Live from the Prinsendam - 28 day Azores and Celtic Explorer - May 5th, 2018

kazu

The architecture of the abbeys in your pics look a lot like the Cistercian abbeys we’ve seen in Ireland, built during the Medieval age. They’re just beautiful!

Thank you for all your pics and posts, kazu. I’ve enjoyed them very much.

Thanks, Jacqui, for all you did in organizing the Meet and Greet, tours, Cabin Crawl and all the fun activities. It was a wonderful cruise! ee819f7851a6667f8cb6e45ca563aea2.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FINALLY I’M BACK AND WAS ABLE TO READ THROUGH ALL OF YOUR WONDERFUL TRAVELS AND JUST LOVE THIS PIC OF YOU AND JOSE!

Jacqui my little grand puppy was very sick and I thought I was going to loose her! She pulled through and I am soooo

grateful!!! I started off enjoying your blog but had to bow out for awhile! Today we celebrate at home and I am finally relaxed and got caught up on you Jacqui!!!! We even booked our cruise from San Diego to FLL and doing a TA to the Med!

We are going to do this cruise what wonderful pics that you inspired us!!!

Thank you Jacqui!!!

To all that reads this I’m sorry that I took away from this wonderful blog of Jacqui’s but I also feel this is like my cruise family and I wanted all people like Jacqui to know!!!

Denise:)

Don't even try to get a photo in the red light district - they get VERY testy when you do!

I loved the pics of the baby lambs, but the kitten in the boot just took my heart away.

Smooth Sailing! :) :) :)

Tell you DH to look but don’t touch! Lol!

LOL - he's been told that on more than one occasion :')

Don't even try to get a photo in the red light district - they get VERY testy when you do!

I loved the pics of the baby lambs, but the kitten in the boot just took my heart away.

Smooth Sailing! :) :) :)

Didn't take any pics. There were plenty of signs saying no pics permitted. Saw some closed curtains and some ladies on display.

I was on our balcony when I spotted Captain Dag as we were pulling into Antwerp. Here he is, waving to me. 2483aafce6077ec6ce1fc52fd63d3926.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great pic Bobbie. Thanks for sharing it :)

FINALLY I’M BACK AND WAS ABLE TO READ THROUGH ALL OF YOUR WONDERFUL TRAVELS AND JUST LOVE THIS PIC OF YOU AND JOSE!

Jacqui my little grand puppy was very sick and I thought I was going to loose her! She pulled through and I am soooo

grateful!!! I started off enjoying your blog but had to bow out for awhile! Today we celebrate at home and I am finally relaxed and got caught up on you Jacqui!!!! We even booked our cruise from San Diego to FLL and doing a TA to the Med!

We are going to do this cruise what wonderful pics that you inspired us!!!

Thank you Jacqui!!!

To all that reads this I’m sorry that I took away from this wonderful blog of Jacqui’s but I also feel this is like my cruise family and I wanted all people like Jacqui to know!!!

Denise:)

Glad to hear that your pup pulled through and will be ok Denise.

Of course we had to stop to savour the flavour.

We tried this cheese plate which was really nice.

Enough to feed an army.

b5d7f5e0db86bdf32c03e614ec406495.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I had this very typical Irish sandwich with cheese, a type of ham and onion with a type of relish.

It was quite good.

c314824d68bc8f7f64725a4c56fbe459.jpg

We asked to be dropped off at Waterford rather than return straight to the port. I wanted to get a gift for my friend's birthday & DH wanted Waterford glasses (should be fun getting this home unbroken).

Waterford was actually founded by the Vikings centuries ago. It's the oldest city/town in Ireland.

I have a hard time remembering what is a town and what is a city.

Our guide had said if there is a pub with any # of houses, it is automatically a village. And if there is a church and a pub, no matter how many people live there, it is a town.

I'm not sure what the classification is if there is more than one pub, LOL.

3240898c18f8abbeb97ab0ef3bd7b76c.jpg

Before we leave Ireland, just a note on this picture.

English nobles bought up all the land for farming and sent the food to Britain to sell. The Irish worked for the British lords and were dependent on them for employment and housing.

They rented a small piece of land and a small home for their large families from the British lord and lived on potatoes, butter and bread.

When the potato famine struck, they sold what they could to survive. They were eating grass to live. Over 1,000,000 people died and 5,000,000 immigrated to the New World. Many didn't make it as the boats were not sea worthy enough.

With little food, many became sick and couldn't work. Couldn't work for the British meant they couldn't pay their rent.

The British landlord would evict them by setting fire to their roof and destroying everything in their home. This picture is the remains of one of those homes where the occupants were evicted.

331bb135a026bc28aead70efe4a6094b.jpg

Before we leave Ireland, just a note on this picture.

English nobles bought up all the land for farming and sent the food to Britain to sell. The Irish worked for the British lords and were dependent on them for employment and housing.

They rented a small piece of land and a small home for their large families from the British lord and lived on potatoes, butter and bread.

When the potato famine struck, they sold what they could to survive. They were eating grass to live. Over 1,000,000 people died and 5,000,000 immigrated to the New World. Many didn't make it as the boats were not sea worthy enough.

With little food, many became sick and couldn't work. Couldn't work for the British meant they couldn't pay their rent.

The British landlord would evict them by setting fire to their roof and destroying everything in their home. This picture is the remains of one of those homes where the occupants were evicted.

331bb135a026bc28aead70efe4a6094b.jpg

If you look closely at the picture you will see that the windows were closed in. This is because the tax you paid back then was based on the # of windows you had, so most windows were sealed to keep the taxes down.