changes to mini suites categories Regal Princess

Host CJSKIDS

I was in the process of booking my sip & sale on the Regal for 2019 and picked the cabin and was almost at the end when the site went down. Tried again and it said it was too close to sailing so I called.

Seems Princess is in the process of making changes to the mini-suite categories on the Regal. Looks like more will be part of the club class if she is correct.

Not thrilled because I had gone through all the steps but I guess I have to sit tight and see what they have done to the pricing and categories at some point today. There was almost a $900 difference in regular mini and club class so this should be interesting.

Has anyone heard anything about what they are doing?

Not sure what is happening today, but on other ships they have recategorized cabins from mini to CC mini. The nice thing is that if you were in one of the cabins that got recategorized, you got the CC part free. Can you call Princess and try to book it if you know what you want? There is nothing on line about changing categories--on other ships, there were deck plans for before and after a specified date; the only change in the plans was the new categorization.

Not sure what is happening today' date=' but on other ships they have recategorized cabins from mini to CC mini. The nice thing is that if you were in one of the cabins that got recategorized, you got the CC part free. Can you call Princess and try to book it if you know what you want? There is nothing on line about changing categories--on other ships, there were deck plans for before and after a specified date; the only change in the plans was the new categorization.[/quote']

That's exactly what I did, I called! Told her that I knew that cabin I wanted and she said she can't even book it, they don't have authorization right now to book anything on the Regal. I did say that I'm going to be very pissed if what I was in the middle of booking now is a lot more money because I was at the end grabbing my FCC to put it on hold and had gone through all the steps. Doesn't seem right that I couldn't finish it.

I know about the minis being recategorized because the one we usually stay in had changed. Just didn't know that they were doing it again.

CC isn't worth it to me since I'm traveling with friends who won't be able to utilize the dining area and I already have perks from being Elite.

I know that they change the categorization only but there wasn't anything in the system yet to show this while I have been looking since yesterday nor all morning.

Interesting...nice for the bottom line, but what will happen to that "quality ATD experience" when all those new cabins show up for a meal?

Guess it CC dining becomes like regular anytime with waits coming. Can't see how they would take over anymore of the anytime dining room unless set dining & CC dining are now placed in the same restaurants and one becomes anytime dining.

That's exactly my worry. Where are they going to put all those extra people? The area in the MDR is already tight.

I have been told by people working in Club Class, that the maitre d' can adjust the size of the club class

section. Or, a new maitre d' comes on board, and adjusts to what he wants...

Sounds like club class has been a success ... to princess.

I have been told by people working in Club Class, that the maitre d' can adjust the size of the club class

section. Or, a new maitre d' comes on board, and adjusts to what he wants...

Sounds like club class has been a success ... to princess.

Under these circumstances what exactly would be the difference between Club Class Dining and Anytime Dining, if you sit in the same MDR? Are you simply paying a higher cruise fare or do you get another benefit? If so what is it?

Regards John

Got the same message earlier today. Just tried again and had no problem. In fact the only change to club class was a reduction of the cruise fare. Dropped 100 dollars per person from last night, Same cabins. Just booked

Got the same message earlier today. Just tried again and had no problem. In fact the only change to club class was a reduction of the cruise fare. Dropped 100 dollars per person from last night, Same cabins. Just booked

Thanks, I'll go look now.

February 2019. Not eligible for sip and sale but did get the exact same message this morning and not able to book a cc mini suite. The message was gone this afternoon and the only change was the price.

Guest arowe6

HI Carolyn,

I actually just posted in my last thread a few hours ago for you. Wondering when you're sailing again and if we'll finally cross paths.

-a

Under these circumstances what exactly would be the difference between Club Class Dining and Anytime Dining, if you sit in the same MDR? Are you simply paying a higher cruise fare or do you get another benefit? If so what is it?

Regards John

There are other benefits, but speaking specifically about the MDR, you get "no wait" anytime dining and an extended, supposedly "fancier" menu. I've never found that to be of any value, and the other perks aren't something you can really put a hard pricetag on. In short, it's not really worth what you're going to pay for it, no matter how much people try to convince themselves that it is.

There are other benefits, but speaking specifically about the MDR, you get "no wait" anytime dining and an extended, supposedly "fancier" menu. I've never found that to be of any value, and the other perks aren't something you can really put a hard pricetag on. In short, it's not really worth what you're going to pay for it, no matter how much people try to convince themselves that it is.

I see, a friend of mine has just completed a world cruise on Cunard in their version of Club Class, by virtue of booking a Club Balcony. In this situation there is a separate Club Restaurant, with long opening hours and from what I gather the table is exclusively yours for the whole cruise for all meals as required.

Regards John

HI Carolyn,

I actually just posted in my last thread a few hours ago for you. Wondering when you're sailing again and if we'll finally cross paths.

-a

I just responded to that!!

Not sure what Princess is doing, but it looks to me like they're doing it to the Royal as well as the Regal. I'm getting "Whoops! Your page was not found" for both of them. Is that what others are seeing?

Not sure what Princess is doing, but it looks to me like they're doing it to the Royal as well as the Regal. I'm getting "Whoops! Your page was not found" for both of them. Is that what others are seeing?

Yes, I am getting that and I get an error message when I try to sign in. Not sure what’s going on.

Club class Dining has a set group of servers who are usually very very attentive and extra menu choices at each meal. We had the same servers pretty much every night. The extra menu choices were very very good - often made in the dining room pastas, surf and turf options etc. Best service and food we have had on a cruise in a long time.

I got that and then I got "it's too close to your sailing date to book" which I knew was a total error! I was looking at 12/1/19

I see, a friend of mine has just completed a world cruise on Cunard in their version of Club Class, by virtue of booking a Club Balcony. In this situation there is a separate Club Restaurant, with long opening hours and from what I gather the table is exclusively yours for the whole cruise for all meals as required.

Regards John

What happens on Cunard is not germane to what Princess does. Does not apply to them.

What happens on Cunard is not germane to what Princess does. Does not apply to them.

I realise that, I am just using this as a comparison because it appears to me that on Princess your "Club Class" status is not a lot of benefit in comparison to paying a premium for the honour of being a "Club Class Cruiser" particularly if you end up aligned very closely to Anytime Dining passengers not paying a premium. Additional later information has now indicated that a number of other things are in with the option. Without these it looks a very bad deal.

Regards John

Too close to cruise message etc. happens quite a lot. I have been involved with it on several of my cruises. You just have to wait a few hours or 1/2 a day or so and then you can check prices or book. I have found that when this occurs and is still far out, that IT is shutting down activity while they take a breath to check staterooms and occupancy and also usually involves repricing, usually to our good but sometimes not. I kinda get excited when I see a message like this and check often to get back in and see what they have done.

Also, CC dining and paying for it is a personal thing you will find. Personally, it makes me book a mini which I like and wouldn't do normally (grin), and I love the traditional/anytime aspect of dining CC and getting that just a tad more personable and better service. The other things you get don't interest me much at all. Just the good location, mini-suite bathrooms and dining. So I go for it and usually book so early that by the time 4-6 months roll around, my cost for a CC mini is less than the going rate to get one of the remaining regular mini's!

Pooh