drinks package

EXBUS

According to the United Network for Organ Sharing (UNOS)' Transplant Living Web site , the estimated U.S. average in 2011 of billed charges per liver transplant is$577,100. Adjusted for inflation in 2018 /19 I would say about $700, 000. Go for the soda package, sugar free and you should be fine. That is definitely a cruise you want to book with S&S and gratuities!

According to the United Network for Organ Sharing (UNOS)' Transplant Living Web site , the estimated U.S. average in 2011 of billed charges per liver transplant is$577,100. Adjusted for inflation in 2018 /19 I would say about $700, 000. Go for the soda package, sugar free and you should be fine. That is definitely a cruise you want to book with S&S and gratuities!

The OP is from Ireland, so US health costs are irrelevant.

does anyone know the cost of 28day drinks package cruise around Australia ,:)

• The Premier Beverage Package is US $59.99 per day plus 15% service charge (totaling $68.99 per day) for all itineraries except Australia. For all Australian-based vessels, the package is AUD $86.99 per day which includes a service charge. You will be charged the full amount for the complete voyage at the time of purchase. The package is not available for pre-purchase for voyages departing from and returning to Australia and New Zealand.

Quick question. I cannot consume alcohol due to heart medication I am taking. If my doctor writes a note advising of such do I still have to purchase package ? My wife would like to purchase pkg. but I cannot. Just want one pkg.

Quick question. I cannot consume alcohol due to heart medication I am taking. If my doctor writes a note advising of such do I still have to purchase package ? My wife would like to purchase pkg. but I cannot. Just want one pkg.

Princess has no requirement that all people in a cabin buy the package or no one can. If your wife wants a package, she can buy it - and you can not buy it! No need for a doctor's note or any type of documentation or anything at all... No worries.

Occasionally Princess does offer beverage packages as a promo... Not sure about long ones.. we have SBP for a 7 day Mexican Rivera this year

We had the Sip and Sail promo for a 28 day cruise last October. We also had booked (but have since cancelled) 49 days FLL to LA with the Sip and Sail promo. Princess wouldn't offer it for the 49 day cruise but I broke it up into a 19 day and a 30 day and they were happy to offer the promo for those cruises.

The OP is from Ireland, so US health costs are irrelevant.

Chrysalis - please let me know if you are still on the 10-23-18 Emerald Princess cruise and wish to remain on the Patrick's Bora Bora excursion by responding to my message on that cruises thread. Thank you. Valbob89

When I spoke to the future cruise sale person on the Royal in March, I asked about the S&S promotion he said one could ask for equivalent on board credit instead of the package

Love the 'Strawberry Hill' handle - reminded me of old times in high school in the back seat of my VW drinking warm Boones Farm...:hearteyes:

not sure about the credit instead of S N S, but I don't believe it's a whole lot - maybe $150 or so??

When I spoke to the future cruise sale person on the Royal in March, I asked about the S&S promotion he said one could ask for equivalent on board credit instead of the package

The OBC in lieu of the beverage package is substantially less than the "value" of the package. I believe it's dependent on the length of the voyage and varies from $150 per person (6-9 days), $200 per person (10-12 days), up to $250 per person (13 or more days).

The equivalent "value" of the beverage package is: $620 (9 days), $828 (12 days), and $897 (13 days). Of course on the 28 day Hawaii/South Pacific cruise the "value" of the package would be $1,932 and the OBC in lieu of that package would still be only $250.

Occasionally Princess does offer beverage packages as a promo... Not sure about long ones.. we have SBP for a 7 day Mexican Rivera this year

DW and I got it as a promo (Sip & Sail) for our 15 day Hawaii cruise in November.....:):):)

Bob

Only in the U.S.A. Anywhere else on the planet health care is covered.

Unless you're in prison of course. Then no problem.

That's it! If I ever need a liver transplant (or sex change or...) I'll just get myself put into prison! Hmm... On second thought perhaps that's not such a great plan as there are almost certainly a "few" downsides to prison. ;p

As for "covered"" everywhere but the US... My wife was talking with someone on one of our last cruises who had a knee replacement and was saying how she "only had to wait about 2 years" to get the surgery. My wife replied that, in the US, you might have to wait 2 months. Sometimes that "free" healthcare has drawbacks. Of course, the other side of that issue is that, even if one has to wait longer, everybody has health care which is, of course, not the case in the US. Also, if one is on government supplied health care here they might have a long wait as well. It's a huge issue with no really fantastic solution.

I'm just extremely happy that I got to keep my insurance from work when I retired and then, when I turned 65 and went on Medicare, the insurance works as my secondary coverage. Not only does it cost me nothing but it actually covers the cost of my Medicare contribution as well.

Edited by Thrak