Sail Free - exclusive Caribbean Princess offer?

DM8386

I'm trying to understand the email I was just sent. Cruise newbie here.

It reads:

SAL FREE! EXCLUSIVE CARIBBEAN PRINCESS OFFER*

Princess is extending a special offer to guests booked on the July 7, 2018 sailing of Caribbean Princess.

Relocate to an Obstructed Oceanview cabin and receive:

* 100% Cruise Fare Refund (as refundable onboard credit)

We've booked a balcony cabin (Caribe deck), isn't this offer more of a "downgrade"? Would this mean we will be getting back our total cost as an onboard credit for the current cruise or to be used at a later time?

I'm trying to understand the email I was just sent. Cruise newbie here.

It reads:

SAL FREE! EXCLUSIVE CARIBBEAN PRINCESS OFFER*

Princess is extending a special offer to guests booked on the July 7, 2018 sailing of Caribbean Princess.

Relocate to an Obstructed Oceanview cabin and receive:

* 100% Cruise Fare Refund (as refundable onboard credit)

We've booked a balcony cabin (Caribe deck), isn't this offer more of a "downgrade"? Would this mean we will be getting back our total cost as an onboard credit for the current cruise or to be used at a later time?

Yes downgrade cabin, get full refund. Notice it’s a REFUNDABLE credit, so whatever you don’t spend, they’ll refund. I’d be jumping on that before it’s gone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It’s a move-down offer. If you are willing to give up your cabin and sail in the obstructed ocean view cabin you will get every dime that you paid for your cruise as a refundable on board credit. Whatever you don’t spend on board will be mailed to you a couple of weeks after you get off the ship.

Hence, you are sailing free!!

Call quickly and grab it if you want a free cruise.

It is a "move down" offer targeted specifically to you. Your sailing is oversold on balcony cabins, so in exchange for you accepting a lesser cabin than you originally paid for you will be given your entire cruise fare (less Government Taxes & Fees, and insurance if so engaged) in the form of a refundable OBC for that cruise. If you don't spend it all you will receive a check in the mail for the balance.

You need to decide quickly as others who received the same offer have likely already accepted. If you want your "free" cruise best you step away from the keyboard and call the number on the e-mail now. Most move-downs involve moving to Inside cabins so it is a no-brainer for me to exchange the balcony for a window with the 100% OBC.

CALL THE NUMBER IMMEDIATELY - GET ON THE WAITING LIST !!

YOU'RE ABOUT TO GET AN AMAZING DEAL !!!

a free cruise and what you paid for your cruise in REFUNDABLE on board credit

DO IT NOW

Looks like they need your balcony cabin. If you down grade to the ocean view they will refund your full fare as an on board refundable credit. So if you don't use the money on board you will get the balance back. So you have to decide do you want your money back and live with an obstructed ocean view.

CALL THE NUMBER IMMEDIATELY - GET ON THE WAITING LIST !!

YOU'RE ABOUT TO GET AN AMAZING DEAL !!!

a free cruise and what you paid for your cruise in REFUNDABLE on board credit

DO IT NOW

I don't see where the OP is getting both a cash refund and refundable OBC, which is typical of a move-over offer. This is a move down on the same cruise.

But yes, run do not walk to the telephone...

I don't see where the OP is getting both a cash refund and refundable OBC, which is typical of a move-over offer. This is a move down on the same cruise.

But yes, run do not walk to the telephone...

they're not really - they're getting a refundable credit for the price of the base cruise fare they paid for their balcony. If at the end of the cruise, there is left over OBC, it will be refunded in the form of a check, if over $ 25.00

I just called and confirmed with Princess. We will receive a cheque for whatever we don't use in 4-6 weeks.

CAUTION: The check (cheque) comes in an envelope with an unfamiliar return address. It will not have Princess or any marking to indicate it is your refund. It looks like an unsolicited ad. Be careful in discarding any junk mail after your cruise until you have the check.

Ours came clearly marked in a double clear pane envelope...

xxx as paying agent for Princess Cruise Lines...although now that I think about it, I'm glad that still made it to our house - about 3 weeks after cruise...

jess sprayin'

We received the same offer today and jumped on it! Well worth giving up our balcony. We are doing a B2B on Caribbean Princess and they were able to get it approved for the second leg as well so we didn’t have to move cabins. They oversold that one as well

Sent from my iPhone using Forums