Priority luggage...NOT

They are different now for sure.

Mine says priority with the red arrow. I think they used to all look the same. Hmmm.....

The particular sample I posted above was from about two months ago, we were in an OS on Conquest and prior to us buying FTTF, the tag likewise just said "Priority". When we added FTTF, the "Priority" disappeared, replaced with the FTTF logo. Before Carnival took away the priority luggage delivery from suite guests, the tags for suites had both: Priority and FTTF.

The particular sample I posted above was from about two months ago, we were in an OS on Conquest and prior to us buying FTTF, the tag likewise just said "Priority". When we added FTTF, the "Priority" disappeared, replaced with the FTTF logo. Before Carnival took away the priority luggage delivery from suite guests, the tags for suites had both: Priority and FTTF.

If there is no difference in delivery why the different tags?

Change is coming.......I think.

As long as you can handle it and it fits thru their scanner you are good

This. Just make sure it is within the maximum dimensions of 16x24 inches (length doesn't matter). I think many have a luggage of those dimensions but then stuff the pockets to the max to the point where they no longer fit in the scanner. We have a hard sided luggage now so there is never an issue

Sent from my iPad using Forums

If there is no difference in delivery why the different tags?

Change is coming.......I think.

I'm not sure I understand your question regarding different tags and no difference in delivery unless you mean that Platinum/Diamond get the same priority as FTTF yet the tags are different? We're not P or D so I don't know what a luggage tag for those loyalty levels looks like. :confused:

I'm not sure I understand your question regarding different tags and no difference in delivery unless you mean that Platinum/Diamond get the same priority as FTTF yet the tags are different? We're not P or D so I don't know what a luggage tag for those loyalty levels looks like. :confused:

As it’s supposed to work right now, D/P/FTTF should get theirs at the same time. However, I can see what they are getting at. There could be something in the works that gives FTTF first luggage delivery followed by D/P, and then everyone else. They are thinking that if there is no difference in FTTF/D/P luggage delivery, then why not leave the FTTF logo on D/P tags? Here is what a Platinum tag looks like now.

296ca203d624e2d99c96e290cfb70873.jpg

More conspiracy theories.....one of these times it might come true.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Has come true more than once. Loyalty change and setting up Fairwell Party to fail are just two examples.

Thinking several more are in the works. We shall see.

As it’s supposed to work right now, D/P/FTTF should get theirs at the same time. However, I can see what they are getting at. There could be something in the works that gives FTTF first luggage delivery followed by D/P, and then everyone else. They are thinking that if there is no difference in FTTF/D/P luggage delivery, then why not leave the FTTF logo on D/P tags? Here is what a Platinum tag looks like now.

296ca203d624e2d99c96e290cfb70873.jpg

OK then that other poster's comment does make sense - why not just put "FTTF" on the P & D luggage tags unless the suspected removal of that perk from P & D is coming as well?

Also, I mentioned above that prior to Carnival removing the priority luggage delivery from the suite perks, the tags had both indicators (Priority and FTTF), like this one:

Luggage%20Tag%20Suite%20with%20FTTF_zpsicxehbli.jpg

OK then that other poster's comment does make sense - why not just put "FTTF" on the P & D luggage tags unless the suspected removal of that perk from P & D is coming as well?

Also, I mentioned above that prior to Carnival removing the priority luggage delivery from the suite perks, the tags had both indicators (Priority and FTTF), like this one:

Luggage%20Tag%20Suite%20with%20FTTF_zpsicxehbli.jpg

Exactly. The D/P tags also used to have the FTTF logo along with “Priority” but not anymore.

Exactly. The D/P tags also used to have the FTTF logo along with “Priority” but not anymore.

Well, our friend Jimbo above doesn't seem to be buying into a potential conspiracy theory on this topic but you never know. ;)

Well, our friend Jimbo above doesn't seem to be buying into a potential conspiracy theory on this topic but you never know. ;)

I know. I call it like I see it and I feel this is a sign of things to come. Not that D/P won’t get expedited luggage service, but that it will be after FTTF and before the rest. Which is if what they want to do, then that’s what they want to do.

