What was your upgrade offer and what did you bid

CCHelp

8 hours ago, blueslily said:

Jamie,

I am on the NCL website doing a mock booking. I want to see how many cabins per category are remaining. Im looking but cant find that info. Where do they post that during the booking process?

Thanks!

When you get to the stage where you can choose your actual room, you will see a maximum of 15 available rooms to choose from. If there are fewer than 15 choices, then you know that category is nearly sold out.  If the category is in GTY (except for the SailAway options), that means it is likely sold out, but they will let people book a GTY to get at least that category or better.

• Like 1

On the Escape this Sunday 9/01.  At 12:01am this morning I got an email that I was upgraded to a DOS.  The best part was I hadn't bid on a DOS only all of the other suite categories.  Then at 6:01am I got the oops you are not upgraded we made a mistake email.  I figured that there was something wrong and was kind of half waiting for the oops email.  As of 9:00 am all of bids are still pending.  

9 hours ago, blueslily said:

Jamie,

I am on the NCL website doing a mock booking. I want to see how many cabins per category are remaining. Im looking but cant find that info. Where do they post that during the booking process?

Thanks!

You choose the category, and then it will show you the cabins you have available to choose from.  Count how many there are.  😃

Gem, 9/13, Quebec City to Boston

$740 PP from mid ship Balcony to Aft Penthouse.  Rm 8130.  We're now over Bliss lounge so hopefully I won't regret that!

My bid was the lowest you could bid to get from "poor" to "fair" chance.  Also bid for an H5, same level.  There was no availability when I tried a mock booking so I was pretty amazed to get it!

Is my H5 bid automatically now gone?  I don't see an option to edit it anymore. z

Edited by anotterchaos

37 minutes ago, anotterchaos said:

$740 PP from mid ship Balcony to Aft Penthouse.  Rm 8130.  We're now over Bliss lounge so hopefully I won't regret that!

My bid was the lowest you could bid to get from "poor" to "fair" chance.  Also bid for an H5, same level.  There was no availability when I tried a mock booking so I was pretty amazed to get it!

Is my H5 bid automatically now gone?  I don't see an option to edit it anymore. z

Yes all your other bids are gone.  Once your bid is processed all the other pending bids expire

I just thought of something, if I upgrade my CAS comp inside stateroom right now on the Escape using Credit Card points, would that change my bidding options?

Can I combine meta upgrades from NCL Credit Card with a CAS comp and attempt to bid for Haven? I have enough for 2 meta upgrades according to the credit card redemption, which would put me up to a balcony.

I've never thought about this, but it seems quite logical to combine these things together. Has anyone ever tried this?

On 8/30/2019 at 7:02 AM, anotterchaos said:

Great!  Looking forward to meeting you anotter.  We too had midship balcony, and bid on a number of suites.  Aft penthouses are nice in general, but because of concern about possible noise, I bid very low. Let me know how it is.  I bid much higher for  two bedroom SC and H4, which we got.  Let's look each other up next week and discuss.

Lynn 

I got the offer at 90 days out. My first NCL cruise and booked through a TA. Still waiting to hear back on my bid. Hope you can get an offer. I had an email from NCL and my TA about it, so maybe you could check with your TA.

Edited by Firepath
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, Firepath said:

I got the offer at 90 days out. My first NCL cruise and booked through a TA. Still waiting to hear back on my bid. Hope you can get an offer. I had an email from NCL and my TA about it, so maybe you could check with your TA.

Thanks me too, I booked with the same TA last time and got an email, so here’s hoping 🤞 

3 minutes ago, kismet59 said:

We just received our upgrade!

Ship Norwegian 

categorie MB  paid 1450 each plus that

we offered $400 each to upgrade. 

Currently I am deliriously happy. And now we are upgraded to a SF Penthouse aff balcony

Congratulations, What ship, and where are you going, how many days? When are you sailing?

On 8/30/2019 at 8:58 AM, skeeter195 said:

On the Escape this Sunday 9/01.  At 12:01am this morning I got an email that I was upgraded to a DOS.  The best part was I hadn't bid on a DOS only all of the other suite categories.  Then at 6:01am I got the oops you are not upgraded we made a mistake email.  I figured that there was something wrong and was kind of half waiting for the oops email.  As of 9:00 am all of bids are still pending.  

that is strange.

Edited by dexddd

Trying the upgrade bid process for the first time...  originally booked mid ship balcony on Breakaway 11/23 sailing ...  put in offers for three different classes of Haven penthouse at a tick into the fair zone on the meter...  offered 850 pp in each case...  lets see what happens... 🙂 

Got a bid accepted. 115 euros/person from Inside garanty to Mid ship balcony on the Getaway, 9 days baltic, departing tomorrow. The upgrade bid mail came four days prior to the cruise, The bid was accepted yesterday.

It was a last minute booking, booked it six days before sailing. With just a short train ride, 50 minutes, from port, it is going to be very convinient. 

The bid was cosidered as poor, the red colour. So I am happy. 

Edited by roxette
  • Like 1

Interesting that the strength of the bids changes. I just looked and my poor bid is now mid Fair. I'll have to watch that. Thanks for the info. We are also 45 days out but not on the Getaway.

Edited by Firepath
  • Like 2

We are booked in an inside room code IF.  I've made a bid which is in the mid fair zone.  My question is.....if you are bidding to move from an inside room to a balcony, is it likely you will get one of the obstructed balcony rooms with a bid?

Edited by Mikel1733
spelling

6 minutes ago, Mikel1733 said:

We are booked in an inside room code IF.  I've made a bid which is in the mid fair zone.  My question is.....if you are bidding to move from an inside room to a balcony, is it likely you will get one of the obstructed balcony rooms with a bid?

In Jan we moved from inside to Aft  balcony. 

• Like 3