Very British question

gosport11

Usually when we have been on board it has been "Fields and Selects" ... not entirely sure that this can be described as tea!

Sometimes Liptons has been available and we have "glimpsed" Twinings occasionally.

If you have a preference then I would suggest that you bring it with you.

Edited by workingtocruise-59

What brand of tea bags do they use on board,silly question i know

Hi gosport11 (and welcome!)

Which ship will you be sailing on? I will write to the ship and inquire specifically for you :hearteyes:

I do not like the ships tea. it was Twingings but has gone down hill for years. Celebrity's tea is good.

Having done Journey recently and now on Quest, I can confirm it is Twinings English Breakfast on both ships, perfectly acceptable to this Englishman. I do however bring some from home just in case they run out.

Can’t stand the Fields Select version, not proper tea!

Well I guess from tonicgate we go to teagate! It depends on your preference, but PG Tips is my favourite ordinary tea at home and you won’t get that on the ship. I drink herbal tea a lot now, especially mint and both the Twinings and Field Select both do great for me. The Twinings Ginger and Lemon is pretty good too. No issues. If I take note of what my mum used to say then it’s all about the quality of the water and its boiling temperature and warming of the pot. That is more problematic to achieve;)

Phil

Having done Journey recently and now on Quest, I can confirm it is Twinings English Breakfast on both ships, perfectly acceptable to this Englishman. I do however bring some from home just in case they run out.

Can’t stand the Fields Select version, not proper tea!

Nit my favorite. Prefer the Irish one or a Ginger based one.

Well I guess from tonicgate we go to teagate! It depends on your preference, but PG Tips is my favourite ordinary tea at home and you won’t get that on the ship. I drink herbal tea a lot now, especially mint and both the Twinings and Field Select both do great for me. The Twinings Ginger and Lemon is pretty good too. No issues. If I take note of what my mum used to say then it’s all about the quality of the water and its boiling temperature and warming of the pot. That is more problematic to achieve;)

Phil

Next big question milk 1st or after,really need a kettle to make decent tea

I’ve seen Twinings & Field Select. There’s a good choice of tea other than the normal ‘black’ tea - green, lemon, lemon & ginger and others. If you order tea in your cabin in a morning (which we do every morning, using the breakfast cards left in the cabin) if you only want normal ‘black’ tea, you need to write ‘breakfast tea’ otherwise you get a selection of different tea bags.

I must admit we take our own tea bags for use in the cabin as we love ‘Yorkshire Tea’ and like it very strong.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

By necessity onboard, unless you’re getting the tea in a pot from mosaic, it generally arrives from a waiter with a mug of hot, not boiled, water with the teabag on the side. In that case you’re left with milk last! It is possible to train the Mosaic waiter to put the teabag in the pot before it’s delivered, but it’s a bit hit or miss. As to the correct timing of milk first or last, don’t go there, it’s down to personal preference, the Internet is full of the correct opinions. The key secret is to make sure the tea is brewed sufficiently before milk is added.

There's a selection of Twining's, including English Breakfast and Darjeeling. Not sure how anyone would expect a cruise line to include their particular, exotic brand and flavor of tea. Rather unrealistic, I'd say.

In Windows, my tea always comes with bag in cup.

I’m not a tea snob, but resign myself to the fact that I won’t get my "home brewed" tea when I’m on holiday. Anywhere. However having moved onto the herbal teas without milk it works fine for me. The Bunn hot water dispenser in Windows is pretty good.

Bottom line, if you want a particular tea then bring your own.

Phil

I am very happy with the teas onboard provided they do not bring it with the tea bag in the cup/mug. I like to "time" how long the bag is in the water.

Agree with Phil, the teas with flavourings are excellent, the lemon and ginger is my big favourite

But then.... like a growing number of Brits....

Im more a coffee person and if I do drink tea its an afternoon thing only