I know it's been talked about BUT

cruiser2053

I know its been talked about but it's so frustrating I have to bring it up again and I know Celebrities ship are probably always full but I have to believe that they loose business because of their absolutely crappy website, you all know what I mean

ENOUGH SAID

I wonder if the reason is that X's main customer demographic is older, less tech friendly and primarily uses TA's and/or X's customer service phone.

Maybe but its frustrating if you want to use it and it is unusable. If they don't want to make it work properly then they should just put a phone number with no other options

If you think Celebrity's site is bad, try dealing with their sister line, Royal Caribbean.

I'm not sure which is worse.

Same parent company, same lame web designers.

Edited by Fla Mike
spelling

I wonder if the reason is that X's main customer demographic is older, less tech friendly and primarily uses TA's and/or X's customer service phone.

No, its an old website

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

If you think Celebrity's site is bad, try dealing with their sister line, Royal Caribbean.

I'm not sure which is worse.

Same parent company, same lame web designers.

What I find interesting is how well Princes, Carnival, and NCL's websites work. If they can get it why can't Celebrity

Dues to the popularity of this two cruise lines there may be a challenge for them to maintain the website.

I am not tech savvy and I don't encounter much problem.I don't know why.

May be a new computer may solve your problem.

When I see a website that works so poorly (and i am struggling to think of a commercial website that is as poor from an operational perspective) one of the things that is foremost in my mind is "just how much confidence do i have that my personal and financial data is being handled properly". If you can't build a functional website I need some convincing that I should be plugging my details into it!

They want us to use the website to check in on line and save THEM money at check -in (I don't believe it saves me any time). they want us to book our holidays, excursions and various packages and save THEM money by us not ringing a call centre - yet they won't fix their site, so why should we?

I don't have any issues with Celebrity's (or RCs) website. Always able to do mock bookings to check prices and perks. Always able to get in my cruise planner and book SD times and shore excursions. Always able to review my calendar. Always able to do our online check in. Even our number of cruises tier levels and points are correct. The only issue I had for our last cruise was I had to call the CCs desk to request our luggage tags. The online ordering didn't work. I use a lap top, windows 10 using ME or IE.

Well, their desired demographic is 35-40-ish working people who don’t have much time off. So you’d think they’d make their website more useable.

I’m older and very tech-friendly, having worked in the IT field for most of my career. I’m so glad I have an agent to make my bookings, because otherwise I don’t think they ever get made!

Ongoing problems right now with people trying to sign up for Meet & Mingle on our Sept.23rd cruise. Maybe it's Celebrity's way of doing away with these get togethers? Probably not, probably just the same inadequate IT system.

I don't have any issues with Celebrity's (or RCs) website. Always able to do mock bookings to check prices and perks. Always able to get in my cruise planner and book SD times and shore excursions. Always able to review my calendar. Always able to do our online check in. Even our number of cruises tier levels and points are correct. The only issue I had for our last cruise was I had to call the CCs desk to request our luggage tags. The online ordering didn't work. I use a lap top, windows 10 using ME or IE.

After months of issues with the Celebrity site I did discover that Celebrity's website didn't get on with a popular ad blocker that I had running on Google Chrome (no issue with any other site).

Thanks - I thought it was just me although I usually use Chrome. But I don't think I've ever had an issue. But then again, once booked, other than looking for price decreases, I don't use it much,

Sorry for those that have an issue.

What I find interesting is how well Princes, Carnival, and NCL's websites work. If they can get it why can't Celebrity

Haven’t tried Princess but I don’t care how great NCL or Carnival’s website works their onboard experience isn’t ones I would repeat.

I don’t normally have problems with the Celebrity website, got through setting up the new log-in info today with only 2 tries (1 was a typo error).

All 5 bookings are there, past cruise History is correct, Cruise Planner working & spendable OBC is showing & is accurate.

After months of issues with the Celebrity site I did discover that Celebrity's website didn't get on with a popular ad blocker that I had running on Google Chrome (no issue with any other site).

Excellent info as a lot of us are using some sort of ad blocker. I use adblock plus on ME and IE with no issues.

