Four Adults Two Bedroom Aqua Theater Suite

Would appreciate any comments on four adults (self, wife, son and his wife) booked into a Two Bedroom Aqua Theater Suite for a one week Caribbean Cruise.

Expect son and wife to be out and about. Self and wife less so.

Particularly interested in how crowded this would be.

We could book a one bedroom aqua suite and a grand suite but that would entail giving up the Star Class perks for about the same cost.

I would be very reluctant to give up the Star Class perks. There is a large common area and a huge balcony. I don't see how it would be crowded with 4 guests.

We just had 8730 on Oasis in March. My husband and I, our two teenage kids and my sister were in the room. No issues with space or being crowded. It was fantastic. I would do it again in a heart beat!

I wouldn’t worry about being crowded at all. There are two separate bedrooms plus two bathrooms. Not to mention the huge living area and the amazing balcony. If you plan on spending more time in the room, I would keep the 2BR. It’s a win for all

I personally would make the decision on how much privacy you want. There is plenty of room for everyone but only one bedroom has the bathroom inside it. The other bathroom is in the front hallway, and is small like a regular stateroom. Star Class is wonderful but I recently sailed Harmony again without Star Class and the cruise was just as amazing. When comparing costs of the staterooms just remember that with Star Class you really don’t pay extra for anything and the aqua suites are pretty amazing! You’ll have a great time no matter which you pick!!

As long as couple #2 won’t be disappointed in the size of the second bedroom I would say definitely keep the Star Class room. BR #2 is the size of a small interior room but the rest of the space in the 2 BR ATS is enormous (especially on deck 8) and the Star Class treatment is worth the money IMO. Don’t forget to make time for meals out on the balcony. Breakfasts are especially nice as it’s cooler. Amazing.

As long as couple #2 won’t be disappointed in the size of the second bedroom I would say definitely keep the Star Class room. BR #2 is the size of a small interior room but the rest of the space in the 2 BR ATS is enormous (especially on deck 8) and the Star Class treatment is worth the money IMO. Don’t forget to make time for meals out on the balcony. Breakfasts are especially nice as it’s cooler. Amazing.

Waiting to hear from the second couple.

I would be very reluctant to give up the Star Class perks. There is a large common area and a huge balcony. I don't see how it would be crowded with 4 guests.

Another question:

I've booked a one bedroom Aqua theater and a grand suite for this cruise. Both NRD. I wonder how much of the deposits I would lose to change to a two bedroom Aqua theater suite. Looks like the 2 bedroom would be about $100 more than the two suites. The Star perks would probably offset the deposits.

I was recently in Harmony 2 BR ATS 10330. This is a no brainer. The suite is huge including the massive balcony. Star Class perks are an awesome bonus.

The space and storage is massive. Yes it’s a smaller second bedroom but not a big deal IMO. Living room is great.

Enjoy!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Another question:

I've booked a one bedroom Aqua theater and a grand suite for this cruise. Both NRD. I wonder how much of the deposits I would lose to change to a two bedroom Aqua theater suite. Looks like the 2 bedroom would be about $100 more than the two suites. The Star perks would probably offset the deposits.

You would be cancelling one stateroom, so you would lose $100pp for that stateroom. They may just let you apply the remaining deposit to the new stateroom without making you go through the FCC process.

You would be cancelling one stateroom, so you would lose $100pp for that stateroom. They may just let you apply the remaining deposit to the new stateroom without making you go through the FCC process.

That's what I'm hoping. The Star Perks far outweigh the deposits.

We will have 6 adults and 2 children (6 and 10 months) in 8330 in August. I'll let everyone know. I anticipate it will be cozy when everyone is getting ready for dinner, but the perks and the balcony are worth it.

Then again, dinner from Chops on the balcony will solve that problem.

mac_tlc

Just got the go-ahead from the other couple. Pretty much a formality since I'm paying. Will contact TA tomorrow. Will update.

Please report back on if you will lose the deposit for the second room since you are staying on the same sailing.

Privacy would be the only issue. Wife and I did this cabin with my folks and again recently by ourselves. Sharing it is no issue if you are used to sharing lodging. But the second bathroom requires one be comfortable with less privacy.

Also if you are splitting the cost that is difficult b/c the inside room is hard to compare to the bigger room. If you are flipping the bill I would imagine they would be quite happy with the set up if the privacy scenario is ok with them.

We (Me and DH) shared an AQ 2br suite on the Allure with my parents and it was AWESOME. I agree with others it’s less privacy than two separate rooms, but if that is not an issue the shared common space and huge balcony are amazing. I don’t think this is the case for your group but my dad has limited mobility so hanging out in the balcony and still feeling a part of the action was another bonus.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Those that say it doesn't matter how you book a cruise are wrong. My TA went to bat for me. After several calls, she was able to convince RCI to upgrade both cabins (1 bdr ATS and 1 bdr GS) to a single two bdr ATS with no penalty. I had previously paid two $500 deposits. Both deposits were credited against the new room.

The bad news: the new booking did cost $68 more than the old bookings.

The good news: the new booking has all the STAR perks.

A great TA can make the difference.

Those that say it doesn't matter how you book a cruise are wrong. My TA went to bat for me. After several calls, she was able to convince RCI to upgrade both cabins (1 bdr ATS and 1 bdr GS) to a single two bdr ATS with no penalty. I had previously paid two $500 deposits. Both deposits were credited against the new room.

That’s awesome!!! $68 for Star Class perks sounds like a great deal!!!

Good to hear and thanks for reporting back.