Regal Princess Internet

MsSoCalCruiser

Are you Platinum because they pay the same as Elite?

I’m curious if there is a further discount - from the $74.99 in this case - for Platinum / Elite passengers?

Nope, we're gold, having only done one Princess cruise before. I'm just reporting what I noticed for the first time in my cruise personalizer.

I just checked my cruise personalizer for an 11-night Baltic Cruise on the Regal. For the first time, I am seeing an unlimited internet package pre-payment of $74.99 (regular price of $89.99.) We are not elite. That seems like a reasonable price for an 11-night cruise. Has anyone done this yet, or is it totally new? And do you think the $89.99 is the onboard price? We have a lot of onboard credit, and it would be worth the extra $15 if we could pay out of that.

Thanks for any insight. I know this seems to be very new, as it just turned up on my cruise personalizer.

Great news. :D

One caveat:

"Unlimited" usually only refers to minutes, and usually comes in 3 "tiers" which control how much

of the internet to which you are allowed to connect.

I can't see your Personalizer ;) but check if the offers don't break down like this:

Tier 1: Facebook, "certain other social media sites", and GMail

Tier 2: Plus the rest of the internet except video streaming sites

Tier 3: Plus Skype, YouTube, Amazon Video, etc.

*IF* that's the offers, and you choose Tier 1, you don't even have access to email unless you use GMail. :o

Nope, we're gold, having only done one Princess cruise before. I'm just reporting what I noticed for the first time in my cruise personalizer.

That answers one question I have. When I sign in as a Platinum passenger I see the same prices and discount that you see as a Gold passenger.

hopefully the 150 minutes still stands for platinum passengers...means my wife gets 280 and I get about 20...:cool:

I agree but would also like to trade-in for a nice discount toward unlimited plan.

That answers one question I have. When I sign in as a Platinum passenger I see the same prices and discount that you see as a Gold passenger.

The benefit for folks that are Platinum or Elite is that you each get free Internet minutes as follows:

• Voyages 7 days or less, 150 minutes
  • Voyages 8-20 days, 250 minutes
  • Voyages 21+ days, 500 minutes

There are no discounts on the prices for internet packages purchased.

The benefit for folks that are Platinum or Elite is that you each get free Internet minutes as follows:

• Voyages 7 days or less, 150 minutes
  • Voyages 8-20 days, 250 minutes
  • Voyages 21+ days, 500 minutes

There are no discounts on the prices for internet packages purchased.

Thanks

Work on the Regal for the ***** has stopped until the ship returns to North America in the fall.

Supposedly trying to get it to work on the Caribbean Princess which is in North America for the summer.

Hmmmmm? See post 26 and the thread on *****. I heard 2 weeks ago from a manager at a most traveled event that a group on board the Ruby had given a presentation 2 days before indicating the problems and status of ***** and had indicated it would be phased in on the Regal this summer.

Great news. :D

One caveat:

"Unlimited" usually only refers to minutes, and usually comes in 3 "tiers" which control how much

of the internet to which you are allowed to connect.

I can't see your Personalizer ;) but check if the offers don't break down like this:

Tier 1: Facebook, "certain other social media sites", and GMail

Tier 2: Plus the rest of the internet except video streaming sites

Tier 3: Plus Skype, YouTube, Amazon Video, etc.

*IF* that's the offers, and you choose Tier 1, you don't even have access to email unless you use GMail. :o

From my personalizer:

Internet Access - Purchase Pre-Cruise and Save!

Quantity

Item-6411 Form MedallionNet Voyage Package

Stay connected at sea like never before. From e-mail to streaming, enjoy truly premium, unlimited access!

Original price: $89.99 USD

*All Internet usage subject to Princess Cruises' standard policies, which may limit browsing of sites due to network security and bandwidth usage. Applications that use high bandwidth may be blocked and offerings subject to change.

$74.99
Quantity 0 12345678910

Sounds like everything is included!

From my personalizer:

Quantity

Item-6411 Form MedallionNet Voyage Package

Stay connected at sea like never before. From e-mail to streaming, enjoy truly premium, unlimited access!

*All Internet usage subject to Princess Cruises' standard policies, which may limit browsing of sites due to network security and bandwidth usage. Applications that use high bandwidth may be blocked and offerings subject to change.

$74.99
Quantity 0 12345678910

Indeed. That's a variation I've not seen before, and looks ...delicious.

What raises my eyebrow is the "offerings subject to change" and "applications that use

high bandwidth may be blocked". Time will tell, but if its a case of "what the bold print

giveth, the fine print taketh away", it would be an epic PR black eye.

Here's my take on the Regal, we were on the April '18 TA and only one day had difficulties with being "

Kicked off", log back in continue on, all the way to Copenhagen. Talked to Princess regarding another small issue about our Sept. '18 TA, when we settled the small issue she asked if I wanted to add an internet package and then she saw we are Platinum and said oops you already have unlimited for the cruise. We'll see what really happens upon Embarkation, we can live without it also, just saying.

