Live from the Prinsendam - 28 day Azores and Celtic Explorer - May 5th, 2018

kazu

I have a hard time remembering what is a town and what is a city.

You're not alone. We have trouble now too. In the past it was simple.

A village had a church, a hamlet didn't.

A town had a market.

A city had a cathedral.

Nowadays it is decided by political committees under their own rules, and places with cathedrals may only be towns. They are granted city status for political expediency or under a whim and we no longer know what is what, except for people like Richard Osmond or Trivial Persuit players.

Good morning Jacqui!

Its around 5:30 am here in San Diego and just finished reading and enjoying the lovely pictures. This is what I enjoy with my coffee ️!

First HAPPY BIRTHDAY 🎂🎊🎈 AND CONGRATS ON RECEIVING YOUR SILVER MEDALLIONS TOO!

The food OMG the portions are huge and everything was making me hungry 🙄

THANKYOU for taking the time to present your special

Trip in such a fantastic way! Both you and Roy with his WC and Kathi doing her WC are the best!

Denise:)

Good morning Jacqui!

Its around 5:30 am here in San Diego and just finished reading and enjoying the lovely pictures. This is what I enjoy with my coffee ️!

First HAPPY BIRTHDAY 🎂🎊🎈 AND CONGRATS ON RECEIVING YOUR SILVER MEDALLIONS TOO!

The food OMG the portions are huge and everything was making me hungry 🙄

THANKYOU for taking the time to present your special

Trip in such a fantastic way! Both you and Roy with his WC and Kathi doing her WC are the best!

Thanks Denise. :D

You'll have a few more days with coffee. I'm still working on Bruges and it will soon be time to go to board our plane so not sure if I will get much added or not.

I asked DH to go get some cheese as I forgot to buy it OMG, he came back with a bag that weighs a ton. I'm going to have to do my Customs calculations.

Flying KLM for the first time. We weren't off to a good start (that story will come later) but now it's all as smooth as silk.

Sitting in the KLM lounge with gigianne who is always great company.

Thanks Denise. :D

You'll have a few more days with coffee. I'm still working on Bruges and it will soon be time to go to board our plane so not sure if I will get much added or not.

I asked DH to go get some cheese as I forgot to buy it OMG, he came back with a bag that weighs a ton. I'm going to have to do my Customs calculations.

Flying KLM for the first time. We weren't off to a good start (that story will come later) but now it's all as smooth as silk.

Sitting in the KLM lounge with gigianne who is always great company.

In KLM business or first class - you will get a Delft mini-building to take home, With choice of roof design. :D

In KLM business or first class - you will get a Delft mini-building to take home, With choice of roof design. :D

Got them :). Different styles - a number of them.

Very cute. Nice flight. Followed the maddening crowd to get through Customs, customs again because I had cheese and then security again for our connecting flight.

KLM flight was really good. They might not be pod seats but they went flat enough and were very comfortable. I prefer to sit side by side rather than one behind the other so it worked for me.

Good food - definitely above standard airplane fare and they had white asparagus :). Kazu was a happy camper :)

And the cabin stewards were wonderful!

Stuck in Toronto with a delayed flight to get home, so I'll see if I can't get a little bit more uploaded. I just hope our puddle hopper gets here and we can get home tonight.

Our little group had agreed to meet at a spot after we were done our independent touring and of course, some had to order a beer.

41240bdfabdff03d674da98461cbc6d2.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The beer was HUGE. Seriously huge. To put it in perspective here it is being hoisted by my friend. She said it was heavy as you know what, too. LOL.

9fec6aac0261974fda4553e3da658be1.jpg

Got them :). Different styles - a number of them.

Very cute. Nice flight. Followed the maddening crowd to get through Customs, customs again because I had cheese and then security again for our connecting flight.

KLM flight was really good. They might not be pod seats but they went flat enough and were very comfortable. I prefer to sit side by side rather than one behind the other so it worked for me.

Good food - definitely above standard airplane fare and they had white asparagus :). Kazu was a happy camper :)

And the cabin stewards were wonderful!

Stuck in Toronto with a delayed flight to get home, so I'll see if I can't get a little bit more uploaded. I just hope our puddle hopper gets here and we can get home tonight.

Besides the stress just alittle with customs it was well worth it for the great cheese Jose got!!LOL. I pray you are not delayed too long and you finally get home tonight!

Love first/business on long haul flights. Glad you enjoyed KLM and especially white asparagus!! One of my favs!

Get some well deserved rest and thank you so much for a great ride on your fantastic journey.

We got home at 3 AM yesterday so I spent the day trying to get unpacking done - ok, at least it's started and recuperating.

Now, let's head back to glorious Bruges.

After having a drink at our meeting place..

d9bc46d340883109d2184036bf70f693.jpg

We headed to the restaurant where Jose and I had lunch for a birthday dinner and some fun.

I made sure to grab my chocolates before the store closed.

aceabab11ed9c8cf731f570966842698.jpg

And, at 7 pm, our driver was there to take us back to our port.

Zeebrugges has to be done by shuttle due to the traffic there. our shuttle driver showed us the new terminal that will be open next week.

So for those coming after next week, there should be a nice new terminal waiting for you at this port.

Once on board, I went to advise our dining room stewards that we wouldn't be eating. We were full from Bruges.

They said they had a cake for me and offered to send it to the room.

We met in the Crow's nest for a bit of birthday celebration.

a5a77c38a784571c8782dc2277e72d44.jpg

My birthday cake magically made it's way to the Crow's Nest with silverware, plates, etc. Thanks to Dedi our MDR manager:

277dc0d91a22ec77981a3a5a90a302e9.jpg