What year and what ship was your first cruise?

fla gang

September 2011 MS Statendam. Delayed a day departing Seward. Seven day cruise to Vancouver with just one port, a restocking port day in Juneau. 50 ft. seas, hurricane force winds. We had waves in the swimming pool that emptied the pool the first day out of Seward. We had a great time anyway.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Forums mobile app

SS Nevassa in 1970! This was a ship that carried parties of school children from the UK and was the only opportunity most of us had for a holiday abroad! We slept in dormitories in bunk beds, about 12 to a room, with an adjoining bathroom with only 2 showers between the 12 girls. We ate canteen style, queuing for food at a counter and clearing our own tables.

A very different experience from my cruises these days!

Our first cruise was QM2 transatlantic N.Y. to Southampton non stop in 2006. the kids always wanted to go to NYC and hubby and I always wanted to try a cruise. A really good deal came up on QM so it was the perfect opportunity to do both. We loved it - the enrichment programme was amazing and the had a planetarium ! Next cruise was once the kids had left home on carnival but since then we have cruised only on Royal Caribbean.

1991...American Hawaii Cruise Lines...SS Constitution

Remember her well. Owned by American Export Lines when we emigrated to the US from Italy. Hit a terrible storm in the Atlantic and dining room was empty. Also, had ropes & sea sick bags in hallways.:D

.She had a sister ship "Independence".

1997 - Celebrity Meridian, NYC to Bermuda. Third last voyage for her with Celebrity. She was sold soon after when RCL bought Celebrity. Really beautiful ship, she caught fire and sank in southeast Asia less than two years later. A real shame.

Sent from my XT1650 using Forums mobile app

December 2015 on The Allure of the Seas

Sent from my SM-G950U using Forums mobile app

Start big! I'll be curious what you think if you try a small(er) ship. Having sailed on small to large, I seem good at setting my expectations and having a good time no matter what.

1982 Costa Flavia for our High school senior class trip with my girlfriend(now Wife), a couple hundred classmates, and 3 chaperones.

Did you get married 9 months after that trip? I'm totally kidding, congrats on the long marriage. What made me laugh was the reminder when you pointed out couple hundred kids and 3 chaperones. Sounds like my senior trip, a trip to Washington DC and the US Bicentennial. Add in the chaperones went to bed at 10.