Questions on the NEW Internet options being offered

They did offer the unlimited packages on the Coral May 30 sailing. We just opted to use our free 120 minutes. They offered us the chance to upgrade to unlimited for a price, but I don't recall what it was.

Headed out on CB early next year. Does anyone know if & when the new internet packages will be rolled out on CB? Regardless of cost, these packages are much better than the per minute packages.:) :)

Headed out on CB early next year. Does anyone know if & when the new internet packages will be rolled out on CB? Regardless of cost, these packages are much better than the per minute packages.:) :)

We were on the CB in April and the internet was the worst we've ever had on a Princess ship. They have completed the TV service (similar to pay per view, but no charge), and are beginning installation of some of the Medallion stuff. However, given that they don't have the Medallion stuff working on any ship at this point, completion of the process may be a long time in coming. I don't believe they are announcing any sort of a time line as everything they have announced has been way off. Better to "under-promise" and "over-deliver" than to be paying OBC to disappointed cruisers.

looks like the complimentary Medallionet on the Regal is no longer unlimited and comped for elites and platinum...at least not on a cruise we have booked on Regal in November 2018 ... it's now 59.95 for pre-purchase ... I 'guess' we will still get our 150 minutes each for being Platinum??

looks like the complimentary Medallionet on the Regal is no longer unlimited and comped for elites and platinum...at least not on a cruise we have booked on Regal in November 2018 ... it's now 59.95 for pre-purchase ... I 'guess' we will still get our 150 minutes each for being Platinum??

Does it list that as being a price specifically for those with the plat/elite benefit? Or is that a price anyone can pre-purchase?

when using your free minutes, what package did you get to use? That's the question that we have. Low, Middle or Upper bandwith.
Sorry, did not notice when I redeemed our minutes that it indicated the bandwidth, which is why I just posted what I was able to do...

Sent from my SM-G930R6 using Forums mobile app

This is what I asked princess...

@PrincessCruises Regarding the ships that have unlimited internet packages, which package do Platinum/Elites receive?

This is their response

You will still receive the same number of internet minutes, which do not have any restrictions on which sites you can visit, or you can upgrade to a new unlimited package at a reduced rate. We hope to welcome you onboard soon!

it didn't specially state limited to plats/.elite - but I was logged into to my account..

Being logged into your account does not make it show options only for those with the plat/elite benefits. You are seeing the same pricing that anybody would see.

When only packages with minutes are offered, it is willing to sell the packages to anybody, even those with plat/elite Internet benefits.

The unlimited package is only offered complimentary on cruises designated as an ***** Preview Cruise.

I am pretty sure it did not specify bandwidth when we opted to use our minutes. I was able to check my email, browse and post to social media and search internet. Pictures were a bit slow to load, but served my purposes fine.

I don't know about the Emerald, but the packages will be on the Grand in January. You should ask them on Twitter, seems to be the best response rate.

Emerald is offering by-the-minute plans for 4 Dec.

Regal had been offering by-bandwidth plans for 19 Apr '19 last week, but is now offering no internet plans.

I suspect asking which ship will be using what sort of plans is kinda like asking me what I plan for lunch 3

weeks from Tuesday. :o

Being logged into your account does not make it show options only for those with the plat/elite benefits. You are seeing the same pricing that anybody would see.

When only packages with minutes are offered, it is willing to sell the packages to anybody, even those with plat/elite Internet benefits.

So if a plat/elite pax pre-purchases a package that s/b free does Princess still allow them to make the pre-purchase?

Since this thread has TOTALLY gone off the rails, and no one has been able to give a definative answer regarding the OP’s original question, I (the OP) respectfully ask that a new thread be started. I have ZERO interest in receiving updates on this ongoing debate on what Princess may or may not give or grant to Platinum or Elites on various ships on various future sailings regarding internet plans!

Since this thread has TOTALLY gone off the rails, and no one has been able to give a definative answer regarding the OP’s original question, I (the OP) respectfully ask that a new thread be started. I have ZERO interest in receiving updates on this ongoing debate on what Princess may or may not give or grant to Platinum or Elites on various ships on various future sailings regarding internet plans!

In words of few syllables: "Such plans are in a state of flux." Not even Princess is sure what they are going to

do about high latitude (e.g. Alaska) internet plans from one week to the next. Alaska, with satellites low in the

sky and vulnerable to terrain masking (or just plain below the horizon) has proven to be particularly thorny for

by-bandwidth plans.

Considering that I could never get a whole email messages to download, I wouldn’t consider any of there plans.

same here - but it may have been a me problem - using Outlook/Hotmail...got the endless 'circle' - then 'server not responding'

and this was just off the Regal in the Caribbean in March - but my wife could do all the fakebook, qvc, facetime things with no problem...

same here - but it may have been a me problem - using Outlook/Hotmail...got the endless 'circle' - then 'server not responding'

and this was just off the Regal in the Caribbean in March - but my wife could do all the fakebook, qvc, facetime things with no problem...

As I understand it, Regal's bottom by-bandwidth tier only allows connection to certain IP addresses, and you

need to upgrade to at least the middle tier for connectivity to the whole internet.

this was still the "unlimited Medallionet" as we are at the Platinum level...

::nods::

But "Unlimited MedallionNet" comes in 3 tiers. "Unlimited" as to minutes, not necessarily to sites or bandwidth :')