Dues to the popularity of this two cruise lines there may be a challenge for them to maintain the website.

I am not tech savvy and I don't encounter much problem.I don't know why.

May be a new computer may solve your problem.

Even if it was a challenge they would make it happen if it affected sales. Since their ships are always full, they have no incentive to improve. I guess that's a good thing for the call center & TA business.

I think if one 'knows' and 'accepts' that X's website is "crappy" what is the reason to continue to use it and be frustrated and vent and ????

There are other options to book, contact and interact with X, resort to those or wait for the site to be friendly for you before booking again, as there are other websites with the same info on X's sailings as X has with great display of available inventory, if that is required.

Even not using X's site, one can check in at the pier, call for luggage tags and whole bevy of other items without going to the site, in my opine. I have had very very few issues with the site, personally, and empathize with those who do, to some degree, there are alternatives, use them and not wish for it to work like it needs to be... LOL the operative fragment is 'needs to be'.

bon voyage

I think if one 'knows' and 'accepts' that X's website is "crappy" what is the reason to continue to use it and be frustrated and vent and ????

There are other options to book, contact and interact with X, resort to those or wait for the site to be friendly for you before booking again, as there are other websites with the same info on X's sailings as X has with great display of available inventory, if that is required.

Even not using X's site, one can check in at the pier, call for luggage tags and whole bevy of other items without going to the site, in my opine. I have had very very few issues with the site, personally, and empathize with those who do, to some degree, there are alternatives, use them and not wish for it to work like it needs to be... LOL the operative fragment is 'needs to be'.

bon voyage

My frustration is due to the fact that websites are my, and probably many other people, preferred way of interaction as it concerns booking travel. There is more of a sense of control and peace when I do it myself. At least I know that I'm getting what I want and can only blame myself if there are any errors.

Additionally, Xs branding is "modern luxury" so they really should fulfill that statement.

bon voyage

My frustration is due to the fact that websites are my, and probably many other people, preferred way of interaction as it concerns booking travel. There is more of a sense of control and peace when I do it myself. At least I know that I'm getting what I want and can only blame myself if there are any errors.

Additionally, Xs branding is "modern luxury" so they really should fulfill that statement.

And it’s very easy to feel like second-class customer when you can’t do things on line, you have to wait on hold for long stretches if you try to do things by phone or end up taking twice as long as everyone else to check in at the pier without an express pass or luggage tags.

Why should Celebrity bother to have an interactive website at all if it doesn’t work for everyone? Should their ad slogan be “Modern luxury for some, struggle and frustration for others. Try us and see which one YOU get!”

I have encountered other websites that represent X, where one can do their reservations and even pay online without any interaction with a human. Tours too.

As for the branding, 'Modern Luxury' is for the cruise itself and most likely does not include the booking process through its' website... LOL

I can agree they need to work in harmony with each other (website and cruise) yet as we all know some individuals have issues with one or the other and sometimes both... what a conundrum?

I have had relatively few issues with the website and/or the sailings we have taken.

I understand how it can be a painful encounter rather it be website or food or beverage package etc...

bon voyage

I don’t think it is just about having full ships. The website is a portal to spend substantial additional money- bev packages, excursions, etc, etc. You want to make that as easy as possible to increase the probability during each exposure that money is spent. Also, you don’t just want full ships, you (celebrity) want full ships at the highest price point while maintaining customer satisfaction.

Glitches in a website is an obstacle management should address because... well... if nothing else, better IT is probably cheaper than more call center people.

I use Chrome 99% of the time. I either book on a cruise or have our TA do the booking. The biggest problem I have had was not Celebrities website, but my setting in Chrome or Edge dealing with Celebrities website. Our last cruise out of Hong Kong I left our paper work at home. I think we got through check in faster without the paper work they want us to fill out.

RC and Celebrity don't have a monopoly on website issues. We have an Oceania cruise scheduled for later this year. Every time I tried to book shore excursions I got an error message at the last step after entering credit card info. The message was "ERROR". I tried different credit cards, cleared everything and started over next day. Nothing worked. Finally had to book them over the phone. I don't actually have much trouble with Celebrity's website.