"The Happiest Guy in the World"

The video does not give you the feeling of a happy guy, more like a lonely guy.

Outside of my children, if I had the opportunity to cruise full-time while still maintaining a working lifestyle, I'd have the same outlook. What you view as loneliness, I view as a life free of many negatives brought on by "relationships".

One of the more astounding facts I learned about Mario, is that he gets the EXACT same cruising price as every other Pinnacle cruiser in the RCI family. (a TA in Ohio books his trips and he maintains a home in Miami). He also comes off (to me) as very down to Earth. Great person..

Outside of my children, if I had the opportunity to cruise full-time while still maintaining a working lifestyle, I'd have the same outlook. What you view as loneliness, I view as a life free of many negatives brought on by "relationships".

One of the more astounding facts I learned about Mario, is that he gets the EXACT same cruising price as every other Pinnacle cruiser in the RCI family. (a TA in Ohio books his trips and he maintains a home in Miami). He also comes off (to me) as very down to Earth. Great person..

I agree on your impression of Mario...we've sailed with him a few times....such a nice man and so interesting.

The video does not give you the feeling of a happy guy, more like a lonely guy.

We met him in March and I don't think he is lonely. There are a ton of people that he could meet if he wanted to. He has friends that he has met over the years which he keeps in touch with and cruise together sometimes. Like he said he doesn't like crowds and prefers his alone time. Lots of people are like that because they want to be which doesn't make him lonely.

We met him in March and I don't think he is lonely. There are a ton of people that he could meet if he wanted to. He has friends that he has met over the years which he keeps in touch with and cruise together sometimes. Like he said he doesn't like crowds and prefers his alone time. Lots of people are like that because they want to be which doesn't make him lonely.

I agree with this. Alone does not always equate to lonely, especially when it is by choice. We've cruised with him a couple times and had casual conversations. No, we don't know him well, but he's quite social and seems very comfortable meeting new people. Nothing wrong with living by one's own terms.

As a person who doesn't really like being around people, I keep my circle very small but I do socialize in small doses, I don't think he's lonely. There is a huge difference between being lonely and being alone. IMHO he has enough contact with people, in his terms, that he's not lonely.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Forums mobile app

He's living on the ship among thousands of vacationing guests, so I don't find it surprising that he would want to find his own space and keep some distance. In the video, he clearly mingles from time to time. He seems to be content with the balance he has stuck. If he wasn't, he probably wouldn't still be cruising after all these years.

I agree that video makes him look lonely but like several others said, I also know this is his chosen lifestyle. In fact, the one scene where that couple was trying to figure out what dates they would be cruising with him again made me think I would be even more of a recluse than Mario is. ;)

On a side note, Enchantment looks great!

Typically he is on Enchantment or Freedom. I wonder which ship he will move too after EN moves to PC and Freedom Puerto Rico??

We ran into Mario several times in the CL on EN. He stops by and says hello. Very pleasant fellow.

Maybe Navigator.

Maybe Navigator.

This is only my opinion but I think he tends to shy away from the mega ships like Oasis Class.

EN does the 4/3 nights and Freedom 7 night. I think he likes to get off in Miami/FLL. My understanding is that he has a place in South Florida.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

As a person who doesn't really like being around people, I keep my circle very small but I do socialize in small doses, I don't think he's lonely. There is a huge difference between being lonely and being alone. IMHO he has enough contact with people, in his terms, that he's not lonely.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Forums mobile app

Exactly! Being an introvert, socializing with large group of people takes the life out of us. I cruised alone for the first time last February on Vision and it's nice to have time to yourself doing what you want, when you want without interruptions. By interruptions I mean socializing. LOL

He may be lonely in the opinion of some, but that doesn't mean he isn't happy.

I've only seen solo travelers do this. Has anybody ever seen a couple permanently cruise?

There was a recent Royal thread were someone was (rightly) upset after they were booted from their reservation as the Vision class ship they were on was chartered. I can't imagine that Royal would boot a guest like Super Mario in the event of a charter.

Does anybody know the source of his comment that 80% of Pinnacle's are republicans? I don't doubt it. Just would be interested in what other stats are out there.

I did not see the video and have never met him. He is doing what he wants to do, not bothering anyone, and seems content with it. I see no reason to speculate about his motivations.

No one is even discussing motivations, if the man wants to cruise 24/7, have at it. He has chosen the lifestyle that suits his needs. The video just doesn't portray a happy man.

The video just shows him smoking, drinking and talking about death and how he would end things. The video ends with a heavy, smoker's cough with the camera pulling back, showing him sitting alone in the middle of an empty room.

It's all in the editing. If I were given this film and asked to come up with a title, "The Happiest Guy in the World" would not even be on the list.