Anyone have issues prepaying services charges on NCL prior to boarding

Lissie555

I have the same problem, the tips are prepaid but are still available to buy. I checked with the cruise consultant and he said that if you check the total of the cost you should see that the total price includes the tips so don't worry.

So is it possible to prepay the gratuities on line or do you have to call NCL to do it? I'm leaving in three weeks and decided to go ahead and prepay but can't find where to do that on my reservation.

I usually call and do it with a cruise consultant, but this time I did it online. If you log in, go to "view my reservation" - then click on "vacation summary." Scroll down to the bottom area of the page, and you will see a plus sign with the words "pre-pay service charge" on it. Click on it, and put it into your "cart." Then click on your cart, and it will bring you to a page where you can add your credit card, etc.

As far as the payment not showing - yesterday I pre-paid my grats to beat the 4/1 deadline for increases for my August cruise. I just checked to see if my payment was there. I went back to the vacation summary area, and when I clicked on "prepay service charge" a box came up that said "listed is the total amount that has been paid for pre-paid service charges for my vacation" and it had the correct amount that I payed listed. Hope this helps, and is not too confusing.

I usually call and do it with a cruise consultant, but this time I did it online. If you log in, go to "view my reservation" - then click on "vacation summary." Scroll down to the bottom area of the page, and you will see a plus sign with the words "pre-pay service charge" on it. Click on it, and put it into your "cart." Then click on your cart, and it will bring you to a page where you can add your credit card, etc.

As far as the payment not showing - yesterday I pre-paid my grats to beat the 4/1 deadline for increases for my August cruise. I just checked to see if my payment was there. I went back to the vacation summary area, and when I clicked on "prepay service charge" a box came up that said "listed is the total amount that has been paid for pre-paid service charges for my vacation" and it had the correct amount that I payed listed. Hope this helps, and is not too confusing.

Just to clarify..... if you read the DSC increase notice:

You may pre-pay anytime prior to your cruise as long as the BOOKING was pre April 1 2018.....So if you booked before April 1 2018 and not cruising until May of 2019 then you have until May of 2019 to pre-pay DSC..... if you choose to not pre-pay and pay onboard...... That's when you pay the increased DSC regardless of when you booked.

I prepaid gratuities for our May 11 cruise and I got a confirmation that I paid. The next day, I got a statement from NCL, showing the charge on my account, but that it had not been paid. I called the credit card that I used, and the charge was not on there. So I went back to NCL's website to try to do it again. It wouldn't let me do it because it said, the charge 'had already been paid'.

I then called NCL, and as usual was on hold for 35 minutes. The agent said that they did not see that I had paid for the gratuities. So I did it with him on the phone. Now I must call my credit card to make sure that I didn't get charged twice.

Thank you so much!! Just found it and prepaid.

I tried to do this but it wouldn't let me. Says unavailable

I prepaid gratuities for our May 11 cruise and I got a confirmation that I paid. The next day, I got a statement from NCL, showing the charge on my account, but that it had not been paid. I called the credit card that I used, and the charge was not on there. So I went back to NCL's website to try to do it again. It wouldn't let me do it because it said, the charge 'had already been paid'.

I then called NCL, and as usual was on hold for 35 minutes. The agent said that they did not see that I had paid for the gratuities. So I did it with him on the phone. Now I must call my credit card to make sure that I didn't get charged twice.

This very same thing happened to me this week. My credit card company did not show the charge. I called my PCC and she took my number and gave me a new Summary sheet showing that it was now paid. From now on, I will just call my PCC. NCl's web site is too wonky.

Double check your cc to make sure payment goes through. I pre-paid our DSC for our Feb cruise and even screen captured the Payment Confirmation screen (which I printed out and brought with us). However, it it turns out that it never actually charged us and it was confusing when we were seeing it as a daily charge while on our cruise.

I also had problems with the payment side of this when I did online. I prepaid service charges and purchased OBC at same time to take advantage of AmEx Offer. Only prepay was added to reservation, but showing non payment with reservation subject to cancellation because we were after final payment. I called our PCC who confirmed no payment and no OBC. He cancelled and we started fresh over phone. He said this happens a lot. Advice, do over phone if you don’t see charge posted immediately to your card!

Sent from my iPad using Forums