Formal Nights on an Alaskan Cruise

Hi. My wife and I will be on the Radiance next month, sailing from Vancouver to Seward. I have read that passengers dress "more casually" on Alaska cruises. Just curious if passengers generally still dress up on formal nights or could I forgo wearing a suit or sportscoat and tie on these nights. Thanks.

My Alaska cruise was 5 years ago (also on Radiance) but my experience was that most dressed up. Perhaps all cruises are getting more casual but I would still expect Alaska to be less casual than a Caribbean cruise.

Hi. My wife and I will be on the Radiance next month, sailing from Vancouver to Seward. I have read that passengers dress "more casually" on Alaska cruises. Just curious if passengers generally still dress up on formal nights or could I forgo wearing a suit or sportscoat and tie on these nights. Thanks.

We are on the June 1st sailing. I do not plan to pack too many formal clothes due to limited luggage space and trying to bring plenty of layers of warm clothes.

FWIW, I've been asking similar questions about Radiance in Alaska for next month (we don't eat in the MDR, I just wanted to make sure I could dress a bit more casually for the DL) and have repeatedly been told everything is more casual, don't worry about it. Because of packing issues, weather, and spending 10 days on land before our cruise, I've settled on just wearing respectable looking jeans, casual shoes (not sneakers), and a decent shirt to the DL each night.

Check out the Alaska forum if you haven't... https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=55

The entire cruise culture has become "more casual". Just off the Allure and we saw folks in shorts sitting next to people in tuxes.

YOU are on VACATION. Dress however you feel most comfortable (I would leave the suits and sportcoats at home and pack an extra hoodie to walk around the ship)

My Alaska cruise was 5 years ago (also on Radiance) but my experience was that most dressed up. Perhaps all cruises are getting more casual but I would still expect Alaska to be less casual than a Caribbean cruise.

I've done 4 Alaska cruises and I guess that "most" people weren't cruising with us during any of those.