From the cow kings to an Empress, Norton goes on a little Sojourn

What do you mean about the weather being too cold for the patio grill?

We made plenty of use of the patio grill and the area around it on our Antarctica voyage :)

From what I’ve heard Quest has better/more efficient heating on the deck. [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

From what I’ve heard Quest has better/more efficient heating on the deck. [emoji6]

From what I remember the Quest had heaters kinda under the Sky Bar area and maybe along each covered side of the pool area

I can not remember if there were heaters under the Sky Bar area on the Sojourn?

What I do remember is that when someone opened the door to the passageway on the Quest while at Antarctica a blast of hot air came out of the passageway while on the Singapore cruise a blast of cold air came out of the passageway when someone opened the door. It did not matter which cruise you were on the blast of the hot or cold air was good to stand in front of :)

No heaters on Quest at the Sky Bar - unless you count the smokers at the starboard side - at least not when we were on end of Dec / early Jan. Patio grill and Colonnade yes.

I said under the Sky Bar not by the Sky Bar :)

Of all the things one of my threads could turn into I’d never expected a dress code thread. Slobs in chairs or on buses mayhaps but not the dress code.

Drink of the deck today: hot chocolate, Baileys and Grand Marnier.

7767b2e2933691f8049180a0c63f2da4.jpg

I understand Emperor Norton! Let's turn this thread in a different direction. I would love to hear a late cruise review from you. Did the construction ruin your cruise, or was it redeemed due to other attributes that Seabourn was able to bring to the mix?

Of all the things one of my threads could turn into I’d never expected a dress code thread. Slobs in chairs or on buses mayhaps but not the dress code.

Drink of the deck today: hot chocolate, Baileys and Grand Marnier.

7767b2e2933691f8049180a0c63f2da4.jpg

Very nice!

Hot chocolate with a dash of dark rum is also very good!

Should be interesting to see tomorrow how hard it is to get deck space for the Hubbard glacier passage. Hopefully the Celebrity ship doesn’t block our sight lines. 990e08ec9d14fb58ce24ac5daaee60cc.jpg Sangria is always good regardless of outside temp.

Debating whether to pre book another cruise, get a future fare saver or just collect $500 without passing go. This has been a very odd cruise.

We were at the Collonade for breakfast around 8:30 and there were very few people there. It must have been your timing to encounter the crowds. I was glad we were able to get in to see the Hubbard Glacier in todays perfect weather. The bear we saw on shore was an added plus. We have eaten at the Patio three times for Lunch when there was no wind.

On our last transatlantic on the Quest the heaters in the Patio area were not enough to keep us warm.

It would be interesting to hear other points of view on this rather unusual cruise also - obviously several others have contributed here, but might wish to do their own separate reports when back home, rather than add to Emperor Norton's personal thread?

Having experience with this problem with our own (much smaller!) boat I can confidently predict that the whole deck will probably have to be ripped up and relaid. You can’t do it in small patches. And yes, some of the repaired areas are already starting to feel “spongy” and are lifting again. But they have replaced the dead potted palms from Darwin with small Alaskan Christmas trees. The pool deck is morphing into Santa’s grotto!

How is the wifi aboard? Shoddy as reported elsewhere here? Improved? Basically usable or frustrating? Will be on Sojourn later this summer and wondering whether to purchase or just unplug and rely on LTE when in ports. Thanks in advance.