What was your upgrade offer and what did you bid

CCHelp

1 hour ago, HerrTrigger said:

drvmywifecrzy ... just saw your post. Wondering when your departure date is. I just called after seeing your post. Trying to go from Spa Mini (M9) to Haven Spa (H9) quoted $999/pp. Sailing on 18th.

Im on the 8/18 Escape sailing  BA  to H9

Called and can get the H4 for much less than my current bid, but I am really looking forward to that aft balcony.  Staying there for now......subject to change.  Also withdrawing my bid, for now.

We are sailing this Sunday on the Escape.  Just got notified of upgrade to mini suite M3 from balcony for $200 total.  Now Midship but on deck 9.  At least bigger balcony.

First time doing this so interesting process.  Was hoping for bigger aft cabin but knew that was a longshot 🤪.

6 minutes ago, cheeseclan said:

We are sailing this Sunday on the Escape.  Just got notified of upgrade to mini suite M3 from balcony for $200 total.  Now Midship but on deck 9.  At least bigger balcony.

First time doing this so interesting process.  Was hoping for bigger aft cabin but knew that was a longshot 🤪.

Congrats on the upgrade!! 

If you dont mind I have a couple questions. Did you book with CAS or on your own?

Did you happen to see how full your ship was and room availability before you bid? And lastly, $100PP or $200 PP ?

Trying to gage for my upcoming cruise on the Escape 9-1

Edited by Anonymoussol

2 hours ago, Anonymoussol said:

If you dont mind I have a couple questions. Did you book with CAS or on your own?

Did you happen to see how full your ship was and room availability before you bid? And lastly, $100PP or $200 PP ?

Not sure what CAS is?  We used our travel agent we have used for years.

Yes I looked at ship and all the categories that were available to bid on.  I selected 4 different cabins and we received this one. 

Happy that it has a bigger balcony and I hear bathroom as well.  Midship but over deck 8.  Oh well at least not under something loud.

It was $100 per person so $200 total charged.

4 minutes ago, cheeseclan said:

Not sure what CAS is?  We used our travel agent we have used for years.

Yes I looked at ship and all the categories that were available to bid on.  I selected 4 different cabins and we received this one. 

Happy that it has a bigger balcony and I hear bathroom as well.  Midship but over deck 8.  Oh well at least not under something loud.

It was $100 per person so $200 total charged.

Congratulations the shower in the mini suites on escape is wonderful.  We’re you originally in a balcony or ocean view cabin?

On 8/1/2019 at 9:52 AM, Anonymoussol said:

Anonymoussol, please let us know if you you get an upgrade for your 9/1 Escape cruise.  I'm assuming you booked through CAS?  I did as well for the 9/15 cruise... want to know what my chances are for an upgrade having booked through CAS.

• Like 1

I'm sailing on the Jade August 22nd in an outside cabin and received an upgrade offer about 80 days out.  I performed a mock booking and saw many (about 15) Mini Suites available but only a few Balcony rooms (3).  These were cabins for four.  If I looked at Balcony rooms for two there was wide availability.

I checked inventory nearly every day and at about 60 days out, availability disappeared.  Mini Suites were totally gone and there were no Balcony cabins for four.  The availability did not decrease day by day, but were all gone at once.

As time has passed, categories have become sold out leaving only inside cabins available today (22 days out).

Could this be due to upgrades being processed early?   I am still getting offers to submit a upgrade bid when I log in.  

12 minutes ago, marx said:

I'm sailing on the Jade August 22nd in an outside cabin and received an upgrade offer about 80 days out.  I performed a mock booking and saw many (about 15) Mini Suites available but only a few Balcony rooms (3).  These were cabins for four.  If I looked at Balcony rooms for two there was wide availability.

I checked inventory nearly every day and at about 60 days out, availability disappeared.  Mini Suites were totally gone and there were no Balcony cabins for four.  The availability did not decrease day by day, but were all gone at once.

As time has passed, categories have become sold out leaving only inside cabins available today (22 days out).

Could this be due to upgrades being processed early?   I am still getting offers to submit a upgrade bid when I log in.  

Even a sold out ship at the 60 or 50 or even 10 day mark they might offer you to bid because 1. Cancellations can and do happen 2. Their might be a block of inventory that is being held by a ta that isn’t sold and goes back into inventory 3.  They still like to data mine, so they take and compile all those bids for future prices on bidding trends

4 hours ago, bonstersd said:

Anonymoussol, please let us know if you you get an upgrade for your 9/1 Escape cruise.  I'm assuming you booked through CAS?  I did as well for the 9/15 cruise... want to know what my chances are for an upgrade having booked through CAS.

