No more First Cabin Access for Diamonds/Platinums?

jimbo5544

If First Access to your cabin for D/P is gone, will that make you not sail Carnival?  

658 members have voted

1. 1. If First Access to your cabin for D/P is gone, will that make you not sail Carnival?

• Yes - I am Diamond or Platinum already and this perk is important to me
    • No - I am Diamond or Platinum and this perk is not important to me
    • Yes - I am not Diamond or Platinum but this is something I was looking forward to
    • No - I am not Diamond or Platinum and this is something that is not important to me
    • Not bothered

For what it's worth, which is probably nothing, the description for FTTF still includes the following at the beginning.

(Note: VIFP Club Diamond & Platinum members do not need to purchase this package as these and other benefits are included as part of your VIFP Club status.)

It sounds like another possible money-saving cut. If they end this perk, I see 2 options for those that not being able to access their room immediately upon boarding is a deal breaker:

1. Just show up for boarding after 1:30, or whatever time they say rooms will be available. There also is usually little, if any, wait to board at that time.

2. Choose another cruise line that has rooms ready as soon as you board. HAL has this for everyone. The downside is they may delay boarding for everyone until the rooms are ready.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Number 1 is what I have learned to do.

I had bought FTTF a few times, then tried it without and showing up around 130pm. LOVED the 130 pm experience...no lines, walk right through and onto the ship. Room was ready--no additional money out of my pocket :):)

So no matter what status I am, I will still do the 130 pm check in --we just ask for a later check out at our hotel and never have a problem.

I didn't post the entire description, but each separate item is no longer followed by that sentence. It appears on NONE of them, only at the very beginning.
Apparently you didn't read the link. It is listed at end of each one except cabin access.

Priority Security, Check-in and Boarding

A dedicated security and check-in lane has been set aside for all Priority guests on embarkation day. FTTF guests will board after VIFP Diamond, Platinum and guests traveling in deluxe suite accommodations.

Note: Only VIFP Diamond and Platinum guests and guests traveling in deluxe suite accommodations have access to the Captain’s Lounge.

First Access to Stateroom

Your stateroom will be ready for you as soon as you board, so you can relax or freshen up for all the fun you are about to have.

Priority Luggage

While we process thousands of bags, FTTF luggage will receive priority delivery.

Note: This is also a benefit for VIFP Diamond and Platinum guests.

Guest Services

Quickly have any of your questions answered or requests addressed as you will have a dedicated phone extension and line at Guest Services.

Note: This is also a benefit for VIFP Diamond and Platinum guests.

Dining Reservations

Priority Dinner Time Assignment: FTTF guests will be cleared after VIFP Platinum guests. This benefit does not include specific time reservations for 'Your Time Dining'.

Note: VIFP Diamond guests and guests traveling in deluxe suite accommodations are guaranteed their dining in the Main Dining Room.

You are correct I did not follow the link.

I went directly to Carnival's website, then to excursions, then to the description of FTTF.

I repeat, that sentence is not included at the end of any separate item.

I am very confused on what you mean. It’s at the end of all of them except First Access to the cabin. We posted it right there from the link. The link was where it always was and now isn’t.

I am very confused on what you mean. It’s at the end of all of them except First Access to the cabin. We posted it right there from the link. The link was where it always was and now isn’t.

I think this is what he is saying...

If you go to the Carnival site and go to excursions like you were going to purchase FTTF and look at the description there, it shows this:

CARNIVAL’S FASTER TO THE FUN PACKAGE:

Here's what it includes:

(Note: VIFP Club Diamond & Platinum members do not need to purchase this package as these and other benefits are included as part of your VIFP Club status.)

Priority Check-in

Bypass lines and have exclusive security screening lanes for initial embarkation at onset of cruise.

Guaranteed Stateroom

Your stateroom will be ready as soon as you board, so you can relax or freshen up for the fun you're about to have.

Express Luggage

Your luggage will be expedited to your stateroom so you can unpack and get settled in for a great vacation!

