4th of July on Princess Cruise Ships- Anything special going on?

voljeep

Will there be firework displays from the ship?

Any special onboard activities, meals, contests?

just curious is all...:cool:

I don't know from personal experience but I would wager that there will be no celebration of the United States declaring independence from England aboard Princess ships currently sailing out of England.

I don't know from personal experience but I would wager that there will be no celebration of the United States declaring independence from England aboard Princess ships currently sailing out of England.

They could have a few fireworks and a Kaiser Chiefs concert on the MUTS. Some of their lyrics seem topical.

Lol John

I sincerely doubt they would set off fireworks. Not only would that be US-centric but it would involve dropping a bunch of garbage from the spent fireworks into the sea.

Firework displays are all but illegal in Alaska. There is only one store in the entire state that can legally sell them to the general public. So scratch seven ships there. And there is only one other Princess ship in North America. I can't see ships elsewhere in the world doing anything more USA-centric than a some red white & blue bunting and maybe an "All American" menu at dinner.

Firework displays are all but illegal in Alaska. There is only one store in the entire state that can legally sell them to the general public. So scratch seven ships there. And there is only one other Princess ship in North America. I can't see ships elsewhere in the world doing anything more USA-centric than a some red white & blue bunting and maybe an "All American" menu at dinner.

But they could still possibly be in port where a professional display would be shown.

But they could still possibly be in port where a professional display would be shown.

In Alaska at this time of year it is not dark until late (Juneau, for example, around 10 PM). No Princess ships will still be in port then.

Fireworks in juneau:

http://juneauempire.com/local/news/2018-07-02/where-go-fireworks-juneau-s-independence-day-celebration

Fireworks in Ketchikan:

https://www.vacationsmadeeasy.com/KetchikanAK/eventCalendar/4thofJulyinKetchikanAK.cfm

If the scheduled allowed, Princess could certainly position ships so that passengers could see fireworks.

In the state I grew up in, fireworks were illegal for individuals. This didn't stop professional

exhibits sponsored by cities, clubs, etc.

I sincerely doubt they would set off fireworks. Not only would that be US-centric but it would involve dropping a bunch of garbage from the spent fireworks into the sea.

Disney ships have fireworks at sea. I think they are the only cruise line allowed to do that. Very special precautions are in place for safety's sake. It was truly awesome on the 2 Disney Dream voyages we took. :ship:

Disney ships have fireworks at sea. I think they are the only cruise line allowed to do that. Very special precautions are in place for safety's sake. It was truly awesome on the 2 Disney Dream voyages we took. :ship:

I think it's more about spending the money than being safe.

Any cruise line that's constantly looking at saving pennies isn't interested in spending big dollars to keep it's people happy.

I have just disembarked from Coral Princess in Alaska. During the cruise they marked Canada day with a fancy iced cake outside the Horizon Court - but it was not edible.

They did a similar type of cake last night (3rd July) and a late night 4th July celebration (that would have gone past midnight to celebrate for the US passenger who were disembarking in the morning). All the waiters in the dining room were wearing red white and blue waistcoats and there was a "turkey and trimmings" thanksgiving type main course in the dining room and horizon.

There were white and blue decorations in several bars set up for the passengers gettingon to the ship on the 4th July.

This was all done veery nicely.

There was no apparent recognition that the football World Cup was going on. I thought that was odd (and disappointing).

Currently on the Royal and the ship was decked out in Red, White,Blue with American favorites for dinner. We won the July 4th trivia! The patter was red! In Dublin, I saw quite a few displays.

10e94096f611fb5ad3bc2ca735c32475.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

What a beautiful display! I'm sure the Americans all enjoyed it. Thanks for sharing.