I did book through CAS. I was comped an inside room. I have heard it is harder to get a upgrade when you book with a comp. but thats just a rumor I think. Will let you know for sure. 

2 minutes ago, Anonymoussol said:

I did book through CAS. I was comped an inside room. I have heard it is harder to get a upgrade when you book with a comp. but thats just a rumor I think. Will let you know for sure. 

Thanks!   I had an inside comped room too but upgraded to a ocean view.... bidding on balconies.

3 hours ago, Anonymoussol said:

I have yet to lose a bid, and I booked through CAS most of the time. That doesn't decrease your chances just like booking a sailaway category do not decrease your chances. 👍

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, marx said:

Did you notice an increase in available inside and ocean view cabins at about the same time?  If yes, then I'd be inclined to think they did indeed do upgrades early. And if no, I have no idea why all those cabins would disappear so suddenly.

Edited by macandlucy

12 hours ago, macandlucy said:

Did you notice an increase in available inside and ocean view cabins at about the same time?  If yes, then I'd be inclined to think they did indeed do upgrades early. And if no, I have no idea why all those cabins would disappear so suddenly.

I did not look at the number of cabins available for Inside (or Oceanview) - only the categories I was bidding for.  I did notice price increases for categories that were available.  Inside cost when I checked yesterday was higher than it was for Mini Suites on 5/31/19.  (And today, the cruise appears sold out).  So, I guess there were lots of late bookings.

5 minutes ago, marx said:

So, I guess there were lots of late bookings.

At some point they do have to assign all the “sail away” and “guaranteed” cabins. 

It is possible that they had so many of those booked that they had to allocate those early and that explains the big drop in cabin counts. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, JandC_Cruising said:

At some point they do have to assign all the “sail away” and “guaranteed” cabins. 

It is possible that they had so many of those booked that they had to allocate those early and that explains the big drop in cabin counts. 

This makes a lot of sense based on the trend I saw of whole categories disappearing (with quite a bit of cabin choice) from one day to the next 

Edited by marx

15 minutes ago, marx said:

This makes a lot of sense based on the trend I saw of whole categories disappearing (with quite a bit of cabin choice) from one day to the next 

My son had an Inside guarantee on Gem in early July.  He had booked it just a week or so before sailing when the only insides showing available were Family.   They finally assigned him a great IA on deck 10 about 3 days before sailing and then you could see they were moving everyone and processing the upgrades.   You really can't tell from what we see as 'available' as I believe there are tons of guarantees.   He was a single so guess they didn't want to use one of those family insides for him.

• Like 1

On 8/2/2019 at 5:53 PM, romalley99 said:

I have yet to lose a bid, and I booked through CAS most of the time. That doesn't decrease your chances just like booking a sailaway category do not decrease your chances. 👍

Good to know. I'm curious. What type of room were you originally comped and where on the scale did your offers fall? My offers are high fair or barely good.

On 7/31/2019 at 11:13 AM, lfreda said:

We did the same thing for the 8/18 sailing on the Escape.  The price drop today made it not worth taking the chance as our bids were right in line with what the upgrade cost.  I already see inventory getting swallowed up this morning.

Price drop basically eliminated 8/18 upgrades to the haven.

Booked SE on the dawn. Noticed the DOS suites were all open and SE was sold out 3 weeks from sailing. Called and asked how much to switch rooms. They gave me the DOS for no extra charge. Kept all my obc. They listed my old room for more then I paid and was sold out again 1 day later. I booked through a travel agent. Still can't believe it worked!

• Like 1

15 hours ago, lfreda said:

Price drop basically eliminated 8/18 upgrades to the haven.

Yeah, the price drops on the Escape are insane.  Seems like NCL is reducing the price to sell the Haven rather than go the upgrade route.  Maybe too many people complaining about others bragging in the area that they got their room for a lot less?  I’m just theorizing and have no idea if this is the case, but the prices are below what people’s bids were at.  I could have upgraded for less than my current bid, but then realized I really wanted to keep the room I had and withdrew my bid.

Today is the 80 days out mark, and I received the offer to bid on a mini-suite and a balcony for Oct. 24 cruise on the Jade.  When I do a mock booking there are 24 mini-suites available to be booked but only 2 balconies. I made a "fair" bid on the mini suite and a "good" bid on the balcony... now the status for the mini-suite says "pending" and does not have the option to modify or cancel but my status for the balcony will allow me to modify or cancel, is this normal?