My Time dining reservations

So, I go into my Cruise Planner and decide to make a reservation for 7pm dinner every day. But, the only choices are 5.45pm and 8.00 PM onwards. I must have misunderstood, I thought I could reserve a time OR just show up and wait for a table.

Does this mean all 7pm slots have been reserved already?

So, I go into my Cruise Planner and decide to make a reservation for 7pm dinner every day. But, the only choices are 5.45pm and 8.00 PM onwards. I must have misunderstood, I thought I could reserve a time OR just show up and wait for a table.

Yes all the slots are reserved already. However once on board just show up at the time you want and you will be seated or visit the my desk when you board. After you finish your meal just tell them you would like to eat the same time every night.(with the same waiter if you are happy with your service)

I went to book our dining about 6 months out, no 7pm but we did get 6:45pm and had no problems. They do limit the number of reservations for each time slot to allow for walk ups at the same time. You will see two lines, one for with and one for without. They will no turn you away.

They NEVER allow booking of the 7pm timeslot in advance...it's the most popular time. Make your reservations when you board for that time...if it's available.

WOW! I must have really lucked ou! I booked last month for my July 8 Liberty cruise and I booked EVERY Night 7 p.m for my time dining. There are 5 in my family at that time.

I guess they must allow a certain amount. If you don't do it early enough, you will miss the prime times. However, you can check once on board, or just show up. We may change a few of ours once on board.

We you arrive go to guest service and set you time you want to eat..

OK thanks. Can you book it using your TV? It's been 6 years since we sailed Allure, so I can't recall what the technology is onboard. All I recall is those touch pads by the elevators which were very helpful.

Doesn't it seem Oxymoronish that there is nothing available to be booked between 5.45pm and 8.00pm? Where is My time? :rolleyes:

No. The tables are almost all full at that time from earlier diners and there aren't any available. If you show up at 7 be prepared to wait until a table opens. Yes, you might get lucky. They assume that dinner takes two hours so the 5:30 crowd doesn't get done until 7:30. In practice we have found that if we eat at 5:30 (or when dining room actually opens) at a two-top we can be out by 6:30 and enjoying the evening.

No. The tables are almost all full at that time from earlier diners and there aren't any available. If you show up at 7 be prepared to wait until a table opens. Yes, you might get lucky. They assume that dinner takes two hours so the 5:30 crowd doesn't get done until 7:30. In practice we have found that if we eat at 5:30 (or when dining room actually opens) at a two-top we can be out by 6:30 and enjoying the evening.

That makes sense. We actually wanted 6:30, but none were available. it was either 5:45 or 7 or later.

Yes ,it does .On my last cruise I wanted 5:30 but they only had 7:00 every night .The first night I came in 6:45 and was seated .The second night 6:40 ,5 minutes earlier every night .It did not matter what time I came in ,I was seated.

We were always seated no matter what time our reservation was and went through reservation line. On day one we requested the same table for the rest of the cruise and it was available all days but one on a nine day cruise. The day it wasn't available they sat us in one of the traditional dinning rooms and we had horrible service.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Forums mobile app

We never make reservations, that is the entire point of MTD. We go eat when we feel like it. If you have a large group, I understand making reservations. But it is just the 2 of us. We go when we feel like it and rarely do we wait more than 5 minutes for a table. We have done MTD since it was first introduced and will never do anything else again. We love MTD.