Guest Services

You'll have a dedicated phone number and line at Guest Services so you can quickly have your questions answered.

Dining Reservations

Priority Main Dining Room and Specialty Restaurant reservations (excluding Your Time Dining).

Priority Tender Boarding

We hope you take advantage of Carnival's Excursions. If you choose to explore the destination on your own, you will have the option to choose a priority tender from the ship to shore.

Debarkation

We're always sad to see you go. But when your cruise is over, you may choose an early or late debarkation time upon arrival to your homeport.

Click here for more details.

NOTES

The price covers all occupants of the cabin so only 1 guest needs to purchase but all occupants receive the benefits. Must purchase one per stateroom when travelling companions (e.g. children and parents) are in separate staterooms.

Please note, there is no specific "set" time, nor a specific arrival time required... once clearance is received from Customs to start boarding, Faster to the Fun guests will board after our VIFP Club Platinum & Diamond Guests.

Space is Limited.

After purchasing Faster to the Fun package, please remember to re-print your boarding documents so Faster to Fun reflects on your documents. Have FUN!

And I am also confused. I did not follow that link. I went to my next booked cruise in Cruise Manager.

Then to excursions for port 1, then to FTTF (which is already shown at the increased price.)

The generic statement I quoted is at the start. There is no statement whatsoever regarding Platinum or Diamond included in or at the end of each separate benefit.

Can only tell you what's there.

I think this is what he is saying...

If you go to the Carnival site and go to excursions like you were going to purchase FTTF and look at the description there, it shows this:

CARNIVAL’S FASTER TO THE FUN PACKAGE:

Here's what it includes:

Priority Check-in

Bypass lines and have exclusive security screening lanes for initial embarkation at onset of cruise.

Guaranteed Stateroom

Your stateroom will be ready as soon as you board, so you can relax or freshen up for the fun you're about to have.

Express Luggage

Your luggage will be expedited to your stateroom so you can unpack and get settled in for a great vacation!

Guest Services

You'll have a dedicated phone number and line at Guest Services so you can quickly have your questions answered.

Dining Reservations

Priority Main Dining Room and Specialty Restaurant reservations (excluding Your Time Dining).

Priority Tender Boarding

We hope you take advantage of Carnival's Excursions. If you choose to explore the destination on your own, you will have the option to choose a priority tender from the ship to shore.

Debarkation

We're always sad to see you go. But when your cruise is over, you may choose an early or late debarkation time upon arrival to your homeport.

Click here for more details.

NOTES

The price covers all occupants of the cabin so only 1 guest needs to purchase but all occupants receive the benefits. Must purchase one per stateroom when travelling companions (e.g. children and parents) are in separate staterooms.

Please note, there is no specific "set" time, nor a specific arrival time required... once clearance is received from Customs to start boarding, Faster to the Fun guests will board after our VIFP Club Platinum & Diamond Guests.

Space is Limited.

After purchasing Faster to the Fun package, please remember to re-print your boarding documents so Faster to Fun reflects on your documents. Have FUN!

Thank you. That is what I see verbatim.

Thank you. That is what I see verbatim.

Hope this whole discussion is finally resolved, lol. Guess they were just making some changes on their site and it took a lil while to complete the task. :confused: It's just like checking for price drops, sometimes it takes them awhile to complete and update all the itineraries in the system.

Hope this whole discussion is finally resolved, lol. Guess they were just making some changes on their site and it took a lil while to complete the task. :confused: It's just like checking for price drops, sometimes it takes them awhile to complete and update all the itineraries in the system.

I could agree with that, however, they removed that one sentence from that one perk and everything else remained the same. It was done intentionally. Prematurely? Possibly.

Right. I saw that too and it hasn’t changed. What has changed is the description as posted.

It’s real simple. If Carnival wants to end this, then all they need to do is put the website back to the way it was.

I have no argument with you. I am simply saying what is currently posted under FTTF makes it clear that D/P guest already get all the benefits.

