Priority luggage...NOT

Heads up if you are Platinum & Diamond, even though your luggage tags say “Priority”-they are NOT. Checked at guest services on my recent cruise on the Sunshine when I didn’t have luggage by about 5:30. Was told Platinum & Diamond do NOT get priority luggage....only those that PAY for it -faster to the fun-get priority luggage. Just looked at my luggage tag & only says Priority not Priority w/Faster to Fun also marked on it like on previous cruises.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

On my last Sunshine cruise, my PRIORITY luggage arrived between 9 and 10 pm. Thank goodness it was PRIORITY or I would still be waiting for it. Oh well, we still had a good cruise as we always do. We forgive you Carnival but don't let it happen again!

Guess I am not in a hurry to get the luggage. With getting onboard, eating lunch., exploring the ship, Muster drill.

If its there after the drill I am thrilled. if not not a big deal

checked my tags and it only has PRIORITY on them. Give it to a porter and tell them you are platinum Luggage goes in a different rack. Make sure they put it in THAT rack

with more and more platinum people sailing today-- they cant give almost everyone these perks.. and its not listed on the loyalty program page https://www.carnival.com/vifp/benefits.aspx

Last few cruises as Diamond we did not get luggage any earlier than everyone else despite being early to arrive at port.

As a matter of fact on last cruise found our bags with hundreds of others by elevator on our floor and delivered them myself.

As a matter of fact on last cruise found our bags with hundreds of others by elevator on our floor and delivered them myself.

Been there...done that too!:):)

A rack of luggage just sitting in the hall or elevator lobby, nobody around?? We saw our missing piece, grabbed it and took it to the cabin.

Hopefully, it's not the "new" luggage delivery service model?;p:evilsmile:

Any benefits with "priority" in the name I take with a big grain of salt. Our last couple of Carnival cruises so many guests had "priority boarding" that those without priority were getting checked in much quicker than those who did.

We've experienced the same thing.

Even w/ FTTF in the past we've not had our luggage delivered until after dinner.

Also gone up to the cabin after lunch on lido to find our luggage on a rack in the hall ... just grabbed and went.

Luggage is the least of our worries.

On the Elation in March on our third day of cruising there was a flyer sent around to rooms asking for everyone to check for a suitcase of a particular description. That is a scary thought to be three days in and still missing a suitcase. Also, did someone think they had an extra suitcase or made the decision to just keep it. Of course it might have been left in Jacksonville.

We never had a problem getting luggage on any line. But we have avoided any problems for the last five years, as we now only travel with a roll aboard size and backpack. No matter how long the cruise. (Might make an exception for a World Cruise, esp. that 245 day one on Viking...). EM

:):) Don't travel with my DW..... 1 bag?? 2 bags... maybe 2-1/2...! I really don't have an issue with the luggage deliveries, Just the fact that the luggage tags do say "Priority" , so maybe they should take that off the tags...:cool::cool::cool:

Is there a size limit on the luggage you can carry on yourself? We were on an MSC cruise on we carried on our own luggage. On our last Carnival cruise on the Conquest, with the same luggage, I was told that our largest roll-on was too big. We travel with two roll-ons and two backpacks as we are experienced travelers and don't overpack. We did two weeks in Italy with two carry-ons and two backpacks.

Is there a size limit on the luggage you can carry on yourself? We were on an MSC cruise on we carried on our own luggage. On our last Carnival cruise on the Conquest, with the same luggage, I was told that our largest roll-on was too big. We travel with two roll-ons and two backpacks as we are experienced travelers and don't overpack. We did two weeks in Italy with two carry-ons and two backpacks.

As long as you can handle it and it fits thru their scanner you are good

On the Elation in March on our third day of cruising there was a flyer sent around to rooms asking for everyone to check for a suitcase of a particular description. That is a scary thought to be three days in and still missing a suitcase. Also, did someone think they had an extra suitcase or made the decision to just keep it. Of course it might have been left in Jacksonville.

