Sky Suite Mini Bar

txtechmk

We are Celebrity newbies sailing this fall. One of our perks is the Premium beverage package. Is it true that we can only get our "premium drinks" at the MDR and ship bars? Do we actually have to pay for what is consumed in our suite mini bar? This doesn't make sense to me. Could someone clarify?

The mini bar is not included in the drinks package. You can use the package at any bar/restaurant venue on the ship. And as a suite guest, you can also access Michael's club where there is a full bar. When we sailed on the Reflection, there was an entire refrigerated wall in Michael's club. It was self-serve and we took a few waters and soft drinks for our mini-fridge. We asked our butler to empty the mini-frige on the first day and then filled it with the things we picked up at other venues. Not sure of the rationale.

We are Celebrity newbies sailing this fall. One of our perks is the Premium beverage package. Is it true that we can only get our "premium drinks" at the MDR and ship bars? Do we actually have to pay for what is consumed in our suite mini bar? This doesn't make sense to me. Could someone clarify?

That is true and additionally you can’t use your drink package for room service.

All staterooms are equipped with a stocked mini-bar; not all guests have a beverage package...

In addition to reducing administration for checking inventory/replenishing bar contents and the accounting associated with who has or does not have a beverage package, the practice also discourages the potential that some guests might be inclined to stockpile higher priced items—mini bottles of liquor, small bottles of wine, snacks—upon disembarkation...

Less potential for disagreement; makes sense to me...

There would be nothing stopping you from taking all of the bottles out of the mini bar and distributing them to other passengers without the beverage package if they were included.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Only mini-bars that are complimentary are the Royal & Penthouse Suites.

Otherwise, as suggested above, simply have the mini bar emptied and stock it with items (water, pop, etc) from elsewhere.

We always ask to have our mini-bar emptied. In our experience, once the Butler realizes what you are stock-piling, he or she will stock the fridge with whatever you are drinking. In our case, it was water, San Pellagrino and an occasional coke. One replaced a bottle of red wine when we were almost finished with the bottle we got when we embarked. We have been in suites on the Summit, the Solstice and the Eclipse. YMMV!

There would be nothing stopping you from taking all of the bottles out of the mini bar and distributing them to other passengers without the beverage package if they were included.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Nor anything to stop you from taking multiple drink items out of Michael's on ships that have the coolers so not sure how that is any different, although the mini-bar has hard liquor whereas Michael's has beer and water. For that matter, anyone who really wanted to work at it could fairly easily 'cheat' the beverage package by ordering drinks and discretely passing them along to friends or family members without the package - as long as they were not obvious and did not order an inordinate amount above 'normal'. Not advocating it, but I'm sure it has been done.

We always ask to have our mini-bar emptied. In our experience, once the Butler realizes what you are stock-piling, he or she will stock the fridge with whatever you are drinking. In our case, it was water, San Pellagrino and an occasional coke. One replaced a bottle of red wine when we were almost finished with the bottle we got when we embarked. We have been in suites on the Summit, the Solstice and the Eclipse. YMMV!

Last October this was my experience as well. In fact, day one my butler asked what soda, beer, et cetera we'd like in the mini-bar. While I know this isn't the norm, it certainly is appreciated and pretty much guaranteed a nice extra tip at the end of the cruise! As an added bonus, the frig actually kept items cold and not cool like most seem to do.

No, it's not. I suspect that some other passenger received it and said that it wasn't wanted, so the butler was passing it on.

I agree. This was also my first thought.

Engendering goodwill can work both ways.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As some as answered the mini bar is not included with the Sky Suite perks, however in our last two cruises we asked the butler to empty the mini bar and he asked us what we wanted to have it stocked with... we asked just for Vitamin waters (you also get mineral water everyday in the sky suite). He did so and it was appreciated, in our last one he even asked us once if we wanted some beers after he found couple of empty cans in the trash... so not sure if it´s a normal practice but you van always ask and wait for the best :-)

J.-

We have found that our butlers generally figure it out quick that we drink a lot of water, diet coke/coke zero, and hubs drinks occasional beer. As such, that is always available in our room after day 1... I LOVE having the bottled water in the room, it is so much easier... We usually gave them a really good tip... our fridge is generally empty on arrival, and we just put our stuff right in there..

Butlers are awesome... Ours even found me sugar free ice cream one day when I really wanted something but can't order off the main menu... Chip was his name, and I won't forget him!