If something else on the website contradicts that I can see there is still a question.

It is, however, a new description since it includes the new pricing.

Happy sailing.

This is exactly why cruise lines can get away with what they do. People will continue sailing on them no matter what. This reminds me of the abusive boyfriend that keeps beating his girlfriend, but she won’t leave him.

Then again, there are those who would switch cruise lines on a rumor that some thing terrible is coming. Definitely maybe!!! Just read your contract. Well then, read it again. And again. And again. See! Definitely maybe!!!

I have no argument with you. I am simply saying what is currently posted under FTTF makes it clear that D/P guest already get all the benefits.

If something else on the website contradicts that I can see there is still a question.

It is, however, a new description since it includes the new pricing.

Happy sailing.

Yes there is a discrepancy and that’s the issue. The description itself looks the same to me when clicked through as a Shore Excursion with the exception of pricing. It’s always said that about D/P as far as I can recall.

I like John a lot. However, his track record on accurate info has been less than stellar. Remember when they changed the VIFP program and he said no one would be downgraded? Wasn’t true. That’s just one example. I don’t think he intentionally gives bad info. He can only tell us what has been relayed to him and somewhere along the line there is a disconnect.

I really hope this is not true and everything stays the same. Maybe when Carnival hears about the concerns people have about this that they would take it off the table for consideration if it was ever on there. Just like the aft pools. Enough of us complained and they reversed course.

I disagree. I think he's a company man who has to toe the line. If they decide to make a change they know will probably tick off a lot of customers, they know he's (probably) the biggest liaison they have between corporate and the pubic. They know he's going to have to address rumors at some point, so I think they instruct him to either confirm it, or lie and deny until they're ready to make it public. You can't be the biggest public voice for Carnival without being told much of the inner workings.

I disagree. I think he's a company man who has to toe the line. If they decide to make a change they know will probably tick off a lot of customers, they know he's (probably) the biggest liaison they have between corporate and the pubic. They know he's going to have to address rumors at some point, so I think they instruct him to either confirm it, or lie and deny until they're ready to make it public. You can't be the biggest public voice for Carnival without being told much of the inner workings.

I like to give him the benefit of the doubt and think he wouldn’t straight up lie to our faces. It’s Carnival Corporate I just don’t trust. There’s something to be said about plausible deniability.

At any rate, I think it’s suspicious that if it isn’t true that they haven’t added the one little sentence back in. That one action could solve it all right there. Since they haven’t, then I am led to believe that if it’s not in effect right now that it will be very soon. Someone had to intentionally delete it out and it’s possible they just did it too soon. Time will tell.

Another Facebook group seem to be causing a bit of a kerfuffle. Someone there has said that we have stopped Diamond and Platinum guests having immediate access to the cabins when they board and that this benefit is solely for Faster to the Fun guests.

Please ignore this silly rumour.

There have been no changes and guests who have a diamond or platinum card will still be able to do this.

So please ignore any rumours you may have read elsewhere.

Cheers

I saw this on John Heald's page

Another Facebook group seem to be causing a bit of a kerfuffle. Someone there has said that we have stopped Diamond and Platinum guests having immediate access to the cabins when they board and that this benefit is solely for Faster to the Fun guests.

Please ignore this silly rumour.

There have been no changes and guests who have a diamond or platinum card will still be able to do this.

So please ignore any rumours you may have read elsewhere.

Cheers

I saw this on John Heald's page

This was a day or two ago. The website still says differently. I said it before and I’ll say it again. JH doesn’t always give accurate info.

At any rate, I think it’s suspicious that if it isn’t true that they haven’t added the one little sentence back in. That one action could solve it all right there. Since they haven’t, then I am led to believe that if it’s not in effect right now that it will be very soon. Someone had to intentionally delete it out and it’s possible they just did it too soon. Time will tell.
I fully agree with you there. Deleting that one specific sentence might have been a small move, but a very calculated one. It's quite significant.