On a few occasions have heard of luggage delivered to wrong cabin and the person in the cabin took it in and stashed it under their bed. Cant fix stupid

This happened to us on our first cruise over 15 years ago. This was a 7 day cruise, and as newbies, we packed all of our "dressy" clothes in one hanging bag (this was when you really did dress up on formal night). The bag never made it to our cabin - flyers went out two different times to all cabins to be on the look out - nothing. Then on the 5th night we get a call from Guest Services saying that a cabin steward located the bag in a cabin with 4 younger women. Evidently each thought it belonged to one of the other cabin mates.

It didn't ruin our cruise, but three of us missed the formal dinner which was very disappointing. My 15 year old daughter met some girls her age & one of them loaned her a long gown so at least she got to go with her cousin who was with us. The staff were very helpful - letting us try on "women's tuxes" from their formal shop - uh, no thank you - and letting us order off the menu & having it delivered to our cabin.

Heads up if you are Platinum & Diamond, even though your luggage tags say “Priority”-they are NOT. Checked at guest services on my recent cruise on the Sunshine when I didn’t have luggage by about 5:30. Was told Platinum & Diamond do NOT get priority luggage....only those that PAY for it -faster to the fun-get priority luggage. Just looked at my luggage tag & only says Priority not Priority w/Faster to Fun also marked on it like on previous cruises.
That is exactly what started the controversy over P/D's not getting early cabin access anymore. Many were being told by ship's crew on multiple ships that it was no longer one of their perks. The rest is history and now it's looked at as one big conspiracy theory, but why were they being told that? Next thing we know, someone will be posting this to JH's fb page, if they haven't already, and he'll be badmouthing CC yet again for starting false rumors. What you were told is something that an experienced crew member wouldn't say by mistake and hopefully wouldn't just make it up. Very strange indeed.

I had FTTF on my first cruise but we boarded late so it didn't matter about the luggage delivery. I do have it for my upcoming cruise in July. I'll see how fast we get our luggage.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

You take one indecent and assume no priority get their luggage faster. We are Platinum, boarded at noon, went to our cabin to drop off our carry on. We then went up for a beer and lunch. Returned to the cabin about 1:30 and the bags were there.

Last few cruises as Diamond we did not get luggage any earlier than everyone else despite being early to arrive at port.

If you’re referring to the Alaska Journeys Cruise where there were 200 Diamonds and 800 Platinums. 1,000 have priority out of 2100 is almost half the passengers. Someone has to be last.

If you’re referring to the Alaska Journeys Cruise where there were 200 Diamonds and 800 Platinums. 1,000 have priority out of 2100 is almost half the passengers. Someone has to be last.

nope it was for an earlier cruise of 7 or 8 days. Appears that diamond and priority luggage do not go together as well as it used to

On the Triumph out of New Orleans on April 9 I watched the porter put the orange tape on both pieces of luggage. We were some of the first Platinum to board and our luggage was outside our cabin when we got there. That was great service.

We've experienced the same thing.

Even w/ FTTF in the past we've not had our luggage delivered until after dinner.

Also gone up to the cabin after lunch on lido to find our luggage on a rack in the hall ... just grabbed and went.

Luggage is the least of our worries.

On our Conquest cruise two months ago, our DD and family had purchased FTTF and had all their luggage, except for one piece, delivered by about 1PM. When that last piece still had not arrived by 5PM, they went to guest services to inquire and were given an immediate refund of the FTTF due to the late arriving piece of luggage. That last piece did arrive about 30 minutes later but I was impressed they gave a FTTF refund for one late arriving bag.

On our Conquest cruise two months ago, our DD and family had purchased FTTF and had all their luggage, except for one piece, delivered by about 1PM. When that last piece still had not arrived by 5PM, they went to guest services to inquire and were given an immediate refund of the FTTF due to the late arriving piece of luggage. That last piece did arrive about 30 minutes later but I was impressed they gave a FTTF refund for one late arriving bag.

that was very nice of them

no one really knows how many fttf they sell. when people go to gs and tell them they want a refund because their luggage isn't there by 1 pm. i think they make sure that the fttf gets their luggage 1st.

on my last 2 cruises i didn't get the luggage until after dinner. after all we p and d's can not get a refund! LOL