What was your upgrade offer and what did you bid

CCHelp

2 hours ago, debgreg said:

I still haven't had an email, I am losing hope, 60 days....how often other than when a TA does not participate does this happen, does anyone know ?

Have you registered to the NCL.com account?. We never receive an email to upgrade. We have a travel agent. We go to our NCL account and there is a section there that tells you " let's get you upgraded" and that's how we do it. Good luck

• Like 1

On 9/4/2019 at 1:13 PM, spanishguy1970 said:

We are still waiting for our bid to be accepted or denied but we are 45 days out. However, today i checked and our bids went from very poor range to fair and good range and still lots of availability so still hopeful 🙂 . We are on the NCL Getaway for 19 days in October.

Did you change your bids, or did they somehow automatically change?

I just got an upgrade message for our Pride of America 9/14 sailing inside cabin booking. Both oceanviews and balconies are totally sold out so it seems like it's just a tease, but who knows. I bid $80 for the (potentially obstructed) oceanview and $255 for the balconies. We would have paid for a balcony if it had been available when we booked so $255 per would be a bargain.

This has been asked before I am sure so forgive me --  How close in to the cruise are upgrade offers normally accepted if they are accepted?  First time on NCL and booked about 30 days out - just got offer upgrade on the site.

1 hour ago, spanishguy1970 said:

No, i never change my bids. The bids are still the same.

I just went to look at mine and my page for "lets get you upgraded" is no longer there and I went and found the e-mail for upgrading and it said not eligible for upgrade. I do NOT have an e-mail stating any of our bids have been accepted or denied. So I wonder what has happened?

4 hours ago, spanishguy1970 said:

Have you registered to the NCL.com account?. We never receive an email to upgrade. We have a travel agent. We go to our NCL account and there is a section there that tells you " let's get you upgraded" and that's how we do it. Good luck

Yes I’m registered, we cruised in July but booked later, waited about two weeks before the email, no message on the NCL account. This time we have let’s  you upgraded but it’s the premium DP 🙈 nothing cabins but there are all categories available including Haven 

25 minutes ago, debnjoe1438 said:

I just went to look at mine and my page for "lets get you upgraded" is no longer there and I went and found the e-mail for upgrading and it said not eligible for upgrade. I do NOT have an e-mail stating any of our bids have been accepted or denied. So I wonder what has happened?

Oh my goodness, i have no idea what happened. I would call NCL and inquire, nothing like this has ever happened to me, so i would not know what to tell you. I wish you good luck, let us know if you fixed the problem.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, spanishguy1970 said:

Oh my goodness, i have no idea what happened. I would call NCL and inquire, nothing like this has ever happened to me, so i would not know what to tell you. I wish you good luck, let us know if you fixed the problem.

Well, I tried to call and I suppose the call dropped. However, in the meantime, everything came back 🙂 However, I don't believe my "poor, fair, good..." changed. Maybe a computer glitch.

Edited by debnjoe1438

1 hour ago, debgreg said:

Yes I’m registered, we cruised in July but booked later, waited about two weeks before the email, no message on the NCL account. This time we have let’s  you upgraded but it’s the premium DP 🙈 nothing cabins but there are all categories available including Haven 

I would call your TA and have them get in touch with NCL. My TA knew that I was eligible and sent me an email to watch for NCL's message, which showed up later that day. Good luck.

Edited by Firepath
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, 2cmu92 said:

This has been asked before I am sure so forgive me --  How close in to the cruise are upgrade offers normally accepted if they are accepted?  First time on NCL and booked about 30 days out - just got offer upgrade on the site.

The typical normal upgrade happens 5 to 7 days before sailing, can happen earlier but not the norm.  Mine were 5, 4 , 3 and 48 hours prior.  Strongest bid was 48 hours prior and weakest bid accepted was 5 days prior, supply and demand, so each sailing different 

6 hours ago, debnjoe1438 said:

For our cruise last Jan that happened to me a lot, one day it wouldn’t be there then the next it was. And it was different on my IPad vs my IPhone, the way I could view my bids and the range they were in. Good luck!

8 hours ago, mario64 said:

Do they always either accept or decline offers? My sailing is Sunday and both offers still say Pending status

You should receive rejection email this afternoon unless you receive a acceptance email before then, I've won all mine, but my last one I received acceptance email at exactly 200pm on Friday before sailing 

32 minutes ago, Nclgetawaymenhoney said:

You should receive rejection email this afternoon unless you receive a acceptance email before then, I've won all mine, but my last one I received acceptance email at exactly 200pm on Friday before sailing 

Great thank you. Given the long delay I’m expecting a reject. We’ll see

16 hours ago, Nclgetawaymenhoney said:

The typical normal upgrade happens 5 to 7 days before sailing, can happen earlier but not the norm.  Mine were 5, 4 , 3 and 48 hours prior.  Strongest bid was 48 hours prior and weakest bid accepted was 5 days prior, supply and demand, so each sailing different 

Do you mean that the typical normal upgrade happens 5 to 2 days before sailing?   Your experiences seem to be all within the 5 to 2 day range.  

Logistical question...  re: winning bids...  Let's say you win and are notified 48 hours before your cruise departs...  Does that mean you will have to print all new docs and make new luggage tags?  Interested as we will have already arrived in Florida 2 days prior to cruise...

13 hours ago, Stlcardsfan79 said:

For our cruise last Jan that happened to me a lot, one day it wouldn’t be there then the next it was. And it was different on my IPad vs my IPhone, the way I could view my bids and the range they were in. Good luck!

In the end, was your bid accepted?

6 minutes ago, cliffd64 said:

Logistical question...  re: winning bids...  Let's say you win and are notified 48 hours before your cruise departs...  Does that mean you will have to print all new docs and make new luggage tags?  Interested as we will have already arrived in Florida 2 days prior to cruise...

That's the question I have as I will be out of the country 3 day's prior to sailing.