Luggage Direct

Sacom

50 minutes ago, ChinaShrek said:

I have elite status with Delta and am entitled to one free bag per person on the reservation.  Will HAL still charge me the airline baggage fee?

They shouldn't charge, but I have been charged before when we had free bags.  Quick phone call sorted it out.

We are on the Nieuw Statendam in March and I am trying to figure out if I can use Luggage Direct when we disembark.  The caveat is our flight doesn't leave until 9PM and I think I've read that they have a 6:30 cutoff.  Can anyone confirm the cutoff time?

I will probably call our PCC when time is a bit nearer.   We are probably going to hole up in a hotel day room on that day and just take it easy.  We've always use luggage direct on past cruises so this will be a new experience for  us 

We used the free Port Valet on Eurodam in Seattle.  Our flight was at 11:08am, IT WAS WONDERFUL!  The baggage charge (based on airline fee)  is per bag, not per person.  The $50.00 for our 2 bags was charged to our onboard account.  And another plus, if bags are over 50 lbs., don't have to pay a fee for that!  (We were in a Verandah cabin)

We will use Luggage Direct on Zuiderdam in FLL.  It's worth the extra fee to us.  LD is an additional $25.00 per person to use the program, but a HAL rep said we could put both bags under one persons name. So ours will be both names on the form for flights, 2 bags listed for DH, LD fee = $25.00 + 2 bags (25 + 35) Total $85.00

Other way its $100.00. (Now, this is what I was told, maybe someone else here can confirm or deny, based on actual experience.)

https://www.maketraveleasier.com/holland/services

On ‎11‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 9:26 AM, ChinaShrek said:

I have elite status with Delta and am entitled to one free bag per person on the reservation.  Will HAL still charge me the airline baggage fee?

On the Port Valet form in Seattle this past August, there was a line one could check if you are not to be charged the airline baggage fee. First class was one reason for no charge and I think airline status was also listed. Read the form carefully and ask Guest Relations staff  to make sure.

On 3/26/2018 at 9:58 PM, Cruising-along said:

I love Luggage Direct and use it whenever possible.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I'm quoting myself here, because since I wrote this in March we've used Luggage Direct again (late August).  We're still fairly happy with the service except for one thing.  This time they didn't deliver our luggage to our house until 11 pm the day we returned home.  First it was going to be 8 pm which wasn't too bad, but it got later and later...and needless to say we were tired and jet-lagged.  

We plan to use them again, but I think if it looks like a late evening delivery we'll ask for a next-day delivery if possible instead of that night!

1 hour ago, Cruising-along said:

I'm quoting myself here, because since I wrote this in March we've used Luggage Direct again (late August).  We're still fairly happy with the service except for one thing.  This time they didn't deliver our luggage to our house until 11 pm the day we returned home.  First it was going to be 8 pm which wasn't too bad, but it got later and later...and needless to say we were tired and jet-lagged.  

We plan to use them again, but I think if it looks like a late evening delivery we'll ask for a next-day delivery if possible instead of that night!

Luggage Direct is direct to baggage claim at your destination airport, do you think yours was Luggage Forward, where it's delivered to your home?  That option sounds great!

21 minutes ago, CM1984 said:

Luggage Direct is direct to baggage claim at your destination airport, do you think yours was Luggage Forward, where it's delivered to your home?  That option sounds great!

It was definitely Luggage Direct, we used the VIP option to have the bags delivered to our home.  They say if your home is less than 40 miles it will take up to 4 hours.  We're slightly more than 40 miles from SeaTac so it should have been within 6 hours and it was closer to 10 hours. 

That said, this was the first not so great experience we've had with Luggage Direct, and we've used them many times.

Edited by Cruising-along

If you book it aboard the ship, the cost appears on your account, and therefore will count toward your 'bonus' days.
I don't know if that will happen if you book in advance. I think it should just as other purchases made in advance do, but HAL doesn't make policy based on what I think. ;)

• Haha 1

• 4 months later...

I don't believe it works out of all ports.  I know it works in Seattle and Ft Lauderdale.  It also doesn't work for all airlines and for only flights between certain hours.  If you google luggage direct I believe you can find information or wait till someone who has disembarked in Boston to confirm your question.