Carnival Horizon Internet

I’m booked on the Horizon TA and have access to theirInternet options through my booking. I've pasted the info here for you but I don’t know if thisis the same or different than on other Carnival ships. There are 3 internet options:

• Social - $4/day
    • Access the most popular social websites andapplications. Includes Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, Linkedin,Facebook Messenger, Whatsapp, SnapChat and the most popular airline sites. Doesnot include access to most other websites or apps.

[*]Value - $10.25/day

• Surf all your favorite sites, including e-mail,news, sports, weather, banking and finance. Note: Does not support Skypecalling or music/video streaming (such as Spotify or Netflix).

[*]Premium 0 $14.88/day

• From e-mail to Skype, our Premium plan promisesthe fastest possible connection, at speeds up to 3 times faster than our ValuePlan. Supports Skype video calling, where coverage allows.

[*]Restrictions – apply to all 3 internet plans:

•Only one device at a time canconnect to wi-fi.

•Not all ships have internetavailable for purchase prior to sailing. All internet plans can be purchasedonce onboard.

•Satellite internet speed mayvary depending on location and time of day

•Video streaming sites such asHulu and Netflix are blocked

•Access to certain sites such asmature or violent content is blocked

•Cellular-network-dependent WiFiCalling and Facetime services are also not supported

•VPN connections are not supported- discuss your VPN limitations with your company’s IT department if you areplanning to work while sailing. We are not able to change your settingsonboard.

•No refunds after plan isactivated on board

•Pricing for plans purchasedpre-cruise vary from plans purchased at time of sailing

I hope this is helpful!

Could anyone confirm or deny that you can stream youtube, hulu, netflix, etc. using the wifi on the carnival horizon with the new internet setup? Thanks!

While it may be fast enough for one person, I don't see it supporting thousands of users streaming at the same time. I think I would download first.

People have stated that the new Internet service on the Horizon is by far The Best it’s ever been.

Full service ship wide and in all cabins....over 10 times as fast compared to before

People have stated that the new Internet service on the Horizon is by far The Best it’s ever been.

Full service ship wide and in all cabins....over 10 times as fast compared to before

If that holds as cruises reach the Caribbean ports, that will be awesome!!!!

In reading the restrictions that apply to all 3 plans, I don’t see how this WIFI is an upgrade. They’ve blocked all steaming sites and you can’t even use WiFi calling? Come on Carnival get with it!

Guess you have to cough up the bucks @ $15 per day to stream or Skype.

But seriously, you're on a cruise/ vacation, traveling in the ocean, going to other countries or islands, why would you want to be streaming anything. And do you really "need" to Skype or text, or email every mundane thing that happens? Maybe a good week off the grid will do wonders for your mental health.

But seriously, you're on a cruise/ vacation, traveling in the ocean, going to other countries or islands, why would you want to be streaming anything. And do you really "need" to Skype or text, or email every mundane thing that happens? Maybe a good week off the grid will do wonders for your mental health.

Thanks for the advice but if you read the restrictions posted above it says they apply to all plans. They have blocked Netflix’s and other streaming sites and do not support WiFi calling. I don’t consider this upgraded WiFi.

In reading the restrictions that apply to all 3 plans, I don’t see how this WIFI is an upgrade. They’ve blocked all steaming sites and you can’t even use WiFi calling? Come on Carnival get with it!

Thanks for the advice but if you read the restrictions posted above it says they apply to all plans. They have blocked Netflix’s and other streaming sites and do not support WiFi calling. I don’t consider this upgraded WiFi.

This is the same information provided for the current wifi on all ships (not unique to the Horizon). You should notice, though, that it does not support cellular-dependent wifi calling. I can tell you that we used wifi calling last October on the Dream with the value plan.

This is the same information provided for the current wifi on all ships (not unique to the Horizon). You should notice, though, that it does not support cellular-dependent wifi calling. I can tell you that we used wifi calling last October on the Dream with the value plan.

