What was your upgrade offer and what did you bid

CCHelp

what dou you think ? Makes it sence to increase the bids if nothing happens ? our bids from 2 weeks ago are still "in process".

We bidded from Balkony midship to spa balcony on getaway 10/21....(litlle bit more than poor range).

Are you sure it says in process, or does it say pending? That is a long time for processing.

The VAST majority of bids on a sailing are processed all at once.There is speculation that for some categories on some sailings, there is an "auto-accept threshold" of some sort where if your bid is high enough, it will get automatically accepted within 24 hours of placing it. But typically speaking, raising your bid will not speed up acceptance. It will be processed at the same time as all the others on the sailing.

Now that I've booked the Bliss, thanks in large part to your feedback, it's time for me to bid on upgrades to Haven or Minisuite. We're within 80 days of sailing and I got the upgrade notice today! Probably wont bid on minisuite because I'm pretty happy with my balcony location. Now, I have to review the 49 pages of this thread for tips!

Now that I've booked the Bliss, thanks in large part to your feedback, it's time for me to bid on upgrades to Haven or Minisuite. We're within 80 days of sailing and I got the upgrade notice today! Probably wont bid on minisuite because I'm pretty happy with my balcony location. Now, I have to review the 49 pages of this thread for tips!

Hehe, there is a lot to get through! And don't forget, this is actually Part 2 of this thread. There is a whole other 1000 post thread before this. As for advice, I think you are on the right track not bidding on the Mini if you are happy with your balcony location. I've never felt like it was worth risking a good room location for a slightly larger bathroom. As for bidding on the Haven, my best advice is to bid what you are comfortable with. Ideally, your bid will be an amount where you are happy if you win the upgrade, but also happy to have that money to spend on board if you lose. Also, be sure to check the actual prices for Havens regularly. If they drop low enough, you might be happier upgrading directly and getting the additional perks.

First time NCL cruiser. I have a mid ship balcony room on deck 10 on the Sun. Not sure if I can get anything better. Maybe a mini suite? How much should I bid? I guess room could be any deck anywhere?

I like where I am now, would prefer a lower deck for less motion. And would a mini suite have a larger bathroom?

Sun minisuites have much larger bathroom and don’t have the annoying shower curtains...I love the Sun but not the showers!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

If you bid and it's accepted you must keep it, yes? You lose your original room? Any way to guess where an upgraded room might be? (Minisuite) How do you know what to bid? What is too low or too high for a bid?

If you bid and it's accepted you must keep it, yes? You lose your original room? Any way to guess where an upgraded room might be? (Minisuite) How do you know what to bid? What is too low or too high for a bid?

Answer:

If you bid and it's accepted you must keep it, yes?

"YES" - Part of the Terms and Conditions of bidding !

Answer:

You lose your original room?

"YES" - You move into the room you upgraded to and keep all the benefits-perks-promos-OBC

of the old room booking.

If the move was to a suite you get Butler and Concierge services - to a SPA you get the spa.

All spelled out in the Terms & Conditions.

Answer:

Any way to guess where an upgraded room might be? (Minisuite)

Do a dummy booking and see what is available ? Those unsold cabins may be what you might get.

If the category is sold out - then it might be any one of those booked cabins waiting for the occupants

to either upgrade(bid) to something else or a simple cancellation all this happening within no later

than 2 days of sailing.

Answering:

How do you know what to bid?

When you get the invitation to bid/upgrade to the next two higher categories of stateroom there will

a meter type device on the right side of the bidding page. Move your mouse or other device to move

the meter from NO BID to a selection from POOR to EXCELLENT. There is a minimum level to start

the bid and a maximum. In the bidding process if you set your selection at the first notch click and then

incrementally hit the right arrow moving the bid one up or the left arrow lowering it.

When you are satisfied with the amount click on continue to the page of credit card payment.

Answer:

What is too low or too high for a bid?

Obviously if bidding the maximum you should have bought the cabin from the get go if it was available.

