Live from the Prinsendam - 28 day Azores and Celtic Explorer - May 5th, 2018

kazu

This is the whiskey I discovered. I took a pic so I wouldn't forget.

6143515404c7dbf54dcd2401c8080183.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Just wanted to let you know, I looked up this whisky on the LCBO website, it's 78.70 a bottle. I might get my husband a bottle for his birthday, if he's a really good boy!:) Thanks for the recommendation.

Just wanted to let you know, I looked up this whisky on the LCBO website, it's 78.70 a bottle. I might get my husband a bottle for his birthday, if he's a really good boy!:) Thanks for the recommendation.

Believe it or not, I think that price is cheaper than in Ireland. It was over 100 pounds at the one place I looked at.

It's definitely very smooth. I gave DH a small sip (he likes the stuff - I don't drink it often) and he concurred.

I hope your DH is a good boy, gets it and enjoys.

We are in Antwerp and Antwerp has free wifi. So, while I get our museum tickets for Amsterdam, I am sneaking a peak.

There are 1,000's of sheep in Ireland. Just a quick snap.

they stay out 365 days a year, 24/7 and graze everywhere.

they are all painted with different colours so everyone knows whose is whose.

When one person gathers the flock he just lets the ones go that don't belong to them.

the Cliffs we were at in Killybegs were originally just for grazing sheep.

6e466d7054d1e90e26d704a66a1e4f10.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Believe it or not, I think that price is cheaper than in Ireland. It was over 100 pounds at the one place I looked at.

It's definitely very smooth. I gave DH a small sip (he likes the stuff - I don't drink it often) and he concurred.

Was curious so checked the Washington State availability. Total Wine has it for $45.99 plus Washington State liquor tax (750 ml).

Farewell to lovely Killybegs.

Home of a lot of bog (as in peat moss). Moya said that the bogs were living museums as they reserve things forever.

I’m enjoying your posts and photos of your trip, kazu. Re: the bogs.... I completely “ geeked out” when spouse and I visited the National Museum of Ireland, in Dublin, several years ago and stumbled upon their bog bodies exhibit. It was so fascinating!

Was curious so checked the Washington State availability. Total Wine has it for $45.99 plus Washington State liquor tax (750 ml).

Wow :eek: A bargain.

I’m enjoying your posts and photos of your trip, kazu. Re: the bogs.... I completely “ geeked out” when spouse and I visited the National Museum of Ireland, in Dublin, several years ago and stumbled upon their bog bodies exhibit. It was so fascinating!

Moya said that the bogs were literally living museums and that anything can be preserved in them. (Including bodies that have been found).

She said that in the "olden days" they used to preserve butter in the bogs since they had no refrigeration and butter is still being found to this day.