"The Happiest Guy in the World"

No one is even discussing motivations, if the man wants to cruise 24/7, have at it. He has chosen the lifestyle that suits his needs. The video just doesn't portray a happy man.

The video just shows him smoking, drinking and talking about death and how he would end things. The video ends with a heavy, smoker's cough with the camera pulling back, showing him sitting alone in the middle of an empty room.

It's all in the editing. If I were given this film and asked to come up with a title, "The Happiest Guy in the World" would not even be on the list.

The video is a little misleading in that respect. We've met him and some of his friends. Between cruising friends and staff, I think he's anything but lonely.

There was a recent Royal thread were someone was (rightly) upset after they were booted from their reservation as the Vision class ship they were on was chartered. I can't imagine that Royal would boot a guest like Super Mario in the event of a charter.

He is no different than anyone else. It happens to him at least 3 times a year.

It's all in the editing. If I were given this film and asked to come up with a title, "The Happiest Guy in the World" would not even be on the list.

"The happiest guy in the world" is a direct quote from Mario in the video. I presume that he is the source of the title.

Of course only Mario himself knows whether he’s happy, but my opinion is that he likely is because this is his chosen lifestyle, and the editing was designed to make it seem like he’s a lonely man. I enjoyed the video, though, because he gets to live in the dream, and we got a glimpse into it.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Good for Mario! Living his life on his terms--I hope he really and truly feels that he is the happiest guy in the world.

My husband and I have long said that if we won the lottery we would totally do this--at least for a while. ;)

I guess if you don't have lifelong friends back home, don't have kids, or don't have grandkids it might be the perfect "happy" life. These three things help define happy for us. We love cruising and spend 8 weeks a year on cruise ships but I wouldn't trade a life of cruising for seeing my 11 year old granddaughter hitting a homerun at her softball game for all the cruising in the world. Different strokes for different folks!

Wow! I think it's fantastic. As an only child, I enjoy spending a lot of time by myself. While I have a family now and cannot imagine being away from any of them now, I can absolutely understand why someone in his position would choose to live this lifestyle. Good for him! I hope our paths cross one day! Would love to chat with him.

This is a really horrible video. As having met Mario twice, he is a super happy, super friendly guy. He's not lonely, and this video seems to imply that all he does is drink and smoke. I've never seen him drink, although I'm sure he does socially, and he's super cheery in person.

Oh well. Fake news I guess.

It was blatantly obvious when they felt the need to tie in Fox News to this dystopian "documentary" they created. Surely people that prefer conservative news sources are just lying to themselves, right? RIGHT?

Yeah, the one useful thing I learned from this video was that next time I see Mario I'm going to thank him for helping bring us Fox News onboard.

Yeah, the one useful thing I learned from this video was that next time I see Mario I'm going to thank him for helping bring us Fox News onboard.

RIGHT, I will do the same!