I also feel 100% that the early cabin access for D/P will eventually go away and that it started to get implemented sooner than anticipated and wasn’t rolled out properly. Otherwise there would be no reason for employees on the ship to be telling guests that, and the one sentence wouldn’t have been removed as a perk from the website. So while it may not be in effect right now, I think it will be. And if by chance they decide to keep it as it currently is, then it’s because of the overwhelming negative response (just like with the adult only pools), and possibly to save face with JH telling everyone there are no plans to reverse it. I like the guy personally, but let’s look at history. He doesn’t always have accurate info (whether or not you believe it comes from the top or he just says what he thinks to be true is a whole other discussion).

I love you and jimbo both, but I have no problem calling out Carnival when I am unhappy about something. I am not so loyal that I can’t see the forest for the trees. Some like to call it conspiracy theories, I call it change with poor planning and execution. We don’t have to like it and can choose not to participate which is what I will more than likely be doing. I’m not totally writing Carnival off, but I can say that this is the first time I have gotten back from a cruise and not started looking to book another one so take that for what it’s worth.

I know. I call it like I see it and I feel this is a sign of things to come. Not that D/P won’t get expedited luggage service, but that it will be after FTTF and before the rest. Which is if what they want to do, then that’s what they want to do.

I also feel 100% that the early cabin access for D/P will eventually go away and that it started to get implemented sooner than anticipated and wasn’t rolled out properly. Otherwise there would be no reason for employees on the ship to be telling guests that, and the one sentence wouldn’t have been removed as a perk from the website. So while it may not be in effect right now, I think it will be. And if by chance they decide to keep it as it currently is, then it’s because of the overwhelming negative response (just like with the adult only pools), and possibly to save face with JH telling everyone there are no plans to reverse it. I like the guy personally, but let’s look at history. He doesn’t always have accurate info (whether or not you believe it comes from the top or he just says what he thinks to be true is a whole other discussion).

I love you and jimbo both, but I have no problem calling out Carnival when I am unhappy about something. I am not so loyal that I can’t see the forest for the trees. Some like to call it conspiracy theories, I call it change with poor planning and execution. We don’t have to like it and can choose not to participate which is what I will more than likely be doing. I’m not totally writing Carnival off, but I can say that this is the first time I have gotten back from a cruise and not started looking to book another one so take that for what it’s worth.

totally agree with you.

On a regular basis they throw JH under the bus. Sometimes I think he goes willingly in that he knows that what he is telling us is wrong but still spouts the corporate line..

Lots of cruise lines out there. I am loyal to my wife, kids, family and friends not to a cruise line which will alway put its self interest ahead of me.

The ones calling this a supposed conspiracy theory also call the P/D early cabin access controversy a conspiracy theory as well. And considering jimbo said "more conspiracy theories," I can only assume he's also referring to the early cabin access discussions. But jimbo is one of the ones who created a thread about that topic. His thread was merged with firemanbobswife's thread. In fact, his first comment was to say he had just read it on a social media page and if it were true, he'd be upset. So if he believed it to be a conspiracy theory at that time, why did he create a new thread about it? Wouldn't that just fuel the fire of what he thought to be a mere conspiracy theory? The fact of the matter is, multiple P/D's were told, both by customer service reps and ship's crew on multiple ships, that early cabin access was no longer a P/D perk. That and the FAQ change makes it not a conspiracy theory. It means something was going on. If you ask me, Carnival and JH worked hard to backtrack and make the issue disappear, with the help of diehard loyalists (to Carnival and/or JH). So I'll see your conspiracy theory and raise you a coverup.

Now with this priority luggage issue, it wasn't just a priority passenger who got their luggage late and jumped to conclusions. No, they were told by Guest Services it was now a FTTF perk only. Sure, that crew member could've been mistaken, but if you ask me, that's a strange thing to just come out and say to a passenger, even if they were wrong. Since we haven't seen anyone else report the same experience, it's hard to tell what's going on.

There was a thread here, started yesterday I believe, wherein the OP said that after many, many Carnival cruises they were done and moving on. I started to post our agreement with that sentiment, stating that our currently booked cruise to Alaska next Summer will also be our last with Carnival, but stopped short - I guess I didn't want to bring out the "good, go ahead and leave! more room on board for the rest of us!" crowd. Though the majority of our cruises have been on Carnival, I'm certainly no cheerleader either and (like you) have enough experience on other lines to know there are choices. All that said, don't think for a moment that I find fault with the way you feel because we feel the same. ;)

