I’ve been away too long

steveweese

No more UDP. Other dining packages are available or if you’re not that fussed about days and venues, there probably will be deals to be had onboard ;). We’ve never paid full price for a specialty restaurant when booked onboard.

World Class Bar replaced Molecular Bar, we are not fans of the drink menu at the WCB.

Micaels Club is now for Suite guests & Zenith only. Suite guests now have a separate dining room- Luminae. Ocean Liners is gone from the MClass ships, replaced by Qzine which on some ship is being replaced by a new concept Le Petit Chef. bistro on 5 is now Sushi on 5 with ala carte pricing.

The Corning Hot Glass show which was on the Eclipse, Equinox, and Solstice is now run by a group out of Florida and guests can, for a fee, make a glass piece with the glass artists assistance. DH enjoyed that and will do it again.

Concierge Class now has a Concierge and a lunch in the MDR on embarkation day.

Cabin attendants no longer have a assistant but service fewer cabins. Most cabin attendants seem to prefer this and as passengers we feel like we are getting better service.

I’m sure there are other changes maybe someone else can chime in.

The Captains Club Loyalty program was revamped in Nov 2013. You now receive tier points according to the type of cabin you book. You might already know this since it's almost 5 years since this took effect.

World Class Bar replaced Molecular Bar, we are not fans of the drink menu at the WCB.

Micaels Club is now for Suite guests & Zenith only. Suite guests now have a separate dining room- Luminae. Ocean Liners is gone from the MClass ships, replaced by Qzine which on some ship is being replaced by a new concept Le Petit Chef. bistro on 5 is now Sushi on 5 with ala carte pricing.

The Corning Hot Glass show which was on the Eclipse, Equinox, and Solstice is now run by a group out of Florida and guests can, for a fee, make a glass piece with the glass artists assistance. DH enjoyed that and will do it again.

Cabin attendants no longer have a assistant but service fewer cabins. Most cabin attendants seem to prefer this and as passengers we feel like we are getting better service.

I think you’ve been lucky. Our recent experience with this change has been disappointing. We had an attendant on Solstice who we only met, 5 days into the cruise, because we complained to the front desk that our feet were sticking to the bathroom floor, and there was a strong chemical smell that made our eyes water. It turns out he apparently wasn’t rinsing off the cleaning product. He was sad that we didn’t speak directly to him about it, but we couldn’t because we had never seen him, didn’t know his name and had no number to call to ask about getting the floor rinsed. We suspected that he wasn’t at the top of his game anyway, since we were in Aqua class, and our vat of raspberry tea sat on the shelf untouched until it grew quite luxuriant white hair on the surface of the liquid.

I think you’ve been lucky. Our recent experience with this change has been disappointing. We had an attendant on Solstice who we only met, 5 days into the cruise, because we complained to the front desk that our feet were sticking to the bathroom floor, and there was a strong chemical smell that made our eyes water. It turns out he apparently wasn’t rinsing off the cleaning product. He was sad that we didn’t speak directly to him about it, but we couldn’t because we had never seen him, didn’t know his name and had no number to call to ask about getting the floor rinsed. We suspected that he wasn’t at the top of his game anyway, since we were in Aqua class, and our vat of raspberry tea sat on the shelf untouched until it grew quite luxuriant white hair on the surface of the liquid.

:eek::o

All correct except the part about Ocean Liners on M Class ships. It's been replaced by Tuscan grill. Le Petit Chef is replacing Qsine.

We suspected that he wasn’t at the top of his game anyway, since we were in Aqua class, and our vat of raspberry tea sat on the shelf untouched until it grew quite luxuriant white hair on the surface of the liquid.

UGH....that's horrible I hope you reported that too...

Well thanks guys.....We are big fans of the Molecular Bar. Liked a lot of the cocktails and could get them every night on the cruise and they would be identical, which is rare for us on a cruise ship.

Also a big fan of Molecular, but we love the World Class Bar, too!

Never got to experience the Molecular Bar, but I was a nightly visitor to the World Class Bar on my last cruise. I was pleasantly surprised by some of the menu offerings, but the bartenders also liked to get creative. Tell them what you like, and they will create something amazing for you.