Where do you start ? How much to bid ? What is you budget ? How badly do you need what the upgrade ?

If a category still has cabins for purchase no need to over bid the minimum may work ?

What minimum ? Ship sailing full game changer - you no doubt are bidding against a lot of other interested

parties with their own bidding limitations. Got time to read a few posts (LOTS) here at CC for more on this

subject.

Upgrading goes back several years - - -

The bidding is only a recent enterprise - - -

It is a sorta of combination of all the attributes of Ebay - - -

Winning bid get the prize cabin

There is the Make an Offer which pretty much sums it up - NCL awards to highest offer

Buy It Now is where you simply buy the cabin right out of inventory - no bidding ***

*** with the possibility of NCL offering you opportunity for a few dollars more to get a bigger better cabin

# unlike Ebay the upgrading/bidding may not be a single award - there maybe a cascade or domino effect

of the winner of cabin #1 leaves cabin #2 open and so on - a winner may be joining moves from the suite

to the ocean view cabin and anything in between.

Since the bidding/upgrading program is rather new all the answers and suggestions are a guess but the

operation is governed by the Terms & Conditions.

Good Luck whatever course/cruise you take !

Just wanted to post an update for anyone on the 10/21 Getaway. Our upgrade bid was just accepted from a mid-ship mini suite to the Forward-Facing Haven (H7)! This will be our first Haven experience and we can't wait!

For those who have sailed in a Haven before, is there anything we should be aware of/look to take advantage of other than the obvious amenities?

Just wanted to post an update for anyone on the 10/21 Getaway. Our upgrade bid was just accepted from a mid-ship mini suite to the Forward-Facing Haven (H7)! This will be our first Haven experience and we can't wait!

For those who have sailed in a Haven before, is there anything we should be aware of/look to take advantage of other than the obvious amenities?

How much did you bid?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Forums mobile app

Congrats!! The Haven restaurant and lounge are amazing. We only ate one meal at the main DR during our entire cruise in the Haven. Breakfast and lunch are both full meals if desired, plus they have a great self-serve buffet at breakfast that is all included.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=57109695&postcount=110

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=57109715&postcount=111

Also, they have outdoor seating under the sundeck area by the lounge where they will also serve breakfast and lunch.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=57113605&postcount=147

The bartenders we had were just incredible. Hopefully, you will still have Miroslav and Ezekiel.

Relax and enjoy!

The VAST majority of bids on a sailing are processed all at once.There is speculation that for some categories on some sailings, there is an "auto-accept threshold" of some sort where if your bid is high enough, it will get automatically accepted within 24 hours of placing it. But typically speaking, raising your bid will not speed up acceptance. It will be processed at the same time as all the others on the sailing.
thank you this really helps

Another thing with deck 8 forward balconies on Jade is they are hull balconies with metal frames and do not feel as open as Plexiglas balconies. I personally don't mind them but some people don't like hull balconies.

Come in handy with a little bit of rain though, plus more shade

So, I have read this thread (and its predecessors) over the past couple weeks. Thank you to everyone who has helped shed some light on this crazy process.

I did have a scenario that I haven't seen discussed and wanted to get your opinions (knowing that a definitive answer is likely not possible).

This is my first Norwegian cruise (5th anniversary cruise with my wife!); we are booked in an interior and have purchased spa passes. I have also placed bids on both a spa balcony and spa mini-suite.

My question; do you think the bidding process takes into consideration whether a guest has purchased spa passes when accepting bids for spa eligible rooms? My thought process is that Norwegian already has our money for spa passes, so theoretically my bid on a spa room would be worth less to them than if they assigned it to someone not already buying spa access (if awarded a spa room, we would be refunded the $400 for spa passes we have paid).

Let me know if that makes sense, and if so, what you think. I would be willing to cancel my spa passes for now if I thought it gave us a better shot at winning one of the spa upgrades.

Thanks!

