Caught Up in the Rhythm of It - Symphony Live 4/7/18

For SteveKC!

Thanks Rick.

Did you brave the cold and get on the wave at all this week and

did you ever get to CP150?

Hey Steve,

Not that it was cold, just that there was not enough time to do it all. I’m going to be all about it in September. Did you know I’m joining you?

I did enjoy 150 CP.

100fdb87a1b8bc9ef27c30108187cb31.jpg

9705942c1fec84d522e82a845728a496.jpg

Truffle bread...new to menu! Delicious!!!

da37ba9ae1d82e36d637ae3a504e6749.jpg

Cucumber Martini is alive and well! Still my favorite cocktail.

70dbdc2278e6ac082100a27a450aee7a.jpg

Sunchoke Veloute

2afb1e84f12f7bd1a2a3e98969265a54.jpg

Pork Belly

f8eb3546355982a987df85dfbd38d6cd.jpg

Question - did the ship have Quest and Love & Marriage game shows? Just curious, as my one time on Oasis in the Med, they did not. Since you didn’t post about them (that I remember), wondered if they didn’t have them too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nope. Definitely the let down of the week. I get it, when English is not the first language for half the passenger base, it loses some of its fun.

This might be a better question for Chase (if he's still reading and not chasing kids) but how much advanced planning goes into his videos? I'd guess that he has a lot of pre-planned shots in minds or even scripted. Videos don't get that good with a spray and pray approach.

Well deserved bottle of Champagne!

Yeah, Chase can answer. Most of this video took place when I wasn’t around, so I have no insight into the thought process for this one.

Hey CLR, great pics as usual!! I don't want to quote any of them to make others mad :'):'):') but I did have a question about your food pics in Hooked, what setting are you using? Portrait or fish eye maybe? I love it but can't quite figure it out. Thank you for brining us along on this great trip!!

Neither, I just shot wide, but did not use a fisheye.

Nope. Definitely the let down of the week. I get it, when English is not the first language for half the passenger base, it loses some of its fun.

Royal Caribbean told me that it would be there in July.

Speaking of Activities, how were the 2 CD's and the Symphony crew in general? I'd heard that Captain Rob is great but there is no longer any noon announcements.

Edited by Joe12

Royal Caribbean told me that it would be there in July.

Speaking of Activities, how were the 2 CD's and the Symphony crew in general? I'd heard that Captain Rob is great but there is no longer any noon announcements.

Got it. Well I look forward to my Caribbean sailings then.

Bobby was nonexistent and Michele was better, but obviously onboard to appeal to the large Spanish passenger base. So I cannot say I connected with either one.

Love Captain Rob, but yes, announcements are no longer.

270509caa214f5401ac4713d652a8a35.jpg

“Oh, you’re the ship model guy!” [emoji12]

Got it. Well I look forward to my Caribbean sailings then.

Bobby was nonexistent and Michele was better, but obviously onboard to appeal to the large Spanish passenger base. So I cannot say I connected with either one.

Love Captain Rob, but yes, announcements are no longer.

“Oh, you’re the ship model guy!” [emoji12]

I'm bummed about the announcements, but I am looking forward to meeting Captain Rob in July. Bobby won't be there, although Michele will be. Bing Bong will be CD for your first 2 Caribbean cruises on SY, so make sure to get to his L&M.

I think the absence of L&M, Quest and the 80's night were all teething problems due to it being an inaugural cruise.

Safe travels home Rick.

A couple quick questions. How was disembarkation in Barcelona, since it was EU I know it was a straight walk off? Did you carry your luggage off, or did it go out the night before? What mode of transportation did you take to the airport, and how far was it. Last, are you airborne yet?

Give that cute dog and ear scratch when you get home, and thank-you for bringing us along. Great review as always and the scopes made it that much better. I can’t wait to board her March.

Noooo, I don’t want this to end 😢

We currently are in the middle of our fourth winter for the year and a spring blizzard is happening outside my windows. Your pictures have taken me away to a much happier place.

Thank you for the escape from reality for the last week and safe travels home.