Drinking

csaile

I believe that the parent of the person under 21 must sign the waiver, not just anyone who's over 21...

Parent or legal guardian. I think husband might qualify as a legal guardian. In any event, you will be able to drink beer and wine once the ship is in international waters.

Parent or legal guardian. I think husband might qualify as a legal guardian. In any event, you will be able to drink beer and wine once the ship is in international waters.

Her husband does not qualify as being her legal guardian.

How about you call NCL instead of relying on the opinions of the self-appointed cruise lawyers here?

I fully agree. I ventured a guess, and Cole shot me right down. He knows everything about everything.

I fully agree. I ventured a guess, and Cole shot me right down. He knows everything about everything.

Not trying to pile on, but I think your statement about international waters was incorrect also. For European cruises, I think you are correct, but for loops from the US, which I am assuming she is asking about, since it mentioned Caribbean, the waiver must be signed or no drinking.

Not sure why you are upset. I know you are trying to be helpful but guessing doesn't help anyone. Should I not have corrected you about her husband not being her legal guardian? You were wrong also about her being able to drink once she is in international waters.

How about you call NCL instead of relying on the opinions of the self-appointed cruise lawyers here?

Unfortunately, I wouldn’t be all that confident about the accuracy of any answer given by NCL either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't think you are going to have a problem at all based on my experience - waiver or no waiver.

You have experience being served alcoholic drinks underage without a waiver? I would think that an underage person’s ship card would not be coded with the UBP nor would it allow the bartender to swipe for alcoholic beverages.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

can my husband who is 21 sign the underage drinking wavier for me I am 18. For our cruise to the Caribbea?

At 18 you are no longer a minor (US Law). Therefore, unless you are incapacitated in some way and need a court appointed guardian, you are your own guardian. He can not sign legal documents on your behalf. You must abide by the laws of the governing "state".

"all persons 18 years old and older are presumed competent, that is, able to make decisions about health care, finances and other important areas of life."

At 18 you are no longer a minor (US Law). Therefore, unless you are incapacitated in some way and need a court appointed guardian, you are your own guardian. He can not sign legal documents on your behalf. You must abide by the laws of the governing "state".

"all persons 18 years old and older are presumed competent, that is, able to make decisions about health care, finances and other important areas of life."

While that may be the legal situation, the cruise line has for a number of years successfully been allowing parents to sign a waiver for their 18-21 year old children to drink.

Interesting question....you for sure will be able to drink anything in most ports in the Caribbean...

True - in most Caribbean ports if your tall enough to see over the top of the bar with 20 dollar bills in your hand you can drink yourself into a coma; no ones checking ID's down there it's show me the money!