Minimum age to stay by themselves?

Hi there! I am planning my next cruise and it will be me with 3 kids (15, 15, 9). Will they let the 15 year olds stay in a room without an adult over 18? I'd really like to avoid having all 4 of us in the same room, but obviously I have to stay with the 9 year old.

Thanks in advance!

Hi there! I am planning my next cruise and it will be me with 3 kids (15, 15, 9). Will they let the 15 year olds stay in a room without an adult over 18? I'd really like to avoid having all 4 of us in the same room, but obviously I have to stay with the 9 year old.

Thanks in advance!

For kids to be booked in a room by themselves the room must be directly beside or directly across the hall from the parents. Age does not matter.

You must call to book this way as you can’t book this way via the website.

We have two rooms for myself, my wife, and my two sons ages 13 and 15 (will turn 16 on the cruise). I booked the rooms with myself and one son as one reservation and my wife and my other son on the other reservation... Problem solved!!

That also works good because you can buy a drink package without having to buy it for two adults... But I don't drink so that doesn't matter to me! 🤣

Sent from my SM-S727VL using Forums mobile app

We have two rooms for myself, my wife, and my two sons ages 13 and 15 (will turn 16 on the cruise). I booked the rooms with myself and one son as one reservation and my wife and my other son on the other reservation... Problem solved!!

That also works good because you can buy a drink package without having to buy it for two adults... But I don't drink so that doesn't matter to me! 🤣

Sent from my SM-S727VL using Forums mobile app

I don't think there is a second adult in the OP'S situation. The adjoining cabins is the best idea. :)

We traveled on Oasis in April with two 15 year olds. I booked two cabins next door to one another (not connecting) with an adult in each cabin. We switched the key cards at guest services (and they also gave me a "key only" sea pass card to the girls' room). We had no issues.

We traveled on Oasis in April with two 15 year olds. I booked two cabins next door to one another (not connecting) with an adult in each cabin. We switched the key cards at guest services (and they also gave me a "key only" sea pass card to the girls' room). We had no issues.

:lips-sealed::lips-sealed::lips-sealed::lips-sealed:

We sailed on HOTS this April. My 17/18 y/os across the hall From us had a room with three kids next door with the oldest about 8, youngest maybe 3 with the parents a few doors down. They were loud and rowdy during the nights. We discussed with our room attendant who assured us he’d address but nothing changed. Frightening for sure. You can put whoever you want in a cabin clearly...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We sailed on HOTS this April. My 17/18 y/os across the hall From us had a room with three kids next door with the oldest about 8, youngest maybe 3 with the parents a few doors down. They were loud and rowdy during the nights. We discussed with our room attendant who assured us he’d address but nothing changed. Frightening for sure. You can put whoever you want in a cabin clearly...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Your right, once you are on board you can change the sleeping arrangements around to whatever suits you but they sure didn’t book the cabins that way to start.

I book my wife and I in separate cabins but we put the kid in one and she and I in the second. A few benefits. 1 i can bring 4 bottles of wine on board if I choose or because my wife doesn't drink, this year I will forgo the wine and buy a drink package. I only have to buy one instead of two because we are booked separately. I get a second key from guest services as soon as we get on the ship.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Forums mobile app

Not sure if anyone here can confirm or deny, but have heard that on the newer ships you are no longer able to get extra keys for a cabin? We booked our kids in their own cabin for years and got extra keys so we could go back and forth. If this isn't an option any more people need to know this when booking, may change how things are done. Personally doesn't impact me as my kids are older now and don't have the same need but may impact others.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

I book my wife and I in separate cabins but we put the kid in one and she and I in the second. A few benefits. 1 i can bring 4 bottles of wine on board if I choose or because my wife doesn't drink, this year I will forgo the wine and buy a drink package. I only have to buy one instead of two because we are booked separately. I get a second key from guest services as soon as we get on the ship.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Forums mobile app

Did you not read the original post? There is only one adult traveling.

FYI royal considers an adult to be 21. Our 20 year old is in a room diagonal from ours (we are ocean balcony and she is boardwalk balcony but not directly across. She’s diagonal), and they made us put me in her room (as far as the documents go).

Usually we are directly across hall or connecting rooms.

Not sure if anyone here can confirm or deny, but have heard that on the newer ships you are no longer able to get extra keys for a cabin? We booked our kids in their own cabin for years and got extra keys so we could go back and forth. If this isn't an option any more people need to know this when booking, may change how things are done. Personally doesn't impact me as my kids are older now and don't have the same need but may impact others.

We had no problems in getting extra keys on Harmony.

Sent from my STH100-1 using Forums mobile app

Thanks in advance!

We have a 17, 16 and 10 and they have been traveling with us, in an adjoining cabin since they turned 15, 14 and 8. We usually watch the pricing, and call the cruiseline directly. The agents on the phone have been super accommodating always (Carnival and RCCL) We usually leave the door open between the cabins and everyone have their own space... We have thought about getting a family suite, but I prefer the fact of having 2 bathrooms if I book 2 cabins... Good luck!

Hi there! I am planning my next cruise and it will be me with 3 kids (15, 15, 9). Will they let the 15 year olds stay in a room without an adult over 18? I'd really like to avoid having all 4 of us in the same room, but obviously I have to stay with the 9 year old. Thanks in advance!

We have a 17, 16 and 10 and they have been traveling with us, in an adjoining cabin since they turned 15, 14 and 8. We usually watch the pricing, and call the cruiseline directly. The agents on the phone have been super accommodating always (Carnival and RCCL) We usually leave the door open between the cabins and everyone have their own space... We have thought about getting a family suite, but I prefer the fact of having 2 bathrooms if I book 2 cabins... Good luck!

Thanks, have seen it a few times, maybe they didn't know what to request, thought it was strange.

Thus was supposed to be a response to the post stating they were able to get an extra key on Harmony. Not sure why the quote did not work.