Rccl CEO says prices will increase

From the 10-Q report:

an increase of $28.5 million in ticket prices primarily driven by higher pricing on our Europe and Asia/Pacific sailings and the improvement in our ticket price on a per passenger basis due to the addition of Symphony of the Seas;

Prices are almost always cheaper when you book early. This has zero to do with the CEOs comment. Also supply and demand drives the prices after that. Again, zero to do with the CEO comment.

Actually, it appears that the profit line drive is the pricing. The cruising public will of course determine the value of these new prices. RCL has built mega ships. They were built via approval of the Board of Directors. If the price of the cruises resach a plateau that can't afford the cruises... they're in trouble. If this occurs, the bankers can/will re-structure the mega ship loans, but at a cost. Service will be the first cut. I only hope that RCL did their homework.

Prices will continue to rise as more and more lines go for all inclusive packages ie drinks, gratuities and WiFi. All passengers will pay for,this but for sure a lot will never get the full benefit so with 5000 passengers the cruise line will always come out on top.it also stops people from “ removing “the gratuities . Give yourself choices by comparing non-inclusive cruises to inclusive.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

My view is that the prices are determined by the market not by a CEO of a cruise line. Market forces include supply, demand, competitor pricing and offerings.

Very few businesses can set prices to whatever they want. The driver is always what the market will bear.

It is highly possible that prices in cruise industry will rise generally because of increase in operating costs but that will only happen if enough people are prepared to pay the asking price. Prevailing economic conditions will also be a factor.

This right here. CEOs propose, but the market disposes.

Prices continue to creep up with the cutting of free food and uping charges such as room service, johnny rockets, specialty restaurants that actually serve decent food, and now the price per person is going up to check out the Harmony of the Seas next summer prices in June and July an ocean balcony is now over $2000 per person when you add all the additional charges it comes way over $5000 for a couple for 7 days, the cruise industry is outpricing itself and will continue to lose money as people like me will continue alternative vacations.

RCCL had another record profit this past quarter and 2019 bookings are ahead and at higher prices than 2018.

Only time will tell whether or not the current business plan is sustainable. We continue to cruise but at this point, we are not nearly as enamored with it as we used to be. There are lots of wonderful vacation options out there!

You can do majesty for 5 nights out of tampa next month (9/17/18) for $259pp. Then an additional $50 off per room SAVE promo. (of course it is inside room, but that price is cheeeeeeeeap!)

Also the second oldest ship in the fleet [emoji6]

Cody

Prices continue to creep up with the cutting of free food and uping charges such as room service, johnny rockets, specialty restaurants that actually serve decent food, and now the price per person is going up to check out the Harmony of the Seas next summer prices in June and July an ocean balcony is now over $2000 per person when you add all the additional charges it comes way over $5000 for a couple for 7 days, the cruise industry is outpricing itself and will continue to lose money as people like me will continue alternative vacations.
Who's losing money? The ships are going out full and discounts are fewer than I ever remember. Profits increasing across the industry.

Probably little price relief until the next recession.

Sent from my LG-US998 using Forums mobile app

I have to say looking at the larger ships, I rarely see around the $100 per day. I did manage somehow to snag a Boardwalk Balcony on the Allure in October for $1400, however for the same cabin type in March of 2020 on the Harmony the price is closer to $2200. Though we had also looked at the NCL Escape for the same week and that was closer to $3200 for a balcony.

I keep hoping we may see a price drop for the 2020 cruise, but so far it has creeped up just a little bit. Figured in all we are just really paying a premium for the ship itself.

We booked Allure October 2018 last Christmas. Ocean View Balcony on the hump, $688 per person. Later we upgraded to a JS for about $500. I was rather shocked to see Oasis class ocean view balcony for less than $100/person/day.