Magic problems

It's quite possible one of your "it's MY vacation" self-entitled neighbors pinned their balcony door open wreaking havoc on a/c in all the surrounding rooms.

I am very curious if this rumor is fact. John Heald has specifically denied that an open balcony door effects any cabin's temperature except the one with the open door. But like you I have seen this multiple room effect posited many times. If someone knows about HVAC systems on cruise ships, let us know.

I am very curious if this rumor is fact. John Heald has specifically denied that an open balcony door effects any cabin's temperature except the one with the open door. But like you I have seen this multiple room effect posited many times. If someone knows about HVAC systems on cruise ships, let us know.

After 43 years of working on HVAC systems on ships, including 4 years on cruise ships, I think I might have an idea about how they work, especially more than John Heald. Here is a post I made back in March, but I've done dozens of them over the years, specifically about balcony doors:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=55435571&postcount=42

After 43 years of working on HVAC systems on ships, including 4 years on cruise ships, I think I might have an idea about how they work, especially more than John Heald. Here is a post I made back in March, but I've done dozens of them over the years, specifically about balcony doors:

Very interesting thanks for sharing this

It's quite possible one of your "it's MY vacation" self-entitled neighbors pinned their balcony door open wreaking havoc on a/c in all the surrounding rooms.

Probably not. I’m guessing it’s related to engine problems. Nice try though

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Just read this post by John Heald on another site:

"I have some good news for those of you sailing on one of my favorite ships the Carnival Magic on 6/30

The ships technical issue has been resolved and the ship will sail as scheduled..."

John Heald

"I have some good news for those of you sailing on one of my favorite ships the Carnival Magic on 6/30

The ships technical issue has been resolved and the ship will sail as scheduled..."

John Heald

Awesome News!

(I figured if I whined enough, it would get fixed)

:halo::halo:

Wait... here is the full message from John Heald. He shows the itinerary for 6/30. Is that the normal itinerary for 6/30?? Our western itinerary for 7/21 is different from what he shows below.

From John Heald:

I have some good news for those of you sailing on one of my favourite ships the Carnival Magic on 6/30

The ship’s technical issue has been resolved and the ship will sail as scheduled on this brilliant itinerary

30-Jun-2018 Port Canaveral FL 06:00 16:00

01-Jul-2018 "Fun Day" at Sea

02-Jul-2018 Costa Maya, Mexico 12:00 20:00

03-Jul-2018 Mahogany Bay, Isla Roatan 09:00 21:00

04-Jul-2018 Belize 08:00 17:00

05-Jul-2018 Cozumel, Mexico 07:00 15:00

06-Jul-2018 "Fun Day" at Sea

07-Jul-2018 Port Canaveral FL 06:00

I wish you all a brilliant time

Cheers

John

Wait... here is the full message from John Heald. He shows the itinerary for 6/30. Is that the normal itinerary for 6/30?? Our western itinerary for 7/21 is different from what he shows below.

From John Heald:

I have some good news for those of you sailing on one of my favourite ships the Carnival Magic on 6/30

The ship’s technical issue has been resolved and the ship will sail as scheduled on this brilliant itinerary

Cheers

John

Yes.

That is the full scheduled itinerary!

ROATAN has been SAVED!

From John Heald:

Cheers

John

Hopefully this means that on next itinerary where St Thomas is included ship can get there.:)

Thanks for posting this and sharing your knowledge. I love reading your posts cause I know they're based on fact and real world experience on the ships.

From John Heald:

Cheers

John

Yes, that's the itinerary. Roatan was the main concern since it's the farthest port of call from Port Canaveral.

Sent from my LG-LS993 using Forums mobile app

John Heald

But... But... But what about the vast conspiracy? You know, "Carnival's not telling us everything!" And "there's more to this story than they're letting on!":confused:

Thank you, Chief. I knew this was the case despite the Google engineers that conclusively linked the HVAC issues to the partial propulsion failures. :D