O’Sheehan’s prime rib nights

ldgiff

I never saw anything on the O'Sheehan's menu that I would not consider bar or pub food well maybe deserts. It may be different on the big ships though.

O'Sheehans does feature prime rib one night but you will not see it listed on the menu. They also have a rib night I believe. This goes pretty much for all their ships or always had when we have sailed on NCL.

OP, as for the night, I am not sure which night it is. Some have claimed they no longer offer it, others will say they had it just last week. Who knows? It is sorta like the buffet now has a couple of specialty nights.

First night on the Escape was prime rib.

Yummmmm! Prime Rib is usually served in O’Sheehan’s and the main dining rooms on the first night of the cruise, and the last time we were on the Dawn, it was also served the last night in O’Sheehan’s, too. We asked when we stopped in for breakfast if it was on the menu and they told us. Sometimes they post the dinner menu for the MDRs early in the day, helps with choosing reservations for later.

O'Shehans have nightly specials including prime rib.

O'Sheehans does feature prime rib one night but you will not see it listed on the menu. They also have a rib night I believe. This goes pretty much for all their ships or always had when we have sailed on NCL.

OP, as for the night, I am not sure which night it is. Some have claimed they no longer offer it, others will say they had it just last week. Who knows? It is sorta like the buffet now has a couple of specialty nights.

I guess I need to sit at a table next time instead of just planing my butt at the bar. Thanks.

Last April when I was on the Breakaway they had stopped the prime rib and bbq rib specials in O'Sheenans. I had asked the staff and they had said it was stopped a few weeks earlier. I was very disappointed as I had enjoyed eating there over the other complimentary places. I am hoping that NCL changed their mind and brought back the O'Sheenans specials....planning another cruise there in October!

If you want prime rib....actually the best place to get it is the buffet as it will be juicy and rare and cut right before you so you can get what you like

2nd best place is mdr and hope for the best as far as everything is concerned. We've been lucky and had great pieces

Last place for prime imho should be osheehans. Pre cut and sitting on a plate with sad looking sides and it will be cold too

I'm sure many will rave about Sheehan prime rib but I've never had a tasty hot juicy prime rib there

Also I'm a big mdr fan...but...prime rib is much better in the buffet

They serve baked potato and whatever you want in the buffet too so it's actually an excellent prime rib dinner.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

If you want prime rib....actually the best place to get it is the buffet as it will be juicy and rare and cut right before you so you can get what you like

2nd best place is mdr and hope for the best as far as everything is concerned. We've been lucky and had great pieces

Last place for prime imho should be osheehans. Pre cut and sitting on a plate with sad looking sides and it will be cold too

I'm sure many will rave about Sheehan prime rib but I've never had a tasty hot juicy prime rib there

Also I'm a big mdr fan...but...prime rib is much better in the buffet

They serve baked potato and whatever you want in the buffet too so it's actually an excellent prime rib dinner.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We had it in the mdr on the last night a few weeks ago on the Dawn. It was good, lots of fat but that is what makes prime rib tender. However, it was not the best prime rib we have ever had. I am not complaining. At the cost of prime rib I would expect the best quality in a basic, standard dining room. We certainly still enjoyed it.

I have looked at the dallies for the Escape/Bermuda and you can find the specials for O'Sheehan and the Buffet. O'Sheehan has prime rib on 2 nights a seafood basket another night and a rib night. Buffet has prime rib on the same night MDR and O'S. The buffet also has a American... BBQ....and a seafood night.

Had this in Grand Pacifica MDR on the Gem, 3 weeks ago, it was offered twice there ... also craved at the meat station in the buffet, pretty sure it the same souce in OSH. Mine being medium, pretty good ... Moderno's variety was obviously superior, IMHO.

Portion size for the sides are larger than before & potatoe wasn't overcooked & dried out.2b6f8982e2dec749b7a0a15804a0cf29.jpg

from Nexus Pixel 2 AOSP Oreo on Tapatalk ... T-Mobile/Fios

I have looked at the dallies for the Escape/Bermuda and you can find the specials for O'Sheehan and the Buffet. O'Sheehan has prime rib on 2 nights a seafood basket another night and a rib night. Buffet has prime rib on the same night MDR and O'S. The buffet also has a American... BBQ....and a seafood night.

good information. I am sure a lot will benefit from this.

• 1 year later...
2 hours ago, cruiseallways said:

MKing Could you tell me what nights they served the prime rib on the Gem   Thanks

Well, it was served on 2 different nights last year ... I don't recall specifically the days of the week - check the Freestyle Dailies, it's now listed there & making it easier once onboard.  Gem is now based mostly in Boston this year, maybe someone off her recently can advise.  

Sometimes, it's offered on Embarkation Night ... not to worry if you missed it, usually available again the next evening in the MDR and/or possibly the Garden Cafe (buffet) on a subsequent night, or vice versa - flipping & changing the sequence a bit.  Then, one of the chefs will probably use it to come up with a beef soup.  

If you are booked on her & sailing her, enjoy ... tempted to do another spin on the Gem soon, again - we just love the mid sized ships.  

I will also put a vote in favor of the buffet prime rib, at least on the breakaway.  I walked up just as the guy was taking it out.  I was worried at first because he cut me a piece off the end and it was pretty well done.  I asked if he had anything more rare and he said sure.  He then split it in two and pink perfection. Nice and tender.  Much better than what I had in the mdr.  I like a thick cut, and the one in the mdr was pretty thin.  

Thanks for all the information.  

I did go back and look at some dailies for the Southern Caribbean on Breakaway from June 4 2019 and it did show some extras (prime rib, bbq ribs and shrimp) in O'Shehans on certain nights.