Does Royal exchange small amount of local currency

Does the Cruise line exchange small amounts of currency on ship? We are expecting to use mostly credit cards on Baltic cruise but with so many different currencies it would be nice to exchange a small amount. My worry is pay toilets...lol

Does the Cruise line exchange small amounts of currency on ship? We are expecting to use mostly credit cards on Baltic cruise but with so many different currencies it would be nice to exchange a small amount. My worry is pay toilets...lol

I never purchase foreign currency from the ship, but I have used them to convert a few left-over bills back into USD.

The ship is very unlikely to have the coins needed for such a small amount.

I have paid as much as €2,00 for a toilet. But it did include toilet paper. So €2,00 is roughly $2.40 so with Euro's, there are not bills for small amounts, only coins. (€1 and €2). Although the ship will have a very poor exchange rate, it is convenient for small amounts and lets face it, ATM's have fees and cash advance fees. So it might not be cheaper. They would also likely have the bigger coins since the value is larger.

I wouldn't count on it, but there is a chance for small amounts to be exchanged. I personally exchange small amounts prior to any trip which can easily be done with travelex, or local banks.

Would there really be "so many currencies"? How many of your port of calls are part of the EU and use Euros instead.

Finland and Germany are the only countries using Euros on Baltic Cruises. Estonia, Denmark, Sweden and Norway all have their own "crowns" while Russia has the ruble.

I have paid as much as €2,00 for a toilet. But it did include toilet paper. So €2,00 is roughly $2.40 so with Euro's, there are not bills for small amounts, only coins. (€1 and €2). Although the ship will have a very poor exchange rate, it is convenient for small amounts and lets face it, ATM's have fees and cash advance fees. So it might not be cheaper. They would also likely have the bigger coins since the value is larger.

I wouldn't count on it, but there is a chance for small amounts to be exchanged. I personally exchange small amounts prior to any trip which can easily be done with travelex, or local banks.

Ships generally do not exchange coins - only bills.

Possibly, but if they do, it would not be a good exchange rate. Best to just use a debit card at a bank ATM in the port city.

Got 75 Euro for $100 on the Mariner before hitting Greece last week, yesterday in Barcelona I got 76.5 Euro for $100 At the local money changer, so not a big difference. Many just exchange a few dollars on ship for bus or cab fare, do the rest at more favorable local exchanges.

Got 75 Euro for $100 on the Mariner before hitting Greece last week, yesterday in Barcelona I got 76.5 Euro for $100 At the local money changer, so not a big difference.

Right, both are very poor considering the real exchange rate is $84.