Outdoor movie screen

Marlster

Indoor/outdoor. :)
On this forum the forward Lido pool is commonly called the indoor pool because it is surrounded by four walls, even though the roof is usually open. Same with the movie screen in my book. But I'll agree to your compromise. :D

Veendam has an 'outdoor movie screen and I was delighted on my most recent Veendam cruises (20 13 and 2 017) tf was neve r working. I hope that is still the case. I dislike t he whole idea of it.

Koningsdam has one..I believe it's the only one though(watch this turn into a Kdam hate thread in 3...2...1)

There were quite a few things I disliked about K'dam, but the movie screen was definitely not one of them. It was very pleasant to relax in a lounger to watch a movie, especially since the only place to sit to watch the TV in our room was the bed. I was also pleased to note that when they showed the nature film in the afternoon (around 3:00 IIRC), the sound was not excessively loud and easy to ignore for those who weren't interested in it. I detested the movie thing on Princess because it blared (starting with kiddie flicks at noon), making it impossible to ignore, or even hear oneself think.

Veendam has an 'outdoor movie screen and I was delighted on my most recent Veendam cruises (20 13 and 2 017) tf was neve r working. I hope that is still the case. I dislike t he whole idea of it.
You're lucky. On our Veendam cruise to Bermuda that thing was blaring loud music all the way from the Manhattan pier down past the Verrazano Bridge, when we left the area. I don't recall being bothered by it the rest of the cruise however.

I pity the people in the cabins on the decks below the Movie Screen.

We were on a HAL ship a number of years ago in Crown Bay. Across from us was the Emerald Princess. DH was taking a nap and I was sitting out on the verandah trying to figure out which cabin we had booked on that ship. Just as I located it about 3 or 4 decks down, I heard these loud voices and guns going off. Looked over and a movie was just starting. There is quite a distance in Crown Bay between the ships and I could hear everything clearly. I got DH up to listen to the noise and pointed out where our cabin was located on that ship. When we got home, we cancelled that cruise. Can't imagine have movies playing all day and night.

JMO -- I don't like that type of thing.

I pity the people in the cabins on the decks below the Movie Screen.
As I understand it, it's not the cabins down on deck 8 that are bothered by it but rather those that are just behind the speakers: 10048 to 10055.

As I understand it, it's not the cabins down on deck 8 that are bothered by it but rather those that are just behind the speakers: 10048 to 10055.

I would hate to be one of those people who want to enjoy a n afternoon sunning at that aft location and be able to have a quiet conversation . That location is the closest thing on Veendam to an 'outooor' pool.

Edited by sail7seas

hank you all for your comments. When I started thinking about it, it was Princess that had the outdoor screen with movies and I thoroughly enjoyed them, they served popcorn and hot chocolate.

Marlster

We did not think that we would like it either. Then we cruised on a Princess ship that unbeknownst to us had one. We enjoyed it very much.
We saw Wonder Woman on the big screen over the pool on a Carnival ship, and it was an absolute blast. The venue helped foster a convivial atmosphere, like we were just several hundred friends who got together at a friend's pool for a viewing party.

hank you all for your comments. When I started thinking about it, it was Princess that had the outdoor screen with movies and I thoroughly enjoyed them, they served popcorn and hot chocolate.

Marlster

Kdam has a selection of movie treats right there by the pool at the NY Deli - popcorn, chicken wings, pizza, and others

There will always be those who don't like the outdoor movies or who don't like music by the pool. One of the great things about cruising is that there are so many ships/cruise lines to choose from that you can select the one that matches your personal preferences.

But there have been many times where we have enjoyed something that we thought we would either not like or not enjoy prior to experiencing or tasting it for the first time.