Happy Canada Day !!!!!

Orangefan

Thank you to our American friends from our nation's capital Ottawa. Sweltering record breaking heat today. High of 97F and feeling like 116F Going to wish were on a lovely Princess balcony with a gentle breeze and a cool refreshment. Oh, a little early but Happy 4th of July!!

Cheers Louden

Hi Louden,

I am 2 + hours south of you in Syracuse. We are having the same very hot weather all week.

I did see the picture of Parliament Hill but couldn't refresh it.

Enjoy your holiday !

Sali

Thank you to our American friends from our nation's capital Ottawa. Sweltering record breaking heat today. High of 97F and feeling like 116F Going to wish were on a lovely Princess balcony with a gentle breeze and a cool refreshment. Oh, a little early but Happy 4th of July!!

Cheers Louden

Should be 107 F here today. Last year at this time our area was in the middle of a multiple weeks long heat wave with temps over 100 every day and many days 110 and higher. We were camping in Jasper National Park on Canada Day and were so glad to be there instead of in the heat. We pulled into the campground and there was only one other site occupied. Within half an hour the place totally filled and people kept coming through looking for a spot. Since last year was Canada's 150th birthday we got free passes to the National Parks. Stayed in Banff and Jasper as part of a 7 week camping trip that took us clear up to Fairbanks, AK. Driving through Alberta, BC, and Yukon was absolutely beautiful.

Should be 107 F here today. Last year at this time our area was in the middle of a multiple weeks long heat wave with temps over 100 every day and many days 110 and higher. We were camping in Jasper National Park on Canada Day and were so glad to be there instead of in the heat. We pulled into the campground and there was only one other site occupied. Within half an hour the place totally filled and people kept coming through looking for a spot. Since last year was Canada's 150th birthday we got free passes to the National Parks. Stayed in Banff and Jasper as part of a 7 week camping trip that took us clear up to Fairbanks, AK. Driving through Alberta, BC, and Yukon was absolutely beautiful.[/quot

Thanx for sharing your memories. We both have beautiful countries and people. Love to watch your TV specials for 4th of July!!

Cheers louden

Happy Canada Day to our northern brothers. Years ago I had to do some work in Detroit and was there one time when they held the joint celebration of Canada and the USA. I watched the fireworks from Windsor which I usually went to for dinner.

PS: I don't suppose you Canadians would consider trading your PM for our white house occupant? :rolleyes:;p

Happy Canada Day to our northern brothers. Years ago I had to do some work in Detroit and was there one time when they held the joint celebration of Canada and the USA. I watched the fireworks from Windsor which I usually went to for dinner.

PS: I don't suppose you Canadians would consider trading your PM for our white house occupant? :rolleyes:;p

NO, but I like your sense of humour!

Talking about Prime Ministers and Presidents.

I love both of them.They are opposites.

Both bring out points that I agree and disagree with with.

On a cruise we are like a big family we all get to know one another.

I like traveling with my neighbors from across the border....also getting to meet different folks from around this big world of ours.Cruising is a great way of getting to know one another.

So many more Canada Days and 4th of July's....neighbors and friends for life .:D:D.

P.S.And many more cruises:*

President Twitter? NO thanks :)

Thank you! It’s nice to see that the Americans that count still love Canada (and don’t think of us as a threat to national security ;) )

Gotta just love the media or whoever perpetuates the wrong ideas. Nobody speaks for me except for me and I like "nice people" regardless of where they were born. :)