Priority luggage...NOT

no one really knows how many fttf they sell. when people go to gs and tell them they want a refund because their luggage isn't there by 1 pm. i think they make sure that the fttf gets their luggage 1st.

on my last 2 cruises i didn't get the luggage until after dinner. after all we p and d's can not get a refund! LOL

In our case, DD and SIL only went to GS to ask if anything could be done to find that last piece of luggage - it had all their formal wear they needed for their vow renewal ceremony the next day. They were pleasantly surprised when GS apologized for the delay and gave them the refund without any prompting.

You take one indecent and assume no priority get their luggage faster. We are Platinum, boarded at noon, went to our cabin to drop off our carry on. We then went up for a beer and lunch. Returned to the cabin about 1:30 and the bags were there.
The OP was specifically told by Guest Services that P/D's no longer get priority luggage, that it was now a paid perk. Maybe that crew member was just mistaken, but whatever the case, that's much different than one incident of luggage not showing up early and assuming the perk's been taken away. Countless priority passengers have talked about their luggage showing up late time & time again, and I'm sure many of them inquired about it at Guest Services. I've never seen anyone say they were told what the OP was told. So the question is, why did it happen now?

Kinda weird that Faster To The Fun gets priority loading but loyalty members don't....

Sent from my SM-S327VL using Forums mobile app

this is just not true, clearly on our cruise 2 weeks ago Diamond and Platinum boarded prior to FTTF. However the boarding was so fast, we only stopped to have a picture taken on our passport. It took longer to get a porter to take our bags than the entire boarding process

Any benefits with "priority" in the name I take with a big grain of salt. Our last couple of Carnival cruises so many guests had "priority boarding" that those without priority were getting checked in much quicker than those who did.

They were probably bringing their non priority friends with them.

Is there a size limit on the luggage you can carry on yourself? We were on an MSC cruise on we carried on our own luggage. On our last Carnival cruise on the Conquest, with the same luggage, I was told that our largest roll-on was too big. We travel with two roll-ons and two backpacks as we are experienced travelers and don't overpack. We did two weeks in Italy with two carry-ons and two backpacks.

They said it might not fit through the scanner - but it did when we cruised on MSC.

I haven't sailed MSC, but Carnival lists maximum dimensions somewhere in the boarding paperwork we printed. We carried all of our luggage on with no problem, but it might vary by ship/port.

Perhaps MSC had larger scanners. Our bags were full sized and had no problem fitting - although we were asked at least a 1/2 dozen times if we wanted to check our bags.

no one really knows how many fttf they sell. when people go to gs and tell them they want a refund because their luggage isn't there by 1 pm. i think they make sure that the fttf gets their luggage 1st.

on my last 2 cruises i didn't get the luggage until after dinner. after all we p and d's can not get a refund! LOL

Its been stated only 30 cabins total for FTTF depending on how many plats and diamonds are boarding.

(Really any more would defeat the purpose of waiting)

Last few cruises as Diamond we did not get luggage any earlier than everyone else despite being early to arrive at port.

As a matter of fact on last cruise found our bags with hundreds of others by elevator on our floor and delivered them myself.

Been there...done that too!:):)

A rack of luggage just sitting in the hall or elevator lobby' date=' nobody around?? We saw our missing piece, grabbed it and took it to the cabin.

Hopefully, it's not the "new" luggage delivery service model?;p:evilsmile:[/quote']

Our last cruise we got super excited because when we got off the elevator when they told us the rooms were ready there was our beautiful luggage on the rack in the hall like 3 doors down from our room and so we thought yay we will be getting it rather early - went out to do something expecting it would be there when we got back and when we got back the rack was gone and we had no luggage asked our steward about it and he had to go look could not find it took several more hours for it to appear - needless to say if we spot our luggage ever again we are gonna snag it right off the cart

Heads up if you are Platinum & Diamond, even though your luggage tags say “Priority”-they are NOT. Checked at guest services on my recent cruise on the Sunshine when I didn’t have luggage by about 5:30. Was told Platinum & Diamond do NOT get priority luggage....only those that PAY for it -faster to the fun-get priority luggage. Just looked at my luggage tag & only says Priority not Priority w/Faster to Fun also marked on it like on previous cruises.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Our booking paperwork said Priority on it, and we did have FTTF as well. Porters put orange stickers on bags without prompting and I tipped the usual $5 for a couple of bag. When we got to our cabin about 12:30, I noticed a luggage cart in the passageway with our luggage on it. Grabbed it and we were unpacked by 1:00 p.m.

The absolute quickest we ever received our luggage.

But I will say that Miami has some of the worst luggage handling when debarking that I've ever seen. Not once has our luggage been on the right carousel as indicated by our zone. I have to walk to all 3 to find everything.

Just off the Victory and our bags were at our room before noon, were platinum and our bag tags said priority.

I did tip the porter when dropping the bags off.

Never had an issue on any previous cruises.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Our last cruise we got super excited because when we got off the elevator when they told us the rooms were ready there was our beautiful luggage on the rack in the hall like 3 doors down from our room and so we thought yay we will be getting it rather early - went out to do something expecting it would be there when we got back and when we got back the rack was gone and we had no luggage asked our steward about it and he had to go look could not find it took several more hours for it to appear - needless to say if we spot our luggage ever again we are gonna snag it right off the cart

This reminds me of the saying: " If you want something done right do it yourself. " Thanks for sharing.

My (priority) bags have been dropped off anywhere from 1:30 - 5:30. The 5:30 one had me freaked out because my dd's bag came at 1:30, and mine appeared after sail-away, even though they were loaded right next to each other on the cart at the port.

When on a cruise, I place a sheet of paper in the suitcase with my name and cabin number on it in case the cruise tag and my own luggage tags get ripped off. Same if I'm flying and will have the name of the hotel I'm staying at. Finally, same when flying home with my home address. At least if they open the suitcase, they'll know where it should go.

When on a cruise, I place a sheet of paper in the suitcase with my name and cabin number on it in case the cruise tag and my own luggage tags get ripped off. Same if I'm flying and will have the name of the hotel I'm staying at. Finally, same when flying home with my home address. At least if they open the suitcase, they'll know where it should go.

That's always a good thing to do and taking pictures of your luggage and storing them on your phone to show searchers during an event can help.

We were on a cruise one time when up until and even on the last day they were still looking for somebody's bag. They even had a picture of it distributed to all the rooms. That totally freaked me out for any future cruises. I worry until I see my bags

Sent from my iPad using Forums