The ones calling this a supposed conspiracy theory also call the P/D early cabin access controversy a conspiracy theory as well. And considering jimbo said "more conspiracy theories," I can only assume he's also referring to the early cabin access discussions. But jimbo is one of the ones who created a thread about that topic. His thread was merged with firemanbobswife's thread. In fact, his first comment was to say he had just read it on a social media page and if it were true, he'd be upset. So if he believed it to be a conspiracy theory at that time, why did he create a new thread about it? Wouldn't that just fuel the fire of what he thought to be a mere conspiracy theory? The fact of the matter is, multiple P/D's were told, both by customer service reps and ship's crew on multiple ships, that early cabin access was no longer a P/D perk. That and the FAQ change makes it not a conspiracy theory. It means something was going on. If you ask me, Carnival and JH worked hard to backtrack and make the issue disappear, with the help of diehard loyalists (to Carnival and/or JH). So I'll see your conspiracy theory and raise you a coverup.

Now with this priority luggage issue, it wasn't just a priority passenger who got their luggage late and jumped to conclusions. No, they were told by Guest Services it was now a FTTF perk only. Sure, that crew member could've been mistaken, but if you ask me, that's a strange thing to just come out and say to a passenger, even if they were wrong. Since we haven't seen anyone else report the same experience, it's hard to tell what's going on.

Did I bring it forward in a thread what I read on a FB thread? yes. Did it take on a life of its own? yes Did John address it about 20 times saying it was not true? yes Did it turn out to not true? yes At the end of day, is it still in force? yes The things you call"facts" were in fact one persons "version" "were told..." . We have discussed it to death, if I posted pics proving it to be false the "conspiracy " theory would continue....just like area 51and Elvis is still alive and selling gas at a Tn gas station. Until proven wrong, I will stick with what John says and believe him, your opinion may vary.

There was a thread here, started yesterday I believe, wherein the OP said that after many, many Carnival cruises they were done and moving on. I started to post our agreement with that sentiment, stating that our currently booked cruise to Alaska next Summer will also be our last with Carnival, but stopped short - I guess I didn't want to bring out the "good, go ahead and leave! more room on board for the rest of us!" crowd. Though the majority of our cruises have been on Carnival, I'm certainly no cheerleader either and (like you) have enough experience on other lines to know there are choices. All that said, don't think for a moment that I find fault with the way you feel because we feel the same. ;)

...and here I thought you were always on my side..;)

;)

Let’s face it, new cruisers are often treated pretty poorly on this forum. I made the comment in another thread that during the past 3+ years of being on the old Carnival FunVille forums plus here, one very common theme is that a lot of long-time cruisers love to create a division between themselves and new/newer cruisers. I guess that’s inevitable when some sort of class system is formed, whether it be online or in the real world, but it doesn’t have to be that way. I can’t remember if it was on the old Carnival forums or when I first joined CC, but at the time a lot of people were saying, “All these new cruisers have ruined cruising.” Those are strong words and they were said time & time again. So I can’t fault anyone who might say, “Go, more room for the rest of us.” When we’re made to feel not welcome, can you blame us if we’re not sad to see some long-timers say they’re going? I appreciate what I’ve learned from people who have cruised a lot. Especially FBW, who has helped us a lot with her information and advice this past year. It’s been very valuable and I’m grateful. But I’m the type of person who isn’t just going to sit back and take it when I (and others) come under fire just because we haven’t cruised as many times as others.

Every company changes over the years and every customer has a choice to make. Continue to do business with that company or not. There’s nothing wrong with choosing to move on, it’s a decision many of us have to make, and we’re not always going to be happy about it. We don’t always like the changes that are made with a particular company, but evidently it’s not hurting Carnival much. Most new cruisers who didn’t experience the things that are no longer offered obviously can’t miss them, but those same new cruisers now will have their own decision to make in ten years when more changes come around. I can honestly say that, even if we had been cruising back when things like pillow chocolates and tablecloths were offered, I wouldn’t miss them now. They wouldn’t affect my cruising experience. We enjoyed the American Table menu, so that doesn’t hurt our experience either. We really enjoyed Epic Rock and we look forward to seeing it again next month. We’re also going to go to two or three other shows that we haven’t seen. I’ll wait to pass overall judgment on Playlist Productions until after I see those. We all have our own personal tipping point that we use to determine whether we stay or go. For us, cruising isn’t our only option. There are still a lot of places in the U.S. that we want to see, so if we choose to continue cruising, it’s not going to become our only vacation. There may come a time when cruising on Carnival isn’t for us anymore and if that time comes, we’ll have no problem leaving.