Received upgrade but.......

jdvmd

Just got the emails that our Upgrade Advantage bids for our two cabins on the Sky leaving Monday were accepted.

Emails for both cabins all came to me.

When checking on NCL.com on my cabin, it shows the upgrade and new cabin number. Credit card was charged for the total.

Re: second cabin - Bid the same amount. When logging into that account, the cabin number is still the original cabin AND my credit card hasn't been charged. Also, the screen saying "Let's Get You Upgraded" is gone as well as the message in your NCL message box.

What's up with the second cabin? Wasn't there something on CC last week where someone posted that they got the email that their bid was accepted and then they got another message that it was declined or something like that?

Just got the emails that our Upgrade Advantage bids for our two cabins on the Sky leaving Monday were accepted.

Emails for both cabins all came to me.

When checking on NCL.com on my cabin, it shows the upgrade and new cabin number. Credit card was charged for the total.

Re: second cabin - Bid the same amount. When logging into that account, the cabin number is still the original cabin AND my credit card hasn't been charged. Also, the screen saying "Let's Get You Upgraded" is gone as well as the message in your NCL message box.

What's up with the second cabin? Wasn't there something on CC last week where someone posted that they got the email that their bid was accepted and then they got another message that it was declined or something like that?

What did they say when you called them about this?

GC

Thought that but the emails came within two minutes of one another. Everything is fine with the first reservation.

Also, the ship is now showing completely sold out.

I understood the other scenario you are referring to last week was not that they had received an email but that the status of their bid online showed "Processing". It had been stated a few times earlier that the normal flow was for a bid to go from "pending" to "processing" and after that, the bid was successfully awarded. Others pointed out that their status went from "pending" to "processing" and back to "pending" or deleted.

If you got an email stating you won the bid, it would be a serious error on their part to not process you for the room which i expect they are doing now!

Take a break and wait ... a few hours should do, then log in again to see if the 2nd. stateroom's bid showed a new assignment or not. For our winning bid 2 weeks ago (different ship) - it went from pending to processing, took no more than 6 hours as I recall, then the new stateroom was assigned, status changed again to "upgraded" - credit card charged amount had a hold on it, actual amount went thru that night.

While they are playing musical cabins and moving the stools around (just kidding) the mattresses ... not uncommon for everything in the "old" and "new" categories being shown as all SOLD OUT, except - maybe for the Sail Away Rates. The next morning, they must've had remaining Insides freed up at Sail Away Rate only, Solo supplement quietly dropped at Day 4 (or was it Day 3) for last minute cruisers (although prices really didn't drop much, if at all) except the solo pricing.

Good luck !

Take a break and wait ... a few hours should do, then log in again to see if the 2nd. stateroom's bid showed a new assignment or not. For our winning bid 2 weeks ago (different ship) - it went from pending to processing, took no more than 6 hours as I recall, then the new stateroom was assigned, status changed again to "upgraded" - credit card charged amount had a hold on it, actual amount went thru that night.

While they are playing musical cabins and moving the stools around (just kidding) the mattresses ... not uncommon for everything in the "old" and "new" categories being shown as all SOLD OUT, except - maybe for the Sail Away Rates. The next morning, they must've had remaining Insides freed up at Sail Away Rate only, Solo supplement quietly dropped at Day 4 (or was it Day 3) for last minute cruisers (although prices really didn't drop much, if at all) except the solo pricing.

Good luck !

Every category is showing sold out including the Sail Away rates, which we were booked under.

Can't even see "processing" or "pending" because there is no more "Let's get you upgraded" and no message in the email to check on your bids.

I'll give it until the morning.

,,, Can't even see "processing" or "pending" because there is no more "Let's get you upgraded" and no message in the email to check on your bids. I'll give it until the morning.

Fingers crossed for you. If you received the invite by email - see if you can load that via your desktop or mobile browser (I know I was doing that on Chrome & Firefox via the bookmarked URL) - no need to log into the account to get an idea.

With 4 more days to go - think positive, as long as the status or bids is saying "expired" - there's always hope. "Unable to ..." won't hit the mail servers until right up to the 48 hours cutoff time before sailing, that would be Saturday afternoon for next Monday on the Sun.

I was printing the updated eDocs & eLuggage tags 3 days before our sailing ... in previous instances, it happened a bit earlier. So, just hang in there.

I don't understand why it is so hard to call and check on the situation. Maybe OP misread the email about both cabins and only one was graded.

I didn’t misread anything. “You’ve been awarded an upgrade...”

Are you positive that the email was for each cabin? Sometimes I get duplicates of the same email from NCL. When we got upgraded, we didn’t even get an email-I logged in and noticed our room number had changed!

Yes, each email had our respective names in the subject field.

While some of the other posters were a little harsher in their suggestion....still not sure why you haven't called NCL to get it cleared up, and instead are relying on the advise of the members of cruise critic.

I don't understand why it is so hard to call and check on the situation. Maybe OP misread the email about both cabins and only one was graded.

I read the OP's message as s/he was upgraded and their traveling companion's cabin has the issue.

NCL isn't / shouldn't provide cabin information to another party, perhaps.

I read the OP's message as s/he was upgraded and their traveling companion's cabin has the issue.

OP email used to make reservation. OP credit card used to pay for reservation (and possible upgrade). Assume OP has right to ask about upgrade

I understood that the op booked 2 rooms and only 1 appeared to be updated?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Update: Been on the phone with NCL now for one hour.

Agent helping me cannot get Upgrade Advantage department to answer the phone. Supervisor is helping agent as well. Agent said she has never heard of this happening before.

I also found one of the emails received when bids were placed - Doing the right click thing with Firefox, it states cabin was upgraded.

Everything is still the same with the reservation - same oceanview cabin.

Supervisor and agent have both said now for me to send an email reply to the address from where the upgrade email came from.

Agent helping me cannot get Upgrade Advantage department to answer the phone. Supervisor is helping agent as well. Agent said she has never heard of this happening before.

I also found one of the emails received when bids were placed - Doing the right click thing with Firefox, it states cabin was upgraded.

Supervisor and agent have both said now for me to send an email reply to the address from where the upgrade email came from.

Ugh - that is frustrating. I'm sorry!

It says upgraded, but has your CC been charged for the second cabin? Good luck!!