Ok thank you. I thought this was Horizon specific information for their supposedly upgraded WiFi that Carnival says they will be rolling out to the entire fleet. My bad. Sorry.

That's my attitude :) TMobile offers free texting (and some other perks) in a lot of foreign countries, so I need to check if that's the case in any of the ports we are going (Turks, PR, DR) So anything from the outside world I'll need to know about I will find out on port days.

I’m booked on the Horizon TA and have access to theirInternet options through my booking. I've pasted the info here for you but I don’t know if thisis the same or different than on other Carnival ships. There are 3 internet options:

• Social - $4/day
    • Access the most popular social websites andapplications. Includes Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, Linkedin,Facebook Messenger, Whatsapp, SnapChat and the most popular airline sites. Doesnot include access to most other websites or apps.

[*]Value - $10.25/day

• Surf all your favorite sites, including e-mail,news, sports, weather, banking and finance. Note: Does not support Skypecalling or music/video streaming (such as Spotify or Netflix).

[*]Premium 0 $14.88/day

• From e-mail to Skype, our Premium plan promisesthe fastest possible connection, at speeds up to 3 times faster than our ValuePlan. Supports Skype video calling, where coverage allows.

[*]Restrictions – apply to all 3 internet plans:

•Only one device at a time canconnect to wi-fi.

•Not all ships have internetavailable for purchase prior to sailing. All internet plans can be purchasedonce onboard.

•Satellite internet speed mayvary depending on location and time of day

•Video streaming sites such asHulu and Netflix are blocked

•Access to certain sites such asmature or violent content is blocked

•Cellular-network-dependent WiFiCalling and Facetime services are also not supported

•VPN connections are not supported- discuss your VPN limitations with your company’s IT department if you areplanning to work while sailing. We are not able to change your settingsonboard.

•No refunds after plan isactivated on board

•Pricing for plans purchasedpre-cruise vary from plans purchased at time of sailing

I hope this is helpful!

Thanks, it does help. I just hope they change the policy for the Horizon and other ships in the future.

• 11 months later...
On 4/5/2018 at 1:36 PM, crewsweeper said:

I understand this statement and I agree, however think of business owners. Yes we have people in place to handle everything while we are away, but they still need to be able to get in touch with us incase of any emergencies.

Currently on the Horizon, on our balcony posting this. I tried Hulu last tonight to steam the final 4 game it would not connect. YouTube works great. Have not tried Netflix. I was able to video FaceTime last night at 8 pm while walking around deck 10 and 11. Very impressed with the speed of the internet. Have the top plan and would/will purchase next tome. Was on the Ecstacy 3 weeks ago and no compassion in speed to how slow the older ships internet was. 

18 minutes ago, Gettys84 said:

Currently on the Horizon, on our balcony posting this. I tried Hulu last tonight to steam the final 4 game it would not connect. YouTube works great. Have not tried Netflix. I was able to video FaceTime last night at 8 pm while walking around deck 10 and 11. Very impressed with the speed of the internet. Have the top plan and would/will purchase next tome. Was on the Ecstacy 3 weeks ago and no compassion in speed to how slow the older ships internet was. 

Thanks for the info. Will be on Horizon in just under a year and looking forward to better wifi speeds after the terrible experience on Glory last year. Carnival's FAQ's say that the Vista & Horizon are Netflix enabled using the Premium plan, so that shouldn't be a problem. Another user here was on the Vista not long ago and also was able to use YouTube just about everywhere.

In every thread about using the internet, there's always at least one person who posts the same old tired comment about being on a cruise vacation, why is anyone using the internet. The same can be said for other things, not just internet. The answer is, because everyone cruises differently. Whether it's for business or personal, if someone wants to use the internet, it's their prerogative. Out of all the things on a cruise that some people do while others don't, for some reason, using the internet always seems to attract the most negative attention on here.

• Like 1