From my personalizer:

Quantity

Item-6411 FormMedallionNet Voyage Package

$74.99
Quantity012345678910

Thank you so much for this very valuable information

I just checked our cruise personalizer and was able to book two of these packages for 59 EUR each for our upcoming 11-day cruise on the Regal this summer.

Even if they blocked some sites, it is still good value for me, even for basic email and messaging.

Still way cheaper than what our providers charge for satellite communication.

I will come back after our cruise to report on speed and availability of the package

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We are currently on board and had received an e-mail and subsequent letter when boarding on the 4th to advise that there is complimentary access (one per person) to MedallionNet for Platinum and Elite guests. The letter states: "We are excited to have you join us for this Ocean Medallion preview cruise. You are among the first to enjoy new experience enhancements created to make your vacation more connected, engaging....."

There have been a few minor glitches transitioning from my cell to my laptop but the folks in the Internet Café have been extremely helpful and I was soon working with my laptop to get onto CC and other sites. Using Social Ocean, we are able to use What's App, WeChat, Facebook Messenger and iMessage on iPhone.

We are happy with the service to date and it would be hard to complain about any "glitches" along the way when we have unlimited access. FYI, we are all the way aft on Riviera in a balcony cabin if that helps for those who wonder about connectivity in certain areas of the ship. The only place I noticed less than stellar access was in the elevator......

Thank you so much for this very valuable information

I just checked our cruise personalizer and was able to book two of these packages for 59 EUR each for our upcoming 11-day cruise on the Regal this summer.

If you were willing to limit usage to one device at a time, you would only need one package, not two.

Only if you have the need for two devices to be on the Internet at the same time would you need to buy two packages.

No its a continuous 24 hour service. You can sign out of one device and sign in with another. Simply go to the Home page.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I don't think that answers the question... The service is available 24/7, but does a single

sign-on last until you sign-off? On ::mumble:: cruiseline, your sign-on lasts for an hour, and

you then have to reënter your password = annoying in the extreme.

I don't think that answers the question... The service is available 24/7, but does a single

sign-on last until you sign-off? On ::mumble:: cruiseline, your sign-on lasts for an hour, and

Yep, constantly on until you switch to another device. If you plan to only use a single device to access the internet, you shouldn't have to log in again.

Good information. Glad princess got this figured out as we will be on the Aug 6 cruise. I called a couple weeks ago because there were no internet packages showing up for us to book online and the princess rep finally figured out that the Regal was in the middle of switching packages. This package looks MUCH better than what was advertised before. Unfortunately, both wife and I will have some work to do while on cruise.

Based on this thread https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=56479884&posted=1#post56479884 about pricing on the Grand Princess, Princess is not offering unlimited internet at all.

What they are offering are three packages with different daily limits of how many MB you can use.

Social 200 MB/day

Surf 300 MB/day

Premium 500 MB/day

So what you are paying for if you get more than the Social package is not faster speed, just more MB per day. For many people, the amount of surfing they might do each day can be handled by the Social package.

So what you are paying for if you get more than the Social package is not faster speed, just more MB per day. For many people, the amount of surfing they might do each day can be handled by the Social package.

There doesn't seem to be any definitive information about which sites are included in 'Social' usage,

and are all others blocked.

All I have seen is guesses by people who haven't even been on a ship offering the packages.

I understand minutes...I don't understand mb...

what's the difference ? - do I get unlimited minutes with a mb package, but just limited to certain sites and speed?

First thing to know is that Princess hasn't settled yet on one set of internet offerings and

probably won't until somebody launches ultra-high bandwidth satellites into polar orbit. They

haven't even settled on one set of unlimited-minute internet offerings for voyages that stay

in range of the ultra-high bandwidth satellites now in equatorial orbit.

Depending upon ship and voyage, you may get offered

• Buy-the-minute

• Unlimited minutes but restricted in some other ways.

• Unrestricted unlimited minutes

• Some mixture of the above

• No internet at all (Yet. Please, "yet")

I've seen internet for one voyage flip from one to another and then flip again (I never

plunked money down, so I don't know what happed for those who did). One "MedallionNet"

voyage had all of its internet offerings pulled back in May, and has not offered any internet

since -- just re-checked in my Personalizer.

One post on these Forums was from folks who got a "Social" package as part of their

Captain's Circle perks but found out it didn't include connecting to the email server

that they normally use. Ouch! Not a really good way to reward frequent pax.

So the answer to your question is "Maybe", and maybe a different "Maybe" tomorrow. :loudcry:

If you were willing to limit usage to one device at a time, you would only need one package, not two.

Only if you have the need for two devices to be on the Internet at the same time would you need to buy two packages.

Thank you for your advice, but , travelling with a teenager, sharing is definitely not an option for us ;-)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

It lasts until you either sign out to connect another device or until your plan ends

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk