Help me put a value on a Grand Suite

So I’m booked into a balcony for my upcoming Anthem cruise.

There are GS available. I will appreciate the extra space, but don’t need it.

How much money could I save onboard considering we drink (borderline if a package is worrth it though), we like speciality restuarants (but maybe would only do 2 possbilty 3), we will probably have to buy some internet.

I like the sound of coastal kitchen, hard to value this as I can’t have it anyhow without the suite.

What value could I additionally get from a suite and is there anything notable that I’ve missed both benefit wise and that could further save onboard expense?

We are only platinum and never been in anything higher up the tree than a superior balcony before.

We have been in a Grand Suite twice.

I think you will get a number of opinions here but personally we don't view the added additional cost of a GS against what we could then possibly save whilst on board, only because you can holiday quite nicely without them.

The perks are great and we like priority boarding, reserved sun loungers, the suite party, concierge lounge, larger room etc.

If you can get a GS for what is a 'reasonable' extra cost to your balcony then I would certainly recommend you go for it.

However if we can't get a GS for a reasonable price then like our last cruise on Oasis we were in an inside cabin. Our next cruise on Adventure is in a GS because its a good price.

I'd really recommend you are comfortable with what you pay for the GS, I think you may be disappointed if you start having to make up value from the perks that you receive from it whilst on board.

Enjoy your cruise whatever you decide :)

Double points! We like it but we are Emerald and working our way to Diamond, this next cruise will do it. We like the GS, we like the lounge, reserved seating, free room service and mostly the larger room.

I get there are a number of perks that have a perceived value, like those you mention. For some these could be worth $10, for others $1000.

But I was more getting at the actual savings I might make onboard, for example, having to buy extra drinks (some will be included), is the internet cheaper or included. Are any special dining venues included.

We will spend a good $1k on these things anyhow. Or do I have to be even higher up the tree to get perks that will reduce these onboard costs?

... How much money could I save onboard considering we drink (borderline if a package is worrth it though), ... .

Remember that the "free" drinks for suites is only during 3.5 hours every evening, so if you like to drink during the day, the suite will not help much.

you don't have room service charges and you can order off the MDR menu when the MDR is open. The value has to include what is your time worth to you. In a GS you have Suite Lounge access and 1 or 2 nights a future cruise consultant will be there to book your cruise so you don't have to wait in line at the Next Cruise office (or make an appt), you have reserved seating in the theater so you don't waste time looking for seats, same for pool loungers. You have a reserved section. If you don't drink much, then the nightly cocktail hour in the Suite Lounge would do for you and you won't have to buy the Deluxe Beverage package, but then you're limited on what you can drink and its only in the evening (no morning Bloody mary's in WJ!). The Suite party has no value as you can get the same food anywhere on the ship, it's just a shoulder rubbing event with officers so who cares if the Hotel Director walks by and says Hi (or the captain for that matter). I just upgraded to a GS from a JS for an additional $172 because my cabin mate has never cruised before and now she will have access to the Suite Lounge with me. I couldn't pass up a GS at that price.

you don't have room service charges and you can order off the MDR menu when the MDR is open. The value has to include what is your time worth to you. In a GS you have Suite Lounge access and 1 or 2 nights a future cruise consultant will be there to book your cruise so you don't have to wait in line at the Next Cruise office (or make an appt), you have reserved seating in the theater so you don't waste time looking for seats, same for pool loungers. You have a reserved section. If you don't drink much, then the nightly cocktail hour in the Suite Lounge would do for you and you won't have to buy the Deluxe Beverage package, but then you're limited on what you can drink and its only in the evening (no morning Bloody mary's in WJ!). The Suite party has no value as you can get the same food anywhere on the ship, it's just a shoulder rubbing event with officers so who cares if the Hotel Director walks by and says Hi (or the captain for that matter). I just upgraded to a GS from a JS for an additional $172 because my cabin mate has never cruised before and now she will have access to the Suite Lounge with me. I couldn't pass up a GS at that price.

That's a great value at $172

Is there a grade of suite where speiclaity dining, drinks (whenver) and internet are included?

Assuming if so, it ain’t the basic GS?

Star Class suites on Oasis and Quantum classes.

Is there a grade of suite where speiclaity dining, drinks (whenver) and internet are included?

GS on Anthem are part of Royal Suite Class, which is available on Oasis class ships and Quantum class ships. You will get free internet, access to Coastal Kitchen for breakfast lunch and dinner and access to the suite lounge. Free specialty dining is for Star Class suites.

That sounds like a fantastic priced upgrade.

We really like grand suites , last 6 cruises we had one, not sure if ladabee is a port for you but suite beach and buffet are great, priority for and tender , embarkation , also getting off the ship, size of suite and bathroom are also really nice. Would perfer a suite lounge since they are less crowded than concierge.

There is but it's not a GS. Free drink packages are ONLY a perk of the Star class Suites & on the Quantum ships only.

I just upgraded from a balcony room to a GS on Allure. I couldn't pass it up. My husband and I are celebrating our anniversary and we never had a honeymoon. All of our travel is either visiting family or work travel. This is a treat for us. With that said...I can't seem to find exactly what we get with the GS on Allure...not even on RC website. We already purchased the drink package (it was BOGO) and dining in 2 specialty restaurants. I read we get free internet, priority boarding. I have no idea what the concierge service entails. I couldn't find anything about the coastal restaurant. Is there someone I can call to find out how to maximize all our extra perks? This is my husbands first cruise and my 3rd (long weekenders on Carnival). How do I let the staff know we are celebrating our anniversary? Are there special perks in the spa? We are sailing on August 12th to Western Caribbean. Any help from past Allure cruisers would be awesome!

I just upgraded from a balcony room to a GS on Allure. I couldn't pass it up. My husband and I are celebrating our anniversary and we never had a honeymoon. All of our travel is either visiting family or work travel. This is a treat for us. With that said...I can't seem to find exactly what we get with the GS on Allure...not even on RC website. We already purchased the drink package (it was BOGO) and dining in 2 specialty restaurants. I read we get free internet, priority boarding. I have no idea what the concierge service entails. I couldn't find anything about the coastal restaurant. Is there someone I can call to find out how to maximize all our extra perks? This is my husbands first cruise and my 3rd (long weekenders on Carnival). How do I let the staff know we are celebrating our anniversary? Are there special perks in the spa? We are sailing on August 12th to Western Caribbean. Any help from past Allure cruisers would be awesome!

A GS on Allure is a Sky Class suite: http://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Royal/Suites/16049781_RSC_Trade_Flyer.pdf

I just upgraded from a balcony room to a GS on Allure.!

Good move...really good. We had our first GS this last January...love love loved it! We had all the booz we could possibly tolerate;p in the suite lounge. I think we actually bought a couple boarding day...thats it. Breakfasts in Giovanni's too... Additionally, it was on the lowly Vision, but the extra space, storage and attentive steward was worth the xtra for us. It was a 5 day cruise and we do her again next April again in a GS. The pricing for the short cruises is too good not to...long weekend cost us $1279 for 2 in a GS. Maybe if I can spot a good deal on a 7day, I will do that. I liked it!