Bringing wine onboard

No, it is 2 bottles per cabin, irrespective of how many there are in a cabin. It is not per person.

Just split up a bit when you go though security and they will let each adult go through with 2 bottels.....no problem! (y)

You are way overthinking this!

Do not ask here - just do it !:rolleyes:

People here will make up all kind of scare stories ...just because....:rolleyes:

Just split up a bit when you go though security and they will let each adult go through with 2 bottels.....no problem! (y)

You are way overthinking this!

Do not ask here - just do it !:rolleyes:

People here will make up all kind of scare stories ...just because....:rolleyes:

Except the original question was not “what can I get away with”, it was “How many bottles per cabin? 2 per cabin or 2 per occupant?” Two per cabin is the accurate answer to that question. Now, had they asked whether they get away with 2 per person, then your answer applies.

Except the original question was not “what can I get away with”, it was “How many bottles per cabin? 2 per cabin or 2 per occupant?” Two per cabin is the accurate answer to that question. Now, had they asked whether they get away with 2 per person, then your answer applies.

Well stated! (y)

This may be a little crazy to ask but how do you carry your wine in? Do you pack it or do you have to carry it in so it can be seen during check in? How do they know if you have it or not?

We carry it on in a tote bag. All items must go through an airport type x-ray scanner.

You can bring 2 bottles per adult - they do not check or care who is in what cabin!(y)

It is just the CC police that is throwing the oficial rules at you when in reality RCI does not care as long as you stick with 2 bottles per adult....

This is not correct. We were 3 adults in 2 cabins on the Jewel last month and they stopped us as we got past the scanners and asked to see our set sail passes as they saw that we each had 2 bottles with us. They took 2 of the bottles from US.

This was the first time it happened to us. We had each brought two bottles on two prior cruises, and no one said anything. Officially, the rule is two bottles per cabin. In reality, sometimes they catch you, sometimes they don't.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

They checked last month in San Juan.

OK. Whatever you say. You can quote rules forever, but written statements are not always actuality. When have you ever see anyone asking what cabin you're in when you go thru the security line? The only people who know where your cabin is located are those at the checkin counter.

This is not correct. We were 3 adults in 2 cabins on the Jewel last month and they stopped us as we got past the scanners and asked to see our set sail passes as they saw that we each had 2 bottles with us. They took 2 of the bottles from US.

This was the first time it happened to us. We had each brought two bottles on two prior cruises, and no one said anything. Officially, the rule is two bottles per cabin. In reality, sometimes they catch you, sometimes they don't.

But you didn’t split up and each head to a separate security line in order to beat the system.;)

We carry it on in a tote bag. All items must go through an airport type x-ray scanner.

We are bringing 2 bottles in our checked bag on our flight. Should I take them out of the checked bag and carry on the ship? I wasn’t sure about carrying them with me until the room is ready

We are bringing 2 bottles in our checked bag on our flight. Should I take them out of the checked bag and carry on the ship? I wasn’t sure about carrying them with me until the room is ready

If you leave them in your checked bag, I think you have a higher chance of breakage and delay in getting your bag delivered. There's a good chance they will make you come down to security and open the bag so they can inspect the bottles.

If you leave them in your checked bag, I think you have a higher chance of breakage and delay in getting your bag delivered. There's a good chance they will make you come down to security and open the bag so they can inspect the bottles.

Thanks. That makes sense. I just wasn’t sure about carrying the glass bottles around the ship.

Thanks. That makes sense. I just wasn’t sure about carrying the glass bottles around the ship.

We just wrap them in something like a t-shirt so they are not clanking against each other.

We just wrap them in something like a t-shirt so they are not clanking against each other.

We put our 2 wine bottles in a small roller bag (that we also use when we go on shore/beach excursions) along with our swim wear.

We like to jump into the whirlpool after we explore the ship after lunch and before the rooms are ready :cool:

As others have said, and as a new cruiser to RCI rightfully told you, the rules with RCI is two bottles - 750 ml - of wine per stateroom. Doesn´t matter how many people are booked in the room, as long as one person in the room is of legal drinking age. It´s very clear cut and there´s no discussion about this being the official cruiseline rule.

Now if you are looking at ways around the official rules and what people might or might not get away with you can listen to those foks who try to tell you otherwise;)

No im not looking for ways around it but some posters were not clear. Some said 2 per cabin others said 2 per adult...thus 4 adults over 21 in same cabin according to some of the posters means 8 per cabin

I know now it's 2 per cabin brought on by the adults

Sent from my iPad using Forums

You can bring 2 bottles per adult - they do not check or care who is in what cabin!(y)

It is just the CC police that is throwing the oficial rules at you when in reality RCI does not care as long as you stick with 2 bottles per adult....

WRONG! Try again. It's 2 per cabin with at least one person being 21 yo.

Been there & done that. Will not repeat as it's not worth the hassle.

Of course they confiscated my 2 bottles of Merlot and Nancy got to keep her 2 bottles of Moscato ;p

ONE bottle per person of appropriate age. If you are six people age appropriate, each person can bring ONE bottle. Nobody cares or checks to which cabin you are assigned.

Where do you get your info from? :rolleyes: Read the post before yours. It can and does happen. It's against RC policy so there's a good chance extras will be taken. You can always try, but don't be upset if it's taken. They won't return it if it's on embarkation day.

It's one bottle per person as long as there are only 2 people in the cabin and at least one is 21 yo. :D

Instead of checking them in for your flight couldn't you just buy some when you arrive at your destination? Less chance of breakage and your clothes smelling like wine. If you are staying at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites on State Road 84 then you will be across the street from a Winn Dixie and Big Daddy's Liquor. The best place to get liquor would be Total Wine on 17th Street, but you would need to take uber or something. Have fun on your cruise.