!

I have better things to do, including a life in reality.

2 people stated on the Facebook page for Platinums and Diamonds that they had not been allowed to go to their rooms early. This was on the Dream and Magic I think.

Actually here is the story in a nutshell, but I encourage anyone interested to visit JH’s FB to verify. So because many plats/diamonds werereporting issues accessing their rooms early, someone (the posts are still on fb) went on Carnival’s FB page and asked. The Carnival employee said that perk was now only for FTTF. People began to call Carnival and were told the same thing over the phone. Then after an hour or so Mischelle from Carnival said that the perk was not being taken away. Meanwhile, saavy folks posted b4/after pics of where it was on various webpages and how it had been removed from those webpages. JH initially deleted this person’s post of concern on JH’s fb page. Then JH posted that a fb group created the rumor (not true) and that the perk is still there for plats/diamonds. Ok I’m done, y’all are caught up :cool:

Actually here is the story in a nutshell, but I encourage anyone interested to visit JH’s FB to verify. So because many plats/diamonds werereporting issues accessing their rooms early, someone (the posts are still on fb) went on Carnival’s FB page and asked. The Carnival employee said that perk was now only for FTTF. People began to call Carnival and were told the same thing over the phone. Then after an hour or so Mischelle from Carnival said that the perk was not being taken away. Meanwhile, saavy folks posted b4/after pics of where it was on various webpages and how it had been removed from those webpages. JH initially deleted this person’s post of concern on JH’s fb page. Then JH posted that a fb group created the rumor (not true) and that the perk is still there for plats/diamonds. Ok I’m done, y’all are caught up :cool:

Agree. I saw that too. So why haven’t they addressed who/why it was deleted from the website and who told employees it was no longer included? It gets trickier the more you know. If it was a simple mistake, then they should correct it on the website and put it to bed. After a few days of it going on without any results makes me think it may actually stick. Who knows.

This is the sign on Glory in October. I even mentioned in my review that I wondered if they were going to be taking away early cabin access.

d7c04c16d206ae679213458e5915f3ec.jpg

this is the sign we saw on 3/17 on the Splendor and it made me do a double take as usually it tells diamond/platinums to enter. Went to room, dropped of luggage and no one said anything

this is the sign we saw on 3/17 on the Splendor and it made me do a double take as usually it tells diamond/platinums to enter. Went to room, dropped of luggage and no one said anything

And if you read the fb comments on various fb pages, it seems like there are a good number of diamonds/platinums who weren’t allowed access to their rooms. One lady said a room steward told them to leave the area and that it was only for FTTF. I don’t believe that these folks or even the room stewards are just making things up. It almost seems to me that Carnival attempted to quietly make this change but underestimated the power of its loyal cruisers combined with social media...then Carnival backtracked in a hurry.

And it's a fact that D/P's on this board, and elsewhere, have been reporting that they've been getting turned away from accessing their rooms early in the last month or so.

I know better than to read a thread that has gone over a page for exactly the reasons you mention and more. It is fake news. I doubt Carnival's IT department will win awards for competency.
Are you suggesting this is a simple IT mistake? One key sentence was removed from the FAQ's and, as a result, its removal means a big D/P perk is no longer included (allegedly). That seems awful calculated.

I have better things to do, including a life in reality.
And yet, here you are.

This is the sign on Glory in October. I even mentioned in my review that I wondered if they were going to be taking away early cabin access.

d7c04c16d206ae679213458e5915f3ec.jpg

If I had to guess, I'd say that sign is just something generic that that particular crew had printed. Because it doesn't even mention FTTF being allowed in their rooms and, regardless of the truth about D/P's, FTTF is definitely still allowed. If you take that sign literally, then even FTTF aren't allowed, which we know they still are.

If I had to guess, I'd say that sign is just something generic that that particular crew had printed. Because it doesn't even mention FTTF being allowed in their rooms and, regardless of the truth about D/P's, FTTF is definitely still allowed. If you take that sign literally, then even FTTF aren't allowed, which we know they still are.

Or, they just didn't list any exception on the sign: this way, some people would think "well how would anyone know I didn't purchase faster to the fun?" and try to go on ahead to their cabin. This keeps anyone out, except those who did purchase and are in the know, and possibly told by the check-in person.

I don’t know. I believe they put those up in dry dock as they weren’t there before. It’s easier now to add an additional sign saying who is allowed through. They should have put another one next to it saying so, but now all they have to do is make smaller ones telling FTTF to go in. If they weren’t thinking about this for awhile, why not just update the signs to say the same thing as the old ones? These were on Conquest:

f7b6dc389779dbf21207df24bd70f409.jpg

I could buy that except post #252 reports seeing the same sign on the Splendor and firemanbobswife saw it on the Glory. What are the odds that crew on different ships created the same generic sign?

I could buy that except post #252 reports seeing the same sign on the Splendor and firemanbobswife saw it on the Glory. What are the odds that crew on different ships created the same generic sign?

The same sign was on the Conquest on our 2/26/18 sailing. Truthfully, I just ignored it and went to drop off our backpacks in our cabin, which seemed to be ready. I thought the sign was to deter non-Plat/Diamond/FTTF from going to the cabins. Didn't realize it might have been for everyone. Our steward saw us and didn't say not to go in.....