S-class vs M-class Ocean View Cafe

margsipie

I know the layout is different (and less desirable) on the M-class ships, but is there a difference in food quality or the number of options on the M-class ships in the ocean view cafe? We have been relatively impressed with the ocean view cafe on the Solstice and Silhouette. We are heading on the Connie soon and just curious about what we are in for.

I know the layout is different (and less desirable) on the M-class ships, but is there a difference in food quality or the number of options on the M-class ships in the ocean view cafe? We have been relatively impressed with the ocean view cafe on the Solstice and Silhouette. We are heading on the Connie soon and just curious about what we are in for.

I think that the choices are fairly similar in food variety, however the layout is different. On M-class it's not in the island layout of S-class. It's more linear. Also you need to walk all the way around since at the very back there is options for sandwiches, paninis etc., at lunch and waffles, pancakes in the morning. There's also a stir fry station on one side towards the rear as well as a pasta station on the other side. Both layouts are okay, just a longer walk to see everything on M-class.

We spend 5 weeks on the Connie and found the food in the OV to be very similar to that on the S-class ships. The difference as mentioned is the layout which doesn't allow for the easy flow of guest and until you get used to where things are you can spend time searching. Not our favorite buffet but we love the Connie. We had a wonderful crew.

I agree that S-Class has a better layout of the OV Cafe, and I think it has more varied options, especially international foods, but M-Class Cafe is strong. It has an Eggs Benedict section with a number of types. Love it.

Either Class has strong points that we like. Looking forward to trying the E-Class Edge next year.

Den

It is my opinion that the S class buffet is considerably superior to the M class. There are definitely more options to choose from. For example, take the sandwich station. On S class there is a large sandwich station with many bread choices and many lunch meat choices, plus salads like tuna and egg. On our last cruise on Infinity, the station at the back that used to be as good as the S class now has one side taken over by other things (pasta? I don't recall). There were a choice of 2 or 3 mystery meats which did not look at all appealing, a couple cheeses, and the tuna and egg salads. There were only a choice of two or three types of bread. Very disappointing as that is our usual lunch. We found the choices completely unappealing. Overall is the M class buffet satisfactory - for some things yes. But in total, I vastly prefer S class. (which is a shame since I otherwise prefer M class overall)

Funny how different opinions are on so many topics! Weve sailed M class several times on not sold out sailings. We had no complaints about the OVC.

Then, last December, we sailed on an S class for the first time, and it was a sold out sailing. One if the BIG standouts was how well the OVC accommodated the crowds. If one went to the OVC after the first 15 minutes, there was no waiting for food (except, understandably, made to order omelets).

I've read that the 'edgefication' includes redoing the OVC ON THE M class ships to mimic the layout on the S class ships. We hope that's accurate because we're booked for Japan next year on the Millineum, shortly after it leaves drydock.