What year and what ship was your first cruise?

fla gang

Began my love ( and addiction) to cruising in 1989 on the majestic lady, the SS Norway. How I miss that ole time cruise experience. I love the new ships and technology, but I really miss the glamour, the seven course (complimentary) dinners with many table side offering ( Steak Diane, Cherry Jubilee, Cesar Salad,) the mid-night buffet's, outdoor promenades, paper streamers at sail-a-way, to just mention a few.

1972 - Eastern Steamship Line, (so long ago, I don't remember the name of the ship.) It was a short summer girls trip to Nassau and back from Miami and then a stay on the beach for a few days.

1982 - Carnival Mardi Gras - the first cruise I took with my husband. 7 nights W Caribbean. It got us hooked.

It was 1966 and the Oceanic was new. Before we started a family, we wanted a trip and although most people I knew had never cruised, we decided that was the trip we wanted. A few observations: First it was very formal and the dress code WAS enforced. Second there was no nickel and diming and drinks were very cheap. And lastly the price we paid was actually in a similar range of what we might pay if we snatch a bargain today. Supply and demand, perhaps.

Exactly. Oceanic was definitely one of a kind. That ship and the experience will never be duplicated. I'm not sure it could be, at any price. Things (and people) were just different then.

1979 on RCI's Song of Norway. The ship had been cut in half and lengthened the year before. I was 9, my brother was 14, and there were over 50 (yes, 50!) kids on the ship (week before Christmas), so they hired 2 children's cruise directors who actually took us OFF THE SHIP on our own tours of the islands (Puerto Plata (Dominican Republic), St. Thomas, and Puerto Rico). Could you imagine them doing that nowadays?!?! One of my favorite memories was building ice cream sundaes with my dad every afternoon and eating them on the pool deck while listening to the steel drum band. EVERYONE dressed up for dinner, cherries jubilee served table side and lit on fire by Maitre'd, waiters walking through dining room with flaming Baked Alaska, midnight buffets every night. Passengers were given a list of passenger names, addresses, etc. Dang- privacy laws sure have changed. ;p

December 2014, Brilliance of the Seas. Mom and Dad took my brother, me, and our significant others as a Christmas present. We decided during sailaway to get married. Waited until December 2016 for #2, and haven't looked back since...#10 in 3 weeks, #11-#14 already booked.

My first back in USSR was in 1986 at 14 yo on Admiral Nachimov (former Berlin). Ship sunk 5 months after our cruise after collision with cargo ship Vasyov.

Then we had two Volga River cruises in 90 and 91 on Komarno.

In North America we started to cruise in 2003 on Celebrity Century. It was a great cruise which set bar high.

Since then we cruised 35 times with 8 lines and only completely abandoned one.

RCCL wasn’t our favorite from the beginning, that place went to Celebrity and Princess, but geographical convenience and overall quality made it our most sailed line... and now with 10 cruises and becoming Diamonds after our upcoming cruise on Adventure it will be really difficult to choose anything else except RCCL and Celebrity. :)

August 1997, The Disney Magic. Many cruises have followed and The Disney Magic was the "hook". I have done Princess, Disney, Celebrity and NCL. It is all contingent on price and itinerary on who we choose to sail with.

2015 on Celebrity Solstice to the South Pacific - This voyage made me fall in love with cruising[emoji873]️

Completed Cruises:

1. Celebrity Solstice - 10nt South Pacific Cruise 18th January 2015: Stateroom 8287 Obstructed Balcony

2. Ovation of the Seas - 14nt New Zealand Cruise 9th January 2017: Stateroom 13270 Balcony

Upcoming Cruises:

1. Norwegian Jewel - 13nt South Pacific and Queensland Cruise 5 January 2019: Stateroom 10544 Balcony