Amsterdam Crows nest... changed?

Moriah

Yes, I'm happy to hear that. I'll be on Amsterdam in August to Alaska and I'm daydreaming about pulling into those ports and watching from the Crows Nest (sometimes it's cold on deck!).

We will be boarding Amsterdam for the same Alaska cruise in 3 weeks. I will let you know how it goes!

Yes, I'm happy to hear that. I'll be on Amsterdam in August to Alaska and I'm daydreaming about pulling into those ports and watching from the Crows Nest (sometimes it's cold on deck!).

I was just on Eurodam with the new EXC-style Crows Nest in Alaska. No dance floor

and a well-ignored bar, but for sightseeing -- especially in Glacier Bay, with the NPS

Rangers aboard -- it worked very well.

As for the new "instrument panel" screens front and center? They simply meant that

folks put table chairs between them and the windshields instead of the deck chairs

that are strung out along the rest of the front glass.

As for docking? Lots of glass, port and starboard, but table chairs instead of deck chairs.

I was just on Eurodam ..s.

Yes, I had heard about this and was asking specifically about Amsterdam, hoping the changes are not going fleet-wide and that Amsterdam hadn't been "tampered with" on her recent dry dock. :)

Yes, I had heard about this and was asking specifically about Amsterdam, hoping the changes are not going fleet-wide and that Amsterdam hadn't been "tampered with" on her recent dry dock. :)

Understood. My point was that for seeing Alaska, the new layout *works*.

IMNSHO, using the Crows Nest as a ...lookout post there, beats using it as a lounge, even if it was a great lounge. Were we docked among the refineries at Willemstad, Curaçao, my answer would be different, tho :halo:

I was on the Amsterdam for her repositioning voyage immediately after dry dock. The Crows Nest was untouched, other than some "refreshing." Still a great place to hang out!

Edi

YAY! Now that's exactly what i wanted to hear! Can't wait until August when I board the Amsterdam. Thank you!

• 3 months later...
I was on the Amsterdam for her repositioning voyage immediately after dry dock. The Crows Nest was untouched, other than some "refreshing." Still a great place to hang out!

Edi

can one get a cappuccino there or does one have to do down to the Explorer's cafe? I can't find any good pictures of the entire Crow's Nest on the Amsterdam to tell if the coffee and sweets are up there.

can one get a cappuccino there or does one have to do down to the Explorer's cafe? I can't find any good pictures of the entire Crow's Nest on the Amsterdam to tell if the coffee and sweets are up there.

Unless they moved Explorations it’s still by the library.

Correct.

Can you get any coffee at all in the Crow's Nest? We are 4 Star Mariners who are lucky we have cruised mostly on the HAL ships that moved the Exploration's Cafe to the Crow's Nest. Not a deal breaker but certainly a disappointment.

Can you get any coffee at all in the Crow's Nest? We are 4 Star Mariners who are lucky we have cruised mostly on the HAL ships that moved the Exploration's Cafe to the Crow's Nest. Not a deal breaker but certainly a disappointment.

Nope; no coffee/specialty coffees in the Crow's Nest on AMDM, her three sisters, and on Maasdam/Veendam; Besides the MDR, Lido, Neptune Lounge and PG, java can be had in the Explorations Cafe which, on the "S" and "R"-class ships is located adjacent the library on Deck 8 ("S") and on Deck 5 ("R"), port side, aft

Just get your coffee 'to go' and take it to the Crow's Nest. Easy :D

I actually prefer the Crow's Nest sans coffee shop. I enjoy the fact that the Explorations Cafe is in another part of the ship and is a lovely space of its own, and not crammed into the Crow's nest as it now is on all the Vistas, etc. And Amsterdam is small enough so that if I do want to drink coffee on deck nine, it's really not a hassle to buy it or get it on another deck and bring it up there.

I actually prefer the Crow's Nest sans coffee shop. I enjoy the fact that the Explorations Cafe is in another part of the ship and is a lovely space of its own, and not crammed into the Crow's nest as it now is on all the Vistas, etc. .........................

All the Vistas except Noordam which never had her Explorations Cafe, located on Deck 3/Promenade Deck, starboard side forward, moved up to the Crow's Nest as was the case with her three older sisters

981991464245539.jpg

324931464245441.jpg

thanks everyone for your prompt responses.

I am a 3 cup type of gal with a little age related mobility issue so I should have researched a bit more before selecting a cabin near the forward elevator - one reason for that selection was the ease of getting to the Crow's Nest to sip coffee and watch Alaska unfold..

Our last 5 HAL cruises were on Vista ships and I suppose I thought all the rest had been re-figured as well.

Ah well, live and learn!...... might have to pack a mega thermos....HAL han't copied NCL and put coffee makers in all cabins has it????

thanks everyone for your prompt responses.

I am a 3 cup type of gal with a little age related mobility issue so I should have researched a bit more before selecting a cabin near the forward elevator - one reason for that selection was the ease of getting to the Crow's Nest to sip coffee and watch Alaska unfold..

Our last 5 HAL cruises were on Vista ships and I suppose I thought all the rest had been re-figured as well.

Ah well, live and learn!...... might have to pack a mega thermos....HAL han't copied NCL and put coffee makers in all cabins has it????

Coffee makers (keurig-type) are only in the Neptune suites. However, there is always room service coffee. You could also establish a close relationship with the Crow's Nest bar staff, since you plan to be there regularly, and ask them if they could bring you a thermos of coffee. Tip accordingly if they do.

Coffee makers (keurig-type) are only in the Neptune suites. However, there is always room service coffee. You could also establish a close relationship with the Crow's Nest bar staff, since you plan to be there regularly, and ask them if they could bring you a thermos of coffee. Tip accordingly if they do.

Good idea...they might have to bring several as DH is a coffee addict as well. I will also ask room service if they provide thermos coffee ..would gladly pay extra....IF... it is real coffee and not that syrupy stuff.

and that reminds me does the Crow's Nest have iced tea? (my southern roots are showing).