Azura info for those going soon

glennbtn

Hi all

Just waiting to disembark and thought the info may be of some use to others.

Jacuzzi’s most don’t work as the button to start the bubbling process is busted. There are 2 that do work at the Oasis adult only pool.

Watch out when buying photos especially when staying in Europe. Vat is not included in the prices displayed. Also before purchasing check with staff the photo you want is part of the deal listed. Had lots of agro here getting charged higher amounts thank the offer shown in the horizon magazine.

If your on C deck in the 520’s range you may have to chase you cabin steward Rose. Would say they have been great on other cruises but we found stuff all splattered over the mirror, which was never cleaned for the whole cruise. Also hit and miss if she tops up the biscuits daily. If you have it’s on the floor, don’t expect it to get hovered up at all.

The entertainment manager is a very jolly chap and we had 1 of the best sail away party’s of any P&O cruise so far.

Hope this helps people out.

Hi all

Just waiting to disembark and thought the info may be of some use to others.

Jacuzzi’s most don’t work as the button to start the bubbling process is busted. There are 2 that do work at the Oasis adult only pool.

Watch out when buying photos especially when staying in Europe. Vat is not included in the prices displayed. Also before purchasing check with staff the photo you want is part of the deal listed. Had lots of agro here getting charged higher amounts thank the offer shown in the horizon magazine.

If your on C deck in the 520’s range you may have to chase you cabin steward Rose. Would say they have been great on other cruises but we found stuff all splattered over the mirror, which was never cleaned for the whole cruise. Also hit and miss if she tops up the biscuits daily. If you have it’s on the floor, don’t expect it to get hovered up at all.

The entertainment manager is a very jolly chap and we had 1 of the best sail away party’s of any P&O cruise so far.

Hope this helps people out.

Thanks for the heads up. The Jacuzzis were not working back in January in the caribbean either.

It is easy to blame the staff but the real fault lies with P&O with the increase in their workload more cabins to clean in same amount of time its plainly obvious that standards will drop but P&O seem happy in the lowering of standards.

It is easy to blame the staff but the real fault lies with P&O with the increase in their workload more cabins to clean in same amount of time its plainly obvious that standards will drop but P&O seem happy in the lowering of standards.

As I've said elsewhere, as long as pax give their stewards an excellent rating (because they have been asked to, and/or because they believe that the steward will lose money if they don't) P&O will continue to increase the workload. They will use the ratings as proof that their passengers are happy with the service.

If it's alright to name crew members when they are being praised, why should it be different if they give poor service?

I never mentioned good or bad.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Rather then help it does the opposite, IMO mean spirited and personnel.

Sorry

mercury7289, how is it mean spirited and personal to advise future passengers that a facility they are paying for as an inclusive part of their holiday may not be working (hopefully P&O will effect repairs quickly); that the photo package pricing is perhaps not as clear as it could be, so double check what is included in the price before you order/buy; that the stateroom servicing that is also included in the price of your holiday is not all that it could be if you are in a certain run of cabins, and that the OP thought the entertainments manager good (we all have our personal opinions on what constitutes a good EM)? When I go on holiday I hope/expect that all the facilities and services will be in full working order and as advertised. Many posters have complained on here about leaks, faulty bathroom plumbing, sub-standard food, poor hygiene, expensive drinks, etc. etc. etc. How is this any different, other than the OP mentioned the steward by name, which was perhaps inadvisable? Just curious as to what prompted your comment.

groovechick

The Op were waiting to get off, some of the readers may have been waiting to get on!

For them, their holiday would have started out as a positive, and this maybe turned it into a negative.

I am not affected

Not Good

The worst thing about Azura is the Sea Screen, its well advertised but it has terrible, terrible picture quality. It is well and truly useless!

Entertainment Manager, Leon was good this cruise.

Out of all P&O ships, Azura is the one that seems to get the best reviews, going on her 3 weeks today, our first on Azura on C deck but nearer the front, so hoping we get a good steward. In 7 cruises, we have had all excellent stewards apart from one, who was a bit miserable as he was going home after our cruise so understandable.

The worst thing about Azura is the Sea Screen, its well advertised but it has terrible, terrible picture quality. It is well and truly useless!

Really? Oh dear. We were on her 4-5 years ago and it was terrible then. Was hoping they would have done something about it by now.

groovechick

The Op were waiting to get off, some of the readers may have been waiting to get on!

For them, their holiday would have started out as a positive, and this maybe turned it into a negative.

I am not affected

Not Good

Thank you mercury7289, I take your point.

Really? Oh dear. We were on her 4-5 years ago and it was terrible then. Was hoping they would have done something about it by now.

Nope! Its unbelievable really. I can only assume it is a major job to repair - does Azura have a scheduled refit? I guess it might be soonish seeing as Ventura recently had hers.

In any case the screen needs to be re-worked, because it clearly cannot last as it is.

SeaScreen was unwatchable during our cruise, both sound and picture terrible. We struggled through one film, tried again a few nights later because we hoped they might have rectified the problem and it was a film we really wanted to see, but gave up after a short time. There were lots of complaints at the time and it was one of the things I highlighted on the end of cruise survey. Either they've fixed it in the interim and it's on the blink again, or they've let it go for 5 years and clearly don't think it's a priority.

Apart from the very poor sea screen has Azura still got those useless completely outdated small TV's so loved by P&O? useless for anyone like me who has poor eyesight that is. 32" plus smart TV's are the norm these these days and P&O seem very slow in updating theirs to all the fleet.

Despite the sea screen and even if the TVs are still useless we do like the Azura.:) and are joining her this coming Saturday for the Baltic cruise.:D

Thanks glennbtn, really looking forward to saturday....how was embarkation, we have a time of 15.00 but will be getting there about 13.00ish as my son is dropping us off, we dont mind hanging around though..but if we do get on a bit earlier happy days.:p....errr sorry to be going off topic a bit

Hi Barrie

No worries. If your getting dropped of then should be fine. CPS had us queuing in the sun for 30 minutes before collecting the car. They did not seem to have enough staff, also needed to wait for porters as they were a bit few and far between.

Once inside they did not even look at the ticket and just gave us the next boarding card letter for boarding which we only waited about 10 minutes.