So, I have read this thread (and its predecessors) over the past couple weeks. Thank you to everyone who has helped shed some light on this crazy process.

I did have a scenario that I haven't seen discussed and wanted to get your opinions (knowing that a definitive answer is likely not possible).

This is my first Norwegian cruise (5th anniversary cruise with my wife!); we are booked in an interior and have purchased spa passes. I have also placed bids on both a spa balcony and spa mini-suite.

My question; do you think the bidding process takes into consideration whether a guest has purchased spa passes when accepting bids for spa eligible rooms? My thought process is that Norwegian already has our money for spa passes, so theoretically my bid on a spa room would be worth less to them than if they assigned it to someone not already buying spa access (if awarded a spa room, we would be refunded the $400 for spa passes we have paid).

Let me know if that makes sense, and if so, what you think. I would be willing to cancel my spa passes for now if I thought it gave us a better shot at winning one of the spa upgrades.

Thanks!

The last time I checked the code of the bid form, which lets you see all the data fields that get sent to PlusGrade, whether or not a person has already purchases spa passes was not sent along. Also, if you purchased your spa passes before you put in your bid, then there is definitely no way for PlusGrade to have that info unless it is sent to them by Norwegian separately and directly, which seems unlikely.

Thanks!

Maybe I'm confused but it seems to me that if they already have your money ($400) and you've placed a bid on a room that includes the spa, then your bid is worth more to them than someone who has placed a bid but hasn't yet purchased spa passes. In your case, they're getting your $400 and your bid amount. A person who wins a spa balcony without purchasing spa passes is worth $400 less to NCL...Just my take but as others have mentioned, there's so much that goes in to deciding who gets accepted that the consumer isn't privy to. All that to say, I don't think your chances are either better or worse bc of your spa passes. Good luck!

Thanks!

No one except NCL and the third-party company that handles the upgrades. I can tell you from personal experience - Getaway on 7/3/2018 - that we had pre-purchased spa passes and one our bid to a Haven Spa and were able to cancel our purchased spa passes prior to sailing.

No one except NCL and the third-party company that handles the upgrades. I can tell you from personal experience - Getaway on 7/3/2018 - that we had pre-purchased spa passes and one our bid to a Haven Spa and were able to cancel our purchased spa passes prior to sailing.

Good to know they refunded you the cost of the spa passes. Like many have said, no rhyme or reason.

I can't handle the anticipation one more second! Sailing Friday on the Dawn out of Boston. I've thoroughly enjoyed this thread and the previous one during the past month since I booked the cruise. I placed my bid immediately after booking, once I received the email notice.

Has anyone noticed a trend on if there is a certain time of day that bids are awarded? I'm driving myself crazy checking ncl.com for cabin availability, checking my text messages for credit card alerts, and of course, this thread! From what I gather my sailing is pretty full, however, all categories are available for booking at this moment. I'm going to be disappointed if nothing happens by the time Wednesday rolls around, but reminded myself of the $xxx.00 that I can spend elsewhere!

Maybe I'm confused but it seems to me that if they already have your money ($400) and you've placed a bid on a room that includes the spa, then your bid is worth more to them than someone who has placed a bid but hasn't yet purchased spa passes. In your case, they're getting your $400 and your bid amount. A person who wins a spa balcony without purchasing spa passes is worth $400 less to NCL...Just my take but as others have mentioned, there's so much that goes in to deciding who gets accepted that the consumer isn't privy to. All that to say, I don't think your chances are either better or worse bc of your spa passes. Good luck!

If we got a spa room, we would get refunds on the spa passes. I confirmed with a chat rep that they are refundable up to day of sale for those that win Spa room bids.

Jamie - thanks for the info. I'll keep my passes for now and keep my fingers crossed on the upgrade bids.

You can cancel and receive a refund for spa passes if you are upgraded to a spa cabin.

Thanks!

spa mini nor any mini suite was not available for us to bid, also inside room