Short 3 Night Harmony of the Seas Cruise

Looking for some advice. I have always wanted to go on a ship like Harmony or Symphony of the Seas. But since they are almost 7 Night Cruises I never get the chance for it because I can not take anything longer than a 5 night cruise due to work constraints.

Yesterday I found harmony of the Seas doing a short 3 Night Cruise in Port Canaveral next year!!! I was so excited I quickly through a hold on it. So the majority of cruises I do is 5 Nights. I have never been on a 3 Night I am literally doing this one to experience Harmony of the Seas. In your opinion will 3 Nights be worth it or is it just to short for that kind of ship? Any one ever been on a 3 Night Cruise on a ship like Harmony? I am curious what kind of shows and entertainment I will be able to see.

Thank you for any advice any of you can share. I appreciate your help.

I will be on the second three night but as part of a 3night/7 night B2B. Many years ago, we did the three night or 4 night ( even though we had a 7 hour drive) as we had no other option with our scheduling. Now we only consider it as part of a B2B.

OP - If you have expensive air, it might not be worth it. Many that take the three night cruises have a short drive to the port. Did you look a the 3 night /3 night B2B that is offered? Will that work for you?

As a side note, I think a 3 night Oasis class cruise, for a first time Oasis cruiser, would be a bit overwhelming. Too much to do, too little time.

hope it works out for you .

M

ps - Ellen - which 3 night are you talking? M

We are on the first one. I am hoping to take my friend. She has never been on a ship larger than the Enchantment so I think the Harmony will be a nice treat for her. She is also our dog sitter so Dan will stay home and watch both dogs this time

Sent from my BG2-W09 using Forums mobile app

I sailed solo on Harmony’s first US sailing, a 3-night cruise back on Nov. 5, 2016.

I don’t know if it was just because it was an inaugural sailing or not, but Royal crammed 6 production, comedy and headliner shows that required reservations in addition to other entertainment into that sailing.

It was great!

I had posted tips and pictures here: https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2422367

~ Judy

We are on the first one. I am hoping to take my friend. She has never been on a ship larger than the Enchantment so I think the Harmony will be a nice treat for her. She is also our dog sitter so Dan will stay home and watch both dogs this time

Sent from my BG2-W09 using Forums mobile app

We did a few 3 night cruises on the Royal big ships (husband has his travel agents license and the trips were free!) I loved them, enough to feel like you had a mini vacation and made us go back for a week many times now!

I just booked a 4 night cruise on Symphony of the Seas for next year. We have never been on a "mega ship" before and I am not sure that I will like it as much as I do smaller ships. By booking a shorter cruise, I will get an intro to the big ship experience. If I like it then I can invest in a longer cruise, if I don't like it then I have invested less time and money.

I appreciate the feedback from everyone. You have been a great help.

A little more about me. I am from Orlando so its a quick drive over. Thankfully will not have to deal with flights or anything like that. I wish I could do seven night cruises and really experience the ship but with the work schedule its impossible for me to get away that long. So I was happy to see this 3 Night pop up when I searched. I have been on 10 cruises now so I am seasoned with cruising and comfortable. Its just my average cruise is 5 nights so two nights short I fear is going to go so fast!! But this is my first with Royal and first mega ship so I am excited to give it a go.

Thanks again everyone.

Great you live so close. A 3 night cruise is definitely better than no cruise, and with not having to pay for flights, I'd say go for it. It'll give you a taste of the new ship and you can still explore and see some shows, great food, and rest or try some activities. We have a 4 night cruise booked end of the summer. Sure, a 7 night would be better, but I consider this a "bonus" cruise. We have a week one booked next year and weren't even going to take a family holiday this summer, but we ended up going for it (and we need to pay for flights). The way I look at it, it'll be a few great full packed days.

Enjoy your cruise! I'm sure you'll love every minute.

We have done many 3 & 4 nights with DCL on thier bigger ships and as long as you go into it knowing you can and will not be able to do everything you will have a great time. Do some research ahead of time and decide what you want to do and you will not be disappointed. Also, get on board as early as possible, that will give you extra time to explore and learn your way around.

If I were to take this trip, I certainly wouldn't get off the boat. That would give you 2 full sea days. You might leave "wanting a little more" but if this is the only itinerary that will work for you, I'd go for it. The price is comparable to what you'd pay for one of the older ships, so I think it's a good value. Now you've got me wanting to book one of these!

Can you purchase the drink packages on a 3 night sailing? I remember the policy used to be minimum 4 nights but think it may have changed. Can anyone confirm?

Drink packages are available on 3-night sailings.

Thanks. If booking on-board, do you get extra OBC for the 3 day trips? I think last time I was on-board it was $200 for 7 day.

No OBC for booking on board anymore for 3-night cruises.

I appreciate the feedback from everyone. You have been a great help.

A little more about me. I am from Orlando so its a quick drive over.

Now that I know this, I say GO FOR IT! When I saw Ohio, I thought no way would it be for me. We did one 3 night cruise on Monarch back in 2010 and drove down from North Ga the day before. I vowed "never again" but if I lived in the Orlando area